Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-10-26

Creator: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

Cast: Kiernan Shipka, Ross Lynch, Lucy Davis, Miranda Otto, Chance Perdomo, Michelle Gomez, Jaz Sinclair, Richard Coyle, Bronson Pinchot

Overview: As her 16th birthday nears, Sabrina must choose between the witch world of her family and the human world of her friends. Based on the Archie comic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>

BXje.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Actually seems surprisingly intriguing considering the source material.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Totally was thinking this is Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Never even heard of Chilling Adventures. Is this supposed to be pre, intra, or post Teenage Witch era? Or whole different arc?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, yeah, it is Sabrina the teenage witch. but yes, it was a horror reboot back in 2014.
Its a horror retelling of Sabrina.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Wikipedia

They are all alt realities more or less.
Afterlife with Archie was the first in 2013. Zombie apocalypse in the Archie universe.
Afterlife with Archie - Wikipedia
AfterlifewithArchieIssue1cover.jpg

Sabrina is the bride of Cthulu in that. the popularity of that issue, lead to Chilling adventures of Sabrina comic. (the story is unrelated, afterlife and chilling adventures do not take place in the same canon.)

Vampironica is also good. It just started in march 2018. It also has its own canon.
Vampironica - Wikipedia
Vampironica.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I will say that in the era of DC and Marvel being flaming dumpster fires of reboot-happy insanity the Archie comics people have their shit together. They go all-in on their weird offshoots without crippling the vanilla line.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This was an odd thing to say. have you read Chilling adventures of Sabrina? Its terrific.
618pwkiiiOL.jpg

Totally was thinking this is Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Never even heard of Chilling Adventures.

What he^ said.

I read a lot of Archie / Sabrina classic comics when I was a teenager 20 years ago, had no idea these rebooted dark versions existed. Interesting.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Riverdale is great, will definitely check this out.

Caliane

This is out.

Starting it now. /co/ hated it. did not have any nice things to say. "ep5 and past it just gets worse"

My first thoughts, VERY early into ep1. Main antagonist shows up randomly from woods. kills woman, casts a spell to shapeshift into a her.. instead of: be summoned from the dead by amateur witchs as a joke. murdering said teens, skinning them, wearing their skin to take on their form.
not a good sign.

Familiar are goblins, not people curses into animals for some reason.

"dark lord" instead of satan.
The whole theme so far is Evil Harry potter. shes a half breed, who at 16 is going to be send to Evil hogworts ruled by Voldemort.
This is a massively different direction, then comic Chilling adventures. Honestly the idea is great. and if the show IS that, I would probably be ok with it. even if its not anything like the comic. I have doubts on that being the case though.

Comic Chilling aventures is straight up, witches are satanists. right out the VVitch. 100% those kind of witches. the Black book. fucking goats, eating babies, dancing naked in the woods, flying around.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Started watching it. On episode one and its pretty garbage. Can tell its Netflix as the trans and mentions of "White Patriarchy" have already shown up.

• 2Like
  • 2WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

A shame, I was hoping to get something good to watch in this dead zone of a fall season.

Caliane

ok. im still on ep1. But I think I understand what is going on here.

They took the window dressing of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Satanism, etc.
But, then blending it directly with the Classic Sabrina the Teenage witch from Archie comics. So instead of the Dark horror comic, its the more classic silly hijinks of an Archie comic.

sabrina_0003-378x500.jpg

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Meh it's a far cry from the happy go lucky Sabrina in normal Archie comics. I'm on episode 3 and a little surprised by some of the dark stuff intermixed with a sort of Harry Potter vibe. Don't go in expecting a black mass.

I'm really enjoying it overall.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really like the sets. That high school's Halloween game is lit. That whole town too.

But yeah, pretty pervasive SJW crap everywhere. Nonbinary girl harassed by jocks. Black girl couldn't start her Black Panther Daughter's school club. Cousing is somehow black and a fag despite all her witch family being white... They start a club to defend oppressed from football jocks.

That's just the first episode.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That sounds real retarded sir. Even magic cannot defeat the patriarchy!

• 3Solidarity

Maul

Dental Dammer
Jerked off over Melissa Joan Hart loads of times as a kid so might watch this for nostalgia

• 3Solidarity
TV show information provided by The Movie Database