Civilization VI

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Worst shit I see the AI do is like purchasing a builder with gold in a city the turn before it's captured.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The AI is completely unable to assess its military situation, which is comically bad even for retard devs like them,

It's pretty fucking simple: If you are at war with someone who has more military strength than you -> BUILD UNITS.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I played it for a couple of hours when it was free last weekend. There were a few nice upgrades in the presentation but I didn't see anything that made it a compelling purchase over Civ 5, especially with the AI complaints.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Man I haven't played vs AI in civ 6 in a while, sad to hear its still poor. Love the MP to much.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
AI seems worse now actually than before Xpac, I don't remember units being so constantly suicidal that they'd repeatedly charge into your position even if your defending on a hill/tree's and they're almost dead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The problem with AI in almost all these games is that most of it is still manually written branching logic, even if it is complicated. Some deeper learning techniques would go a long way. Some company should create a way of having the game record the details of a match, send it back home, and throw it in the machine learning bucket and use that data to improve the AI in later patches.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A typo in a Civilization 6 data file is messing with the AI's priorities | PC Gamer

Update: Firaxis has confirmed that the spelling errors are a mistake. In a brief statement sent to PC Gamer, the developer wrote:

“We’re aware of a community-reported bug that has a minor impact on AI behavior. We’ve also made sure that everyone knows that I goes before E except after C… or other weird exceptions. Thanks to all who helped bring this to our attention and there will be a fix included in our next update.”

Original story: There's a story going around that sounds too improbable to be true: that Civilization 6's AI leaders have been acting strangely all this time because of five misspellings in a data file. The likelihood that Firaxis wouldn't have noticed such an obvious error for so long seems minuscule. And yet, inside one of Civ 6's loose data files, Leaders.xml, are the following five lines:

<Row Item="YEILD_PRODUCTION" ListType="DefaultYieldBias" Value="25"/>
<Row Item="YEILD_SCIENCE" ListType="DefaultYieldBias" Value="10"/>
<Row Item="YEILD_CULTURE" ListType="DefaultYieldBias" Value="10"/>
<Row Item="YEILD_GOLD" ListType="DefaultYieldBias" Value="20"/>
<Row Item="YEILD_FAITH" ListType="DefaultYieldBias" Value="-25"/>

In each line, 'YEILD' is a misspelling of 'YIELD.' That wouldn't matter if it were misspelled everywhere, but 'yield' is written with the correct spelling in every other instance across all of Civ 6's data files.

Just lol...

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just bought Rise and Fall because the game was getting pretty dull. Though I must be honest, that might be because I spent the last three weeks binge playing in my free time in an effort to get all the achievements.

Anyway, just started a game as Georgia and I am getting slaughtered. Did they up the ante with the AI? It seems so much more capable than in the original game.

Also, does anyone know where I can find strategies for the new civilizations?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The beauty of this game is that every time you play, and win or lose, you want to play again to try doing something a little differently. Lol. But these are not quick games that lets you try new things over and over. For me, it's a 4 hour process to play a game. Just one more turn....

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just played a game on Quick on a Europe-map. Playing as Scotland, I've sunk like 8 hours into it. First I had to fight against England to keep my independence. Then I conquered England, and colonized Ireland. Spain kept trying to conquer Portugal - which I was the suzerain of - so I stationed a huge army on the border in order to maintain their sovereignty as a city-state. Ended up colonizing Iceland, and now I am about to get a science victory just turns ahead of Poland getting a culture victory.

It's been pretty intense, and I am only playing on Prince difficulty.

• 1Solidarity

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Finally got around to picking this up, figured enough time had passed to patch/expansion it up to a solid playable game, as is the Civ tradition. I won a fairly easy science victory on my second try and I wanted to check which difficulty I played and found out there is no Hall of Fame. Is that something that comes with the xpac? If not, then that's fucking half ass shit. I love having every result of every game of Civ V that I have ever played available to me for all time.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Firaxis is now openly threatening steam forum bans for discussing the red shell spyware

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

Firaxis is now openly threatening steam forum bans for discussing the red shell spyware

Except no Firaxis employee moderates the steam forum. I am curious how this plays out to see if they are in violation of EU's new privacy laws and how they respond.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are. IP addresses are protected as personal information, which they are currently denying.

and SamBC is in the credits for Civ 5 and 6. He's definitely more than just a power hungry mod volunteer.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
looks like its in a whole bunch of games, not just civ 6.

fucky.

Goonsquad Officer
That redshell thing is really disapointing from fireaxis. does spybot/malwarebytes not find it?

I may ask for a refund on principle and refrain from charity-purchasing the new civ games until they can make a product equal to Civ IV

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users