Civilization VI

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Probably the first Civ game/expansion I've ever skipped, this does not seem fun at all.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
That's not like civilisation to try to hamfistedly elbow in environmentalist propaganda and or globalist tripe

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Better be Future Tech weather control/earthquake doomsday machine tech so we can conquer gaea's bitch ass. Also, we've been looking beyond borders the entirety of Civ's existence. Domination is the only good victory condition, so we've been removing borders for decades now...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
already skipped R&F

I'm fucking through with these assholes. Game is just not fun because AI is shit and game has terrible pacing.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I've definitely played less VI than V, and less V than IV. The one unit per tile limit is bonkers design, and they just keep digging into it. At this point I'm skipping Civ VII unless some serious changes come through.

iannis

Musty Nester
I like the idea of one unit, and I like the idea of a hex map instead of a grid map, but as you've all said the AI just can't handle it.

If you play soley multiplayer against other actual humans it's probably a perfectly good design. I wonder who plays civ that way though? I never did and I don't think very many people do. They're trying to make their game something it never was.

I guess you have to if you're unable to tackle the AI issues. it's not like I find a fault with them, I just don't enjoy their product anymore.

The modding community is what made CIV4 the masterpiece that it was.

I tried hard to play CIV5 but it just never clicked. I even enjoyed some of their systems more than CIV4. It's that AI problem, it's just too significant. Never even bought CIV6 or their sci-fi reskin of 5.

Performance started to get really really bad, too. It felt like the 90's with the load times for maps. I've read that it's a problem with coding your entire game in python. I dunno, it's what I've read, but I for sure know the performance of the engine went backwards.

• 2Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Agreed iannis one unit and hex is good. Also you are correct on multiplayer its were most of my 273 hours on VI are from, really more of my time goes into multiplayer with each new game. Along with my group of people playing it with expanding.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
zero interest due to globalist propaganda.

wont be bothering with any civ 6 shit anymore.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should double the bonuses of Volcanic tiles worked by cities, but have them have a chance of blowing up and wrecking tiles/cities later in the game. Play some lava-chicken.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
zero interest due to globalist propaganda.

wont be bothering with any civ 6 shit anymore.
Well there's some realism in there- The Canada gameplay reveal has a world congress vote on migration- the Canadian player used his diplomatic clout to vote through a migration policy that boosts the population growth of their neighbor Hungary, with whom theyve had some wars, by 20% but at the cost of -5 loyalty per turn, which is causing some of their cities to start rebelling. I think thats quite funny. :)

• 2Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Yes, what did you think I was talking about in a civ 6 thread?
Canada is the 3rd new nation being added in the coming expansion, in case you missed it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It sounded like a twist of real world politics with the recent UN migration pact, and I stopped playing with civ 6 vanilla so I don't really know what you can do now.

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
For those with an iPad or iPhone:
Civilization 6 expansion packs are free on iOS

Base game required ($14.99) but you get all 6 expansion packs for free during the following dates:
  • Dec. 20-22: Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack (usually $4.99)
  • Dec. 22-24: Vikings Scenario Pack (usually $4.99)
  • Dec. 24-26: Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack (usually $4.99)
  • Dec. 26-28: Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack (usually $8.99)
  • Dec. 28-30: Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack (usually $4.99)
  • Dec. 30 - Jan. 1: Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack (usually $8.99)

• 1Like

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Those are DLC. Does the iOS version also come with the actual expansion rise n fall?

Correct, those are all DLCs. Four of which are considered top 6 civs. The Rise and Fall expansion has yet to be released on iOS.

Aspyr, the developer for Civ 6 on iOS, has recently updated their FAQ:

Q: Where's the Rise and Fall expansion?
A: We hope to support the expansion in the future but cannot confirm timing or availability at this time.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
How can a $39 DLC for a game with such a shitty rating be the top seller on Steam right now?

• 1WTF