Civilization VI

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
this expansion sucks and this game suck

not sure how they manage to make this game so absolutely boring

edit: I say this as a civ 4 fanboy and civ 5 kinda fanboy - I've always known it takes a couple expansions for a civ to come into it's own but fuck civ 6 I have major regrets buying the expansion and i'm done with the franchise
I realized it was low effort trash when they didn't even bother having a Hall of Fame with all your old playthroughs and scores. To this day I can still look up some of my best games from 4 or 5.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Have held strong to boycotting Civ 6 purchase.

But on the subject of Civ's not being good until expansions, ehh. 1 and 2 were instant classics out of the box on day 1. Sid Meier would have never released the crap that these guys are allowed to release with. Debatable how much of that is due to the DLC crutch option being available today when it wasn't back then. There were no second chances in the offline game world, so there was more effort to have a no excuses product on day 1.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
this expansion sucks and this game suck

not sure how they manage to make this game so absolutely boring

edit: I say this as a civ 4 fanboy and civ 5 kinda fanboy - I've always known it takes a couple expansions for a civ to come into it's own but fuck civ 6 I have major regrets buying the expansion and i'm done with the franchise

Yeah there is no fucking way I would pay $40 for an expansion. I've logged 30 hours in vanilla and I'd say that is probably worth the $15 I paid for it but damn people some money into this game. If the expansion ever goes on sale below $10 I might look at it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Usually sequels in games just get better and better. Usually sequels in movies just get worse and worse.

The Civ series has followed the Movie model...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Usually sequels in games just get better and better. Usually sequels in movies just get worse and worse.

Not always true, Civ 4 was massively better than Civ 3 and the addons - Warlords and Beyond the Sword were spectacular...I consider them to be the peak of Civ.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

this and the trust they've built with this fucked me. not worth do not buy, fuck this game

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Guess I'm rushing sailing...

Vesuvistuck.JPG

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Been playing a bit of this lately when nobody is around to play Siege.

I play on diety/standard/pangea so your mileage may vary. Hungary is just utterly dominant if you can keep two or three nearby city states alive in the early game. The levy with free upgrades makes a swordsman rush taking down two other civs common place. Inca can actually build super tall with the right start so its kind of like heading back to civ five where you only need four to five cities to snowball into a culture or science win. Mali has a super slow start but by turn fifty to sixty I'm pulling down 1k+ gold a turn and between that and the massive faith generation and golden ages + the right governors you are just outright buying full armies and districts. I think I need to play an island plates or archipelago game to actually see how good the Maori can be. Their main strength is definitely getting your exploration on with a quick two to three cities from the fast start.

AI is still dumb as ever when it comes to war but all the stuff you can do in your own little empire kind of makes up for it. Still not on par with five post both expansions but a massive step up from six + rise and fall.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey guys, great news! Civilization 6 now has a *drumroll*.....

BATTLE ROYALE MODE!

rg01oL8.png

• 2Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I just started playing recently and have had a lot of fun with the expansion. World Congress, flood plains, volcanoes... didn't think I'd like them as much as I did.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just started playing recently and have had a lot of fun with the expansion. World Congress, flood plains, volcanoes... didn't think I'd like them as much as I did.

Same! Though Persia is OP as fuck. Still haven't figured out the coastal flooding, how to stop it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Same! Though Persia is OP as fuck. Still haven't figured out the coastal flooding, how to stop it.

Cant really stop the coastal flooding since other civs will be using coal/oil but there is an OP way to get around it. If you have Valetta as a city state in the game and you are its Suzerain, you can buy the flood barriers with faith for like 105 faith points no matter how many hammers the barrier takes to build, they will cost 105 faith points each.

I usually beeline for computers right after I get the modern bomber, then throw my governor onto Valetta and throw as many envoys as needed to become Suzerain and then buy all flood barriers for all cities in 1 turn. Thats assuming I have between 1000-2000 faith by then.

Last edited:
  • 1Like