Coffee Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I got to that point a couple years ago, and I went through the awful withdrawal and stuck it out. I drink decaf now, and only a cup or two a day. I miss the caffeine, but as I roast my own decaf, I get a good roast on it, and it has a full body flavour. I've served it to people without telling them, and people have no idea it's decaf.

I think it was worth getting off the caffeine. It helped my sleep, and I don't get headaches if I don't get a morning cup.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I've become entirely too addicted to coffee. I just drink way too much of it and it's not even for the caffeine or any type of stimulant response or need to wake up, I just love the taste of it. And because of that my body has actually gotten to the point where I go through withdrawal without it. I've been trying to ween myself off of it because it's starting to affect my sleep and overall health (I drink so much damn caffeine that my heart races half the day) and I've realized that caffeine withdrawal actually sucks as bad as the people I always thought were babies whined about. These are some of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life and painkillers do barely anything to stop them but a cup of caffeinated coffee clears them right up. It's fucked up!

Dial back to one caffeinated cup in the morning combined with 200 mg of l-theanine; you get the alertness without the jitters, anxiety, or palps. If you like the taste, make subsequent cups decaf.

Caffeine has a half-life of 5-6 hours for most people, so you shouldn't be having any high caffeine items for at least that long before you go to bed at night. A cup of green tea may be OK because it a) contains only about 20 mg of caffeine and b) is also naturally high in theanine.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dial back to one caffeinated cup in the morning combined with 200 mg of l-theanine; you get the alertness without the jitters, anxiety, or palps. If you like the taste, make subsequent cups decaf.

Caffeine has a half-life of 5-6 hours for most people, so you shouldn't be having any for at least that long before you go to bed at night (with the possible exception of a small glass of green tea, as it both a) contains only about 20 mg of caffeine and b) is also naturally high in theanine.)

Im going to have to figure something out because I've been trying to drink decaf as a substitute but the headaches come poundin.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Im going to have to figure something out because I've been trying to drink decaf as a substitute but the headaches come poundin.
at least caffeine affects you, imagine being seemingly immune to caffeine and just drinking it so you DON'T have the headaches, or take 1200mg ibuprophen, which is scary as fuck but the only amount that seems to help, i mean i actually take zero drugs, zero prescription anything but if i have a coffee headache it'll take 1200mg(6, 200mg tablets) to quiet this headache down. And i've stated, i drink insane amounts of coffee, at least 12cups a day. Sometimes 16cups if i put in an icecube coldbrew.

And i know my coffee is strong, my wife gets super jittery w/ one cup (she'll only drink the coffee we make, the company coffee sucks, they also make coffee, but i won't mention it). Neighbors are amazed at how strong and tasty it is (i mean they use those nasty ass keurigs, so anything is an improvement, also they don't filter this god aweful topeka water).

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
at least caffeine affects you, imagine being seemingly immune to caffeine and just drinking it so you DON'T have the headaches, or take 1200mg ibuprophen, which is scary as fuck but the only amount that seems to help, i mean i actually take zero drugs, zero prescription anything but if i have a coffee headache it'll take 1200mg(6, 200mg tablets) to quiet this headache down. And i've stated, i drink insane amounts of coffee, at least 12cups a day. Sometimes 16cups if i put in an icecube coldbrew.

And i know my coffee is strong, my wife gets super jittery w/ one cup (she'll only drink the coffee we make, the company coffee sucks, they also make coffee, but i won't mention it). Neighbors are amazed at how strong and tasty it is (i mean they use those nasty ass keurigs, so anything is an improvement, also they don't filter this god aweful topeka water).
That explains everything, you're David Lynch!

David Lynch's Philosophy on Drinking Coffee

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Twenty cups of coffee and he doesn't drink it black. That's gotta be like 1500 calories just in dairy consumption per day. At least I drink mine black!

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
coffee.gif

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7doP25s.jpg

I make about 6 cups of this a day, but I want to switch to coffee beans. They don't sell a coffee bean version of the red McCafe and I'm not sure what to switch to.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Twenty cups of coffee and he doesn't drink it black. That's gotta be like 1500 calories just in dairy consumption per day. At least I drink mine black!
yup, currently i can drink peets/camerons black, don pablo i need a hint of milk.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Quick heads-up, my favorite coffee to use for cold brew and espresso is on some kind of weird 40% sale at Amazon right now. I highly recommend it. I'm already in for 2 bags at $12 a bag. I'd be in for more but I just had one delivered. I was able to clip the coupon, order, and then come back and clip the coupon again. People on Slickdeals are saying you can do it infinitely. I used subscribe and save for my first bag, then a regular order for my second.

2.2-lb Lavazza Caffe Espresso Whole Bean Coffee Blend (Medium Roast) $10 w/ S&S + Free S/H

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I have been cold brewing my own ice coffee now for a month or more. I purchased two of these from Amazon:

They work well. I am looking for a decent coffee though. One that is smooth with cold brewing. Any suggestions? Maybe 15 bucks a bag or so tops?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So I have been cold brewing my own ice coffee now for a month or more. I purchased two of these from Amazon:

They work well. I am looking for a decent coffee though. One that is smooth with cold brewing. Any suggestions? Maybe 15 bucks a bag or so tops?

You're in luck! Lavazza is on sale at Amazon today.

I use the Cafe Espresso for my cold brew and believe it to be pretty great. I used to use the Super Crema for espresso, but I was sick of spending over $20 a bag on it. I got a bag of the Gran Crema today and I'll report back on how it does for cold brew.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Been drinking Aldi coffee lately because poor. It's pretty bad.

• 1Barf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

one brand i linked b4 i find is really smooth for coffee atm, i haven't cold brew w/ it yet (i'm waiting on subscribe and save to ship... well basically now, since they ship mid month for me)

i used peets to cold brew, it was better than don pablo at least. since you have two now, you can compare different brands.

whats the ratio you use now?