Coffee Thread

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Do any of you bougie fags have an espresso machine?

Yes, I use it every day. I make myself a sugar-free vanilla latte breve.

I have this thing that I got off of craigslist 8 years ago for $125. It is a champion. When it finally dies I am going to get a pretty nice automatic/super-automatic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I use it every day. I make myself a sugar-free vanilla latte breve.

I have this thing that I got off of craigslist 8 years ago for $125. It is a champion. When it finally dies I am going to get a pretty nice automatic/super-automatic.

I started making Turkish coffee at home. It's kind of therapeutic so I'll stick to that and my Italian stovetop espresso for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have an espresso machine I bought like 10 years ago. Never use the steamer bit cause I drink my shit black tho. It's just more convenient to use daily than my french press.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I started making Turkish coffee at home. It's kind of therapeutic so I'll stick to that and my Italian stovetop espresso for now.
do you have a good grinder that makes the coffee turn into dust?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No I buy lavazza espresso and Turkish coffee blend.
you could get by with any of the ghetto chinese ceramic burr grinders on amazon for 20bucks, lowest setting turns coffee into dust/flour but takes forever to grind.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
anyone have this? I've always wanted something similar (the Breville one mostly) and I can get it through work via our reward point system...

Kiki

Log Wizard
got that exact generous bottle descaler. I have two relatives who have nespressos, now we all have enough descaler to last until 2030. The idea people pay for the packets...... and pay the same 12.99 or whatever it was.

This is an interesting chart for nespresso fanciers, or for anyone who likes thinking about coffee like an everquest gear chart.

That's awesome. I am also on the nespresso train, I have the one with the steamer. So easy, latte every fucking day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Still loving nespresso. I use a k-cup for my morning coffee b/c since I rarely eat breakfast (sometimes even lunch) I dose it with a very healthy shot of cream for some quality calories.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm just amazed that it can produce crema in the fashion it does. Meanwhile my local mom-and-pop can't get the right grind size so everything tastes sour and bitter and then they sell it for $8 for a large. Nespresso has paid for itself several times over at that math. Sometimes I'll even throw it in the Vitamix for a frapp.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
getting a techivorm it either this or a breville precision master

i went w/ the technivorm b/c i hate electronics on appliances, and the breville has too much shit, it even has LCD!

technivorm is 1 button, on/off, mainly getting it cuz the bonavita i have is fine but it's a glass caraf and i want a thermos caraf and thats already like 30% the price of a technivorm, might as well try it out.

still doing cold brew, still coffee method of choice

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Still do cold brew every morning using the method I detailed in the thread. I've been doing it for a while now and it is excellent. Switched bean type from Lavazaa Cafe Espresso to Grab Espresso because I had to buy Gran due to COVID shortages of Cafe and ended up liking the flavor more.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Still do cold brew every morning using the method I detailed in the thread. I've been doing it for a while now and it is excellent. Switched bean type from Lavazaa Cafe Espresso to Grab Espresso because I had to buy Gran due to COVID shortages of Cafe and ended up liking the flavor more.
i think we do the same dump coffee in a walmart pitcher? i think you use a bag tho, hows that working out for you in terms of cleaning?

LiquidDeath

i think we do the same dump coffee in a walmart pitcher? i think you use a bag tho, hows that working out for you in terms of cleaning?
Very easy. I highly recommend using the nut milk bag to filter the grounds.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
getting a techivorm it either this or a breville precision master

i went w/ the technivorm b/c i hate electronics on appliances, and the breville has too much shit, it even has LCD!

technivorm is 1 button, on/off, mainly getting it cuz the bonavita i have is fine but it's a glass caraf and i want a thermos caraf and thats already like 30% the price of a technivorm, might as well try it out.

still doing cold brew, still coffee method of choice
subjectively the technivorm tastes "fuller" i believe it's b/c it uses the cone filters that youre used to seeing with pour over. i see bloom, so maybe thats it as well. it's already a beautiful machine so it's instantly the best looking pour over brewer, it makes the bonavita i have look like a 1970s mr coffee. (and it's already replaced it, bonavita gets the storage treatment)

water comes out at 198, so i happy with that