College Basketball 2014-2015

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Perry Ellis looks like he's 45. I don't really have much else against him. Seems like an easy guy to root for. Still though, fuck Kansas.

I don't ever pay a ton of attention to the B12 standings. Kansas wins most years. We won the tournament last year though. That was cool.
You're right, dude looks like he's 40 for sure. Seems cool though, never see him yelling or screaming or anything like that. Just plays hard.

They are saying he just sprained his knee so he should be back in a week or so anyways

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Georgia handed out "cheer instructions" to their crowd before the Kentucky game last week

B_N2176UoAAntC5.jpg:large

LOL

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And kansas cheats yet again

Sources: NCAA investigating whether family of Kansas' Cliff Alexander received impermissible benefits - Yahoo Sports

and before anyone cries "kansas might not have known, this was all done with family members other than Cliff", I present to you a post from the Mizzou messageboard that I frequent, from October 2013, leading up to signing day:

Missouri Tigers Athletics :: Mizzou College Sports :: TigerBoard.com :: Word out of Illinois Is that Cliff Alexander (top 5 2014 from Chicago) was offered 500k to attend ku...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder how many of those vacated wins were against WVU. I imagine a good amount since they've only beaten Syracuse once in the past 15 years.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If they gave the vacated wins back to JoePa and RapeyValley, Boeheim will get his back as well, probably after he retires.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Glad I picked this season to basically stop giving a shit about college sports. I would hope this was expedite the demise of the NCAA and the influence of basketball and football in college, but I know that's not going to happen.

I'm having trouble finding a list of the violations, anyone got a link to that?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Fuck the NCAA. The suspension for 9 games is understandable. The scholarships being taken away is bad, but alright. Vacating ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT FUCKING WINS?! That's absolutely fucking insane.

NCAA investigation costs Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim 108 wins, drops him to 6th all-time | syracuse.com
Still waiting for the NCAA investigation into UNC basketball for their scandal that is 20x worse than this. But, I doubt it will happen because they are one of the golden children of the NCAA. When you mention NCAA basketball to someone that doesn't watch it or actively watch it, one of the few schools they recognize instantly would be UNC as it is synonymous with college basketball.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
If they gave the vacated wins back to JoePa and RapeyValley, Boeheim will get his back as well, probably after he retires.
Because you know all the facts and prevalent information as to what and who knew what at Penn State. The simple fact that the leading prosecuting attorney for rapedusky saying there was no evidence that JoePa covered shit up should be enough. Yet you are just going with the bullshit report that had no evidence and just makes assumptions and suck the cock of the media narrative. There is a reason why the NCAA backed down and tried to fight having all information released and that of the PSU board of trustees. You prove yourself to be even more fucking retarded everyday.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And Syracuse claims that Boeheim is completely innocent and the infractions were committed by a "rogue employee". Boeheim(like Paterno) knew nothing but is still ultimately held responsible because he is the CEO and it happened on his watch. Sound familiar?

except Boeheims employee only broke arbitrary NCAA rules, he didn't commit and federal crimes.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
And kansas cheats yet again

Sources: NCAA investigating whether family of Kansas' Cliff Alexander received impermissible benefits - Yahoo Sports

and before anyone cries "kansas might not have known, this was all done with family members other than Cliff", I present to you a post from the Mizzou messageboard that I frequent, from October 2013, leading up to signing day:

Missouri Tigers Athletics :: Mizzou College Sports :: TigerBoard.com :: Word out of Illinois Is that Cliff Alexander (top 5 2014 from Chicago) was offered 500k to attend ku...
The first link I believe, and swing as how it was an nba agent I don't see what fuckall it had to KU.

The second link might as well be a 12 year old with a crayon writing his first fantasy novel.

Word out of California is that that site is horseshit.

Word out of Rerolled is that all 5 mizzou starters murdered children and fucked their corpses. It must be true, it's on the Internet

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Still waiting for the NCAA investigation into UNC basketball for their scandal that is 20x worse than this. But, I doubt it will happen because they are one of the golden children of the NCAA. When you mention NCAA basketball to someone that doesn't watch it or actively watch it, one of the few schools they recognize instantly would be UNC as it is synonymous with college basketball.
I don't know where you get that what happened at UNC is twenty times worse, at least not as it pertains to the basketball program. I don't expect (though they might surprise me) the NCAA to come down on them just because of the African Studies class that has drawn so much attention. For one, a lot of non-athletes took the class under the same parameters, which satisfies the NCAA as far as it not being impermissible academic assistance. Secondly as I've mentioned before, the NCAA has always avoided getting into the business of enforcing academic standards outside of athletics. That comes down to the accreditation agencies and that is where the threat to UNC athletics might come from. If those classes loose their accreditation retroactively, then there will be a ton of wins vacated due to ineligible players.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Word out of Rerolled is that all 5 mizzou starters murdered children and fucked their corpses. It must be true, it's on the Internet
Well, if you state that as fact, and then it actually comes to fruition down the road, you probably know what you are talking about. Just like the link I posted. That isn't a link from someone who takes hundreds of random stabs in the dark in the hopes that one will be right, its a 10+ year moderator of the site that has close ties to the Mizzou athletic department(but is not actually an employee of the AD)

Theres a whole lot of shady stuff that happens behind the scenes in college athletics, this just happened to be one of the few instances that actually saw the light of day and became public eventually.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
And Syracuse claims that Boeheim is completely innocent and the infractions were committed by a "rogue employee". Boeheim(like Paterno) knew nothing but is still ultimately held responsible because he is the CEO and it happened on his watch. Sound familiar?

except Boeheims employee only broke arbitrary NCAA rules, he didn't commit and federal crimes.
I don't think anyone said that at all?