College Basketball 2014-2015

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
HUGE win for Louisville today. I was able to go and thankfully was given some of our corporate tickets (our company donates a lot of money to Louisville and strangely UK) for this game that were a few rows from the court. Approx 22,000 in attendance for the game. YUM! Center is a thing of beauty that everyone needs to watch a game in once.

rrr_img_92301.jpg
rrr_img_92302.jpg
rrr_img_92303.jpg

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My point was to bag on the premise of JoePa being an innocent victim according to Rais, not really Boeheim (I honestly think his punishment is a tad harsh)
The thing is the punishment against Blenheim isn't really that terrible. All he has to do is switch schools and all he loses is a few games next year and some games on his record. The school is who is really fucked on this.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
"All" he has to do is switch schools? That is no small thing for someone like Boeheim, who built a program out of nothing and has remained with it for decades. I agree that the brunt of the punishment falls on the school though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
"All" he has to do is switch schools? That is no small thing for someone like Boeheim, who built a program out of nothing and has remained with it for decades. I agree that the brunt of the punishment falls on the school though.
I'm just saying he could if he wanted to. You don't think other schools wouldn't pick him up in a heartbeat?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm just saying he could if he wanted to. You don't think other schools wouldn't pick him up in a heartbeat?
Of course he could land another job, but a coach who builds a program out of whole cloth into one like Syracuse isn't going to take leaving and starting over someplace else at Boeheim's age as a small price to pay for ducking sanctions.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll be out of town so someone make sure to setup ncaa tourney ESPN.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Don't think KU is going to get any more wins going 0fer from 3 this year. Jesus, what happened to their shooting.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Holy shit what the fuck is Hield saying. I didn't understand a single thing he said.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And now the Terps shit the bed.

Anyone got any other teams they'd like me to root for so they can lose their conference tournament?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Save that Kentucky anti-mojo for the national tourney.
Damn straight. I'm hoping one of the really good small schools fucks them up at some point. Probably wont happen with all that talent in there but they just need to have one really bad game.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Kentucky is going to lose, they should have done it in the regular season just to get it out of their systems. 5 teams(before this year) have gone undefeated through the regular season since 1976, none have won the national title. The last to do it was Indiana in 76

2014 Wichita State Shockers (entered the tournament 34?0, lost to Kentucky in the Round of 32. Finished 35-1.)
1991 UNLV Runnin' Rebels (entered the tournament 30?0, but lost in the Final Four to eventual champion Duke. Finished 34-1)
1979 Alcorn State Braves finished the regular season with a perfect 27?0 record, but were not invited to the NCAA Tournament. The Braves lost in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament to Indiana.
1979 Indiana State Sycamores (Larry Bird's team, finished regular season 29?0, but lost in the championship game to Michigan State(Magic Johnson). Finished 33-1.)
1976 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (finished regular season 28?0, won 3 more games in the NCAA Tournament to go to 31?0, but lost in the Final Four to Michigan and in the consolation game to UCLA)

1976 Indiana Hoosiers (32?0) ? NCAA champion

1975 Indiana Hoosiers (finished regular season 29?0, but lost to Kentucky in the Mideast Regional final)

So the last 5 all lost, and 6 of the last 7. The odds aren't good for Kentucky.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's essentially just saying it's really damn hard to win a championship. Being undefeated doesn't really have much to do with it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
True, the ncaa tournament is a total crapshoot. I think only one or twice in the past 20 years has the top #1 seed won it all, although Kentucky did ita couple years ago