College Basketball 2014-2015

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
God these refs are terrible. Every bit of contact in the post is called a defensive foul.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yay, we didn't get doubled-up again. Someone is going to drop Kentucky here, soon. They let us hang around for way too long, a good team will make them pay for that eventually.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The problem with that statement is that there are no good teams in the SEC other than KEntucky.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Louisville's (Pitino's) notorious January-funk that happens every year is now over (lost 3 games in a row during their Championship year in January for instance.)!
Time to play some real ball!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Amazing deficit win by Louisville over UNC. Down by 18, came back to win it by 10.

Then this... (at 32seconds; MONSTER TREZL DUNK)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm not one to complain too much about refs, but that game was simply not officiated the same at both ends of the court. Carolina had one player fouled out and four fouls on their other two post players at the end of regulation, and they started playing soft inside as a result. Louisville is slightly better as a team and I'd pick em to win on a neutral court, but they got some home cookin' today.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'm not one to complain too much about refs, but that game was simply not officiated the same at both ends of the court. Carolina had one player fouled out and four fouls on their other two post players at the end of regulation, and they started playing soft inside as a result. Louisville is slightly better as a team and I'd pick em to win on a neutral court, but they got some home cookin' today.
...UNC and Duke are known throughout the whole nation as the most favored teams by refs. We were even warned by other ACC teams to prepare for refs during Duke/UNC games. So a lot of pot/kettle if you want to make a fuss about officiating...

UNC lost due to their complete meltdown on offensive rebounds in the 2nd half. I think a lot of that has to do with the conditioning of the players. Pitino conditions his starters to be able to be able to play 35+ minutes, not a lot of other teams are. It seemed UNC players were getting exhausted half way through the 2nd

Royal

Carolina has traditionally been an inside team and have remained such even in the 3-point era. People complaining about foul call disparity often overlook the fact that when the ball goes to the interior on offense more defensive fouls are generally called as a result, meanwhile their teams are splitting their offense between more evenly between outside shooting and scoring on the inside and they get fewer fouls called in their favor over the course of a game. Carolina and Louisville were both playing pretty much to the interior on offense today.

Gonna sound like a complete homer, but I'd agree with that where Duke is concerned. They have traditionally excelled at drawing charges all over the court (hence their reputation for flopping) and K teaches his shooters kick their legs out into defenders to create contact while shooting. The number of fouls their opponents get called against them is crazy, given how much they rely on outside shooting.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Carolina has traditionally been an inside team and have remained such even in the 3-point era. People complaining about foul call disparity often overlook the fact that when the ball goes to the interior on offense more defensive fouls are generally called as a result, meanwhile their teams are splitting their offense between more evenly between outside shooting and scoring on the inside and they get fewer fouls called in their favor over the course of a game. Carolina and Louisville were both playing pretty much to the interior on offense today.

Gonna sound like a complete homer, but I'd agree with that where Duke is concerned. They have traditionally excelled at drawing charges all over the court (hence their reputation for flopping) and K teaches his shooters kick their legs out into defenders to create contact while shooting. The number of fouls their opponents get called against them is crazy, given how much they rely on outside shooting.
Neither of them compare to playing UK at "Corrupt Arena" though. You want to talk about constant charges and over-the-backs that never get called? Julius Randle last year would basically put his shoulder down and charge through players like he was playing football, and the defenders would get called.

So be glad you guys rarely play UK. You'd be pulling you hair out during those games (like I do).

Royal

We've played UK once a year for the past several seasons and we have a running home and away going forward.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I can barely watch CBB nowadays. I watched most of the UT/Auburn game today because it was Bruce's return but if it's not the officials it's the terrible play. No one runs a functional offense, if teams can't hit threes they can't score, and like you guys have said the college refs are a fucking travesty.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Neither of them compare to playing UK at "Corrupt Arena" though. You want to talk about constant charges and over-the-backs that never get called? Julius Randle last year would basically put his shoulder down and charge through players like he was playing football, and the defenders would get called.

So be glad you guys rarely play UK. You'd be pulling you hair out during those games (like I do).
Another crybaby UL fan making excuses for the Cards. I know loads of dickhead UK fans, and just as many idiot UL fans. Cal owns Rick, plain and simple. It was the refs that have made us 7-1 against you since Cal came right? It was refs in both NCAA tournament wins right? It was the refs everytime we beat you at the YUM right? Keep your excuses. I'm sorry it is so hard being the rival of one of the best basketball programs in the country.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Holy fuck, Cincinnati's offense is the most pathetic fucking thing I've ever seen. Allow an 11-0 run for fucking East Carolina to come back for a win. An 11-0 run that took 8:30. Yes, the Bearcats didn't make a single fucking basket in the final 8:30. And with UC getting the shaft after the Big East breakup, I don't see this team turning around. No promising recruit wants to come to such a shit conference. College sports fucking suck.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The NBA needs to step in and adopt the same ruleset as MLB. You either go pro right out of high school, or you're in college for 3 years minimum. Let the Lebron James and Kobe Bryants go pro, the truly elite can handle it. But one-and-dones are hurting both college, and the NBA. You used to have a lot of NBA fans that were fans of following their college players in the pros, now, nobody is in college long enough to really form any sort of attachment with fans. The NBA fan and the NCAA fan are slowly separating into two different groups of people with much less overlap that there used to be, which isn't good for either league.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yep. And if you're a player who decides to stay in school and then go pro, teams don't want you because you're "too old" now. It's silly.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, kids basically HAVE to go pro after their 1st or 2nd year whether they actually want to or not, otherwise everyone wonders what is wrong with them and their draft stock usually plummets.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
RIP Tark:

B9qyvW_IYAA01di.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So who is going to be the 3rd coach to drop after Dean and Tark? John Thompson? Lou Carnesecca? I'd like to wish for Dick Vitale, not that he was ever a good coach, but he was at least A coach, so he qualifies too.