College Basketball 2014-2015

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I hate to say it but Carnesecca looks like an animated corpse. He's one of the guys I miss seeing down courtside, loud sweaters and all. Maybe Ed Sabol fulfills the death-in-threes for significant sports figures.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Tough stretch recently but taking down Kansas is sweet. Seems like we have the ability to beat or lose embarrassingly to anyone. Should be fun once we get in the tourney.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got lucky at the end there. Ellis had an open layup on the last play and just plain missed it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Fuck Kansas.
tumblr_m53v71ltbc1qhbry5.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This is pretty interesting
What If Rival College Basketball Teams Used Their Best Players Of All Time? (Photos)

mocks up an all-time 5 man team per school, and faces them off against their main rival. Just looking at the teams overall, UCLA is an obvious beast, but Cal would be crazy with a 3-guard lineup of Kevin Johnson, Jason Kidd, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Georgetown would hold it's own with Mourning & Ewing in the front court, and Iverson at point(and going 1 step further, you'd have to assume Dikembe would be the 1st man off the bench to sub for Alonzo or Patrick.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Surprised the Cincinnati team doesn't have Jack Twyman on it. He's probably the second best player to come out of UC after Big O.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
South Carolina was the first team full of starters I didn't recognize. And sorry joeboo, almost didn't recognize any of your tigers if it wasn't for kareem rush.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The Mizzou team is a joke, it's missing our top 3 scorers of all time

Anthony Peeler(13 years in NBA)
Larry Drew(10 year NBA career, and NBA head coach)
Derrick Chievous(our all-time leading scorer with like 2600 pts, only behind Danny Manning and Waymon Tisdale on all-time big 8 conference scoring, but was only in the NBA a few years).

I didn't see any other teams with as many glaringly obvious omissions as Missouri(although I'm sure there are some)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This year, for sure. That's what 3 straight years of no recruits gets you (Thanks Mike Anderson and Frank Haith!) We have 1 player on our current roster from the recruiting classes of 2010, 2011, and 2012. Mike Anderson stopped recruiting his last year at Mizzou, he knew he was leaving for Arkansas, so that was an empty class. Haith had to scramble when he came in so he pulled in a bunch of transfers and community college kids that only had 1 or 2 years of eligibility left, and now here we are. Kentucky has more juniors and seniors on their team than we do, and we aren't getting 1-and-done Freshman talent to offset that. We need kids that develop over 3-4 years and turn into solid uperclassmen.

Anderson was a hunk of shit at recruiting anyways, the only decent players he ever got were either relatives, or the kids of former players/coaches he worked with (Demarre Carrol was a nephew, Phil Pressey was his godson). Anderson let Otto Porter and Bradley Beal leave the state of Missoui without ever even making a single phone call to the kids. Otto Porter grew up in a small MO town as a HUGE mizzou fan, both his parents are Mizzou alumns, but Anderson wouldn't even return a phone call(he knew he was leaving Mizzou), so Otto left and went to Georgetown.

We got fucked hard by our last two sheister/smoke&mirrors coaches, our new coach is basically building a program from scratch, there was nothing left here when he arrived.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You guys not being in the Big 12 is so weird to me. You weren't a great team when I was at Iowa State. That was the end of Snyder and the beginning of Anderson. But I will say there were players from those teams I'm happy to say that I got to watch live. Paulding, Kleiza and Gardner specifically.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
FWIW, Iowa St was always my least hated team in the Big 8/12(I was at Mizzou during the last year of the Big 8 and first year of Big 12). Fuck kansas, kinda fuck k-state(but sometimes they're bearable because they hate kansas too), nebraska has the douchiest fans on earth, the Oklahoma schools are both dirty, cheating bastards and then no one liked the Texas schools when they all joined. But Iowa State...you're cool.

Also, we didn't mean to get your coach fired when he partied it up at a fraternity on our campus. Sorry about that. (guy I know was in that Frat, and at that party. Said Eustachy was really nice, lol.)
Eustachy_kissing.jpg

larry_eustachy_2.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The old late 80's/early 90's Big 8 had some great basketball. ESPN was just starting to earn it's stripes and would show conference games outside of their geographical footprint. Norm Stewart's Missouri teams, Billy Tubbs's Oklahoma, Roy at Kansas, and Eddie Sutton resurrecting himself at Oklahoma State. That was a damn good time to be a fan of college basketball back then. It's been missed.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
FWIW, Iowa St was always my least hated team in the Big 8/12(I was at Mizzou during the last year of the Big 8 and first year of Big 12). Fuck kansas, kinda fuck k-state(but sometimes they're bearable because they hate kansas too), nebraska has the douchiest fans on earth, the Oklahoma schools are both dirty, cheating bastards and then no one liked the Texas schools when they all joined. But Iowa State...you're cool.

Also, we didn't mean to get your coach fired when he partied it up at a fraternity on our campus. Sorry about that. (guy I know was in that Frat, and at that party. Said Eustachy was really nice, lol.)
Eustachy_kissing.jpg

larry_eustachy_2.jpg
Yeah. That was my freshman year. I remember defending Larry back then but can now realize how that wasn't really something appropriate for a coach or for someone to think they might possibly recover from.

Personally, I think Colorado had the worst fans in the Big 12.