College Basketball 2014-2015

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Iowa state going to need quite a bit of help in order to have a shot at the regular season title after today

They have to beat Oklahoma and TCU, have KU lose to WVU at Lawrence, and then KU lose to Oklahoma at Norman.

That would put them in a tie with at least Oklahoma and KU, and likely WVU as well.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
KState makes no sense at all. They've beaten #12, #8, #17, #22, and #16, yet they've lost to the likes of TCU, Texas Tech, Texas Southern, Georgia, & Long Beach State.

meanwhile, kansas is going to win their billionth big 12 title in a row, which is a bit of a crock, because they've shared the title almost as often as they've won it outright during the streak, and even shared it with teams that they lost to head-to-head in the regular season, but the big 12 doesn't use tie breakers at all, which we all know very well from football season(TCU & Baylor)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Not unless you guys win a few games in a row and get to the SEC tournament championship game. You're going to have to get to about 22 or 23 wins to get in. Mediocre teams from average basketball conferences don't make the cut. A 20-10ish team with a tougher schedule from a tougher conference will get in instead.

Georgia hasn't beaten a ranked team all year, they are well outside the bubble, looking in at this point

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lunardi has the dawgs in as an 8 seed bro. He is of course never wrong. And definitely not a douchebag.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Meh, it's going to be really close by the time the season is over. Georgia, LSU, and Ole Miss are all tied for 4th in the SEC, but Georgia still has 1 more game against Kentucky left, so theres a 99% chance at a loss. LSU still has to play @Arkansas, so that's probably a loss as well. So Georgia/LSU probably end up as the 5th/6th place teams in a tie(and Georgia lost the head-to-head), and Lunardi has the SEC getting 6 teams in. All it's going to take is a couple teams winning their conference tournament that shouldn't and getting automatic byes and the SEC could only get 5 teams in, and the most probably team to be in that 6th spot is Georgia.

When all of those bubble teams are lined up and looked at impartially, Georgia is going to have one of the worst resumes of any of them. Zero wins vs top 25 is bad. Of course, they could go ahead and beat Kentucky this week and punch their ticket
smile.png

Sure, if the season ended today and nobody played their conference tournaments, Georgia would get in. Over the next 2 weeks though, their odds of getting in are going to get worse and worse as spots for bubble teams shrink. That's why I think Georgia HAS to win 1 game in the SEC tournament, if not 2 or more to have a decent chance of getting in. If they drop their 1st game in the SEC Tourney, they are done for sure, they would have lost 2 of their last 3 at that point, from here on out.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think that's pretty straightforward. All "braketology" is done assuming the season ended today. That's unrealistic and that's why Georgia is in right now. Come selection Sunday they won't be, which is what I've been saying all along.

Don't pretend that you even care about basketball, no one in the SEC does outside of Kentucky. Basketball is all we had at Mizzou the majority of my life (until Football finally got its shit together in the past 10 years)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Loving the epic OU collapse.
While I do love to see Oklahoma lose, at anything possible, they were the best chance of keeping kansas from repeating as B12 champs, so I'm a little torn with my emotions here. I feel like I'm trying to decide between Sandusky and Hitler here.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
While I do love to see Oklahoma lose, at anything possible, they were the best chance of keeping kansas from repeating as B12 champs, so I'm a little torn with my emotions here. I feel like I'm trying to decide between Sandusky and Hitler here.
You will eventually get over KU dominating you for decades.

Now Kentucky will do it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm not going to claim that it's really even close, but Missouri does have the distinction of accounting for over 10% of all the losses in the history of kansas basketball. 95 of their 812 losses.

kansas win % vs Mizzou = 64%
kansas win % vs the rest of the NCAA = 73%

kansas's lowest win% against any current or former Big 6/8/12 member. Yeehaw!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya I'm just giving you shit really. KU isn't even that good this year, probably the worst team they've had in a few years

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If Perry Ellis damaged his knee then KU won't make it past the first weekend in the ncaa tournament. Fucking same as last year where Embiid was out for the tournament

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You're definitely not going to get fair calls from B12 refs when playing @ kansas, especially in OT. The league has to protect the sacred cow. The Big 12 as a league cares about 2 things, and 2 things only. Texas football and kansas basketball.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I bet if you actually tallied up the bad calls against both teams it would be pretty even, like it almost always is when teams have similar offensive styles.

Going 0/15 from 3 pt and still winning is ridiculous, they will lose 9/10 games of they keep doing that. Most of them were pretty open even, was the worst shooting by them all season. The 3 ball was the one bright spot this year compared to last.

Would trade the win for Perry Ellis not being out for a long period in a heart beat.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Perry Ellis looks like he's 45. I don't really have much else against him. Seems like an easy guy to root for. Still though, fuck Kansas.

I don't ever pay a ton of attention to the B12 standings. Kansas wins most years. We won the tournament last year though. That was cool.