College Basketball 2017-2018 Season

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Posting this because I'm looking for help finding a presale code for the PAC-12 basketball tournament in Vegas.

Also: basketball!

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Thank fucking god basketball Season is here! I can't deal with this shit ass Football team.

uconn_athletics_wordmarks.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
When does that NCAA investigation stop? Is it too late to submit this as reason for punishment?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Arizona says hi.

18j51y1a82zcfjpg.jpg

Would love to see an Ayton-Bagley matchup come tournament time.

Yeah, I'm glad Miller kept Zona flying after Olson. Landscape wouldn't have been the same without them. We just need to keep feeding Coack K young virgins for the next 30 years and i'm good.

• 1Worf

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I love Coach K, but Grayson can fucking suck a dick and die.

• 1Worf

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How the fuck are you a Duke fan. Do you use a special kind of cleanser to get the slime off

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Crosstown Shootout tipping off tomorrow at 9am is bullshit. This should be a be primetime ESPN game.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My alma mater beat LSU today, first time SFA has beat a SEC team lol. Good job LSU.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno How URI is considered only a 9 seed by Lunardi and others, They have no loses vs non projected a large tourney teams, beat the #5 team in the nation in RPI with Seton Hall, Beat Providence who just beat a Xavier team ranked in the top % RPI. The other two loses are #2 Virginia and 33 Alabama, (both away form home)

RPI has them as top a tem 20 in the nation and have not a single bad or even mediocre loss.. IF they Dominate the A-10 like expected ( And they will, St Bonaventure will need to have a perfect game to win in either game. so I expect URI to have no more then 5-6 losses on the year in total). I don't know how the should not be expected to be a 4 or 5 seed.

I mean this is not a Wichita State situation, A-10 is a real conference.. That's gotten 6 bid some years... and always gets multiple bids... not a glorified 1-AA conference...

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My team, The Campbell Camels, are doing pretty good so far this year. Their star PG, Chris Clemons, is top 5 in scoring in NCAA division 1. He's only 5'9'' but finds ways to create. Tonight he shot 69% from the field on 16 tries. Sunday he hit a game winning 3 at the buzzer for the 2nd time in 8 or 9 days (nobody does Math in NC when it comes to these things). Tonight he and his teammate hit 10 3's a piece on 66% from the field. The Camels broke the Big South Record for 23 3's in a game. Doesn't seem like that much in the Curry age of basketball but I'm pretty happy about it.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
OTL: Spartan secrets extend far beyond Larry Nassar

Outside the Lines also has obtained never-before-publicized reports of sexual or violent incidents involving members of Izzo's storied basketball program, including one report made against a former undergraduate student-assistant coach who was allowed to continue coaching after he had been criminally charged for punching a female MSU student in the face at a bar in 2010. A few months later, after the Spartans qualified for the 2010 Final Four, the same assistant coach was accused of sexually assaulting a different female student.

So when does Izzo get run out of college basketball? Or is that just for football coaches?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can anyone attempt to explain who Wichita state is ranked higher then URI?

I mean they were 16 before todays loss to a team that's barely above 500. URi is 22 only has 3 losses all without their best player and best big man, all of the to top 25 teams, all of those loses being away of neutral courts including neutral court loss to Virginia. Besides that they are undefeated in the a10 and have beaten Seton Hall and Providence. Both better win the any WSUU has.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
URI at it's highest Rankings ever this week. #6 In RPI and 18 in the AP top 25. After beating down VCU and UMASS on the Road. Our only game this week is Davidson at a home game I will be attending. We are 19-3 with al our losses on the road to teams like Virginia, and Alabama despite our best player and bet big a being injured.

I' calling it right now, We are undefeated in the A-10 Top 5 non conference SOS. URI is a team everyone should be choosing to go far in your beckets this year. We have 3 legit all A10 Shooting guads who wee top 100 prospect coming out of HS, all of them seniors + 3 other guards who would stat on most p5 teas. Our bet big man is just getting Healthy and killed VCU with 12p 18eb in 20m or so. Add to that a talented scoring big man and we are a legit top 10 team in the country imo.

If we win out anything less then 3 seed would be insane

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Also going to post about my excitement with my alma mater. This is the best Cincinnati has looked since Kenyon Martin was on the team. The defense has been there for years, but now we can actually score points. It's been great to watch. These next three games @SMU, @HOU, and Wichita State will be quite a gauntlet but if we win all three I don't think we'll lose another game heading into the tourney.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Duke and Carolina played tonight and once again it went as most folks thought it wouldn't. Carolina wins. I think it's the greatest rivalry in all of sports.

2 schools separated by 8 miles. 50 wins and 50 losses each in exactly 100 meetings (until tonight). Over 15,500 points scored during those 100 meetings and still only a 2-point difference in 100 games (7,767 to 7,765). After the game tonight, that point difference still remains 2 points but sways in UNC's favor now. Don't get any better.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also going to post about my excitement with my alma mater. This is the best Cincinnati has looked since Kenyon Martin was on the team. The defense has been there for years, but now we can actually score points. It's been great to watch. These next three games @SMU, @HOU, and Wichita State will be quite a gauntlet but if we win all three I don't think we'll lose another game heading into the tourney.

I hope you guys beat Witchita state, I don't think they are nearly as good as the pollsters think and it's unbelievable it took them until this week to rank URI above them.

Right now Cinci and URI will be tied for the top winning streak in mens BB once we win over Richmond tonight.. I would not be surprised if we have a rematch of last years game in the second round as the poll makers are unlikely imo to give either school a 2 seed even if we win out, and being 4-5 or 3-6 in the same pod would not be shocking. The AAC and A10 are both down this year so we are unlikely to get a ton of credit for perfect conference records.

Edit: And of course Cinci loses to Houston, sorry Alex for jinxing you guys! hopefully URI can hang on at St Bonaventure tonight and Cinci beats Witchita!

Last edited: