College Football 2015-16

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Thought Tejas would keep it respectable but last night was shocking. How long does Strong have to prove he is a good coach without teddy bridgewater?
I moreso dont think Strong is a bad coach. The issue is he is having to clean play cleanup of the shitshow that was Texas football where you have players doing absolutely nothing academically and doing some questionable (illegal) things without repercussions. Texas players previously could murder someone and the university would sweep in under the rug. So having a coach come in and clean up and actually try to instill some ethics into the program definitely has growing pains. However, I do not think the boosters give two-shits about cleaning up the program, they just want to win at all cost, so he'll be gone shortly.

darkko_sl

shitlord
I liked this Penn State fun fact: Penn State gave up the most sacks in P5 last year with 44. They are currently on pace for 120.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Was so glad to be at work and couldn't watch the game. The OC and OL coach are just so damn bad.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Man, i gotta say, after last nights showing, I am a bit worried about State. I really hope they were playing close to the chest in order to keep LSU from seeing everything. I'm also scared and excited about the fact we get a freshman QB in his first start(Thanks mother nature) against LSU, because if one thing looked even halfway decent, it was our run defense, so we may be able to slow down Fournette. Next week gonna be fun!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just have your team play some of the opening games teams that the SEC have. Western Kentucky, Louisiana Monroe, Tennessee-Martin, UTEP, Southeast Missouri State, Louisiana Lafayette, New Mexico State, and McNeese State. I guess I could throw in Southern Mississippi and Bowling Green also, but more than 50 people have heard of those teams. So laughable. At least Auburn, A&M and Alabama played good programs.
Hey now, I personal witnessed UL-Monroe beat Alabama @ Alabama in Sabans first year. First and last Alabama game I've ever attended

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I moreso dont think Strong is a bad coach. The issue is he is having to clean play cleanup of the shitshow that was Texas football where you have players doing absolutely nothing academically and doing some questionable (illegal) things without repercussions. Texas players previously could murder someone and the university would sweep in under the rug. So having a coach come in and clean up and actually try to instill some ethics into the program definitely has growing pains. However, I do not think the boosters give two-shits about cleaning up the program, they just want to win at all cost, so he'll be gone shortly.
Swing and a miss. This is a poorly coached team, especially on offense. It has nothing to do with the clean up.

Watson is a joke and Strong doesn't care about coaching offense.

Texas is very image conscious. Win at all costs isn't a thing here (obviously, year 6 of sucking underway with not much light in sight).

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Swing and a miss. This is a poorly coached team, especially on offense. It has nothing to do with the clean up.

Watson is a joke and Strong doesn't care about coaching offense.

Texas is very image conscious. Win at all costs isn't a thing here (obviously, year 6 of sucking underway with not much light in sight).
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... 20 months go by so fast these days.

Let's be real, if you look at the big program hires,Strong is one of best. His resume is better than the resumes of Hoke, Muschamp, Stoops, Carrol, Brown, Saban at LSU, Meyer at Florida, Sweatervest, and Sark when they were all hired. Saban at Bama and Meyer at OSU are the only ones that has clearly accomplished more at their date of hire.

It just feels like Texas, will ask the money and power could have pulled an internet shattering name. Maybe it wasn't realistic. I don't think Texas tried to go after a ridiculous name other than Saban.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... 20 months go by so fast these days.
Both those posts are true. Work on your reading comprehension, context is important. Try again.

It is cute you went to a different thread and 20 months back looking for a post of mine to pull out of context. Or actually, that is sad.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I agree. Strong looked like a solid hire back then. Oh, how things change in 20 months.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
NCAA investigation incoming...

LOOK: Virginia Tech's RB wears a gold watch while playing Ohio State - CBSSports.com

tumblr_nuc24ehzkn1uso5gio1_1280.png

Yes, it's a Rolex

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After the first quarter I walked downstairs to inform my wife how much I hate college football because it is always one-sided and you know the outcome of the game before it is even played. Then the second quarter happens and I look like an idiot. Looks like I'll be staying up late tonight to watch this one out.