College Football 2015-16

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Not one post on the initial playoff selection? I'll assume just like mine everyone's eyes rolled outta their head when they saw Alabama in the top 4.
I chuckled mightily at a 1 loss Alabama AND 1-loss Notre Dame being ranked above undefeated Baylor and TCU. Big12 needs to disband.

This weekend is Clemson's entire season vs. Florida St. They've got a bunch of nobodies to play after this weekend, 3 teams that are all 3-5 or worse

I could also see a scenario where LSU loses this weekend to Alabama, but only drops to like 8th or 9th, and then sneaks back into the top 4 by the end of the year.
TCU and Baylor have to play each other, the loser drops under LSU
OSU and Mich St have to play, loser drops under LSU
Iowa would have to face winner of Mich St/Ohio St game in the Big10 title game, theres another undefeated team taking a loss and dropping.

We could very well end up with a top 4 at the end of the season of Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St, LSU. I think a 1-loss LSU could realistically make it back into the playoff over an undefeated Iowa St(Big 10 champ), or an undefeated Big12 champ(especially if it ends up being Okie St)

What the Big 12 doesn't realize(especially without a championship game to get another quality win) is that back-loading their schedule so that Baylor and TCU don't play each other, or Oklahoma/Oklahoma St until the end of the season is they are leaving NO room for anyone to work their way back up the polls with a loss. They'll never get a 1-loss team into the playoff with that kind of scheduling, and also lend themselves to an undefeated team being questionable against great 1-loss teams from other conferences.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Rankings are a total joke. Bama above so many undefeated teams. It was a political move to ensure that the SEC isn't left out of the playoff.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Watch, if Alabama loses to LSU they will get the opportunity to still make the playoffs.

Borzak

Last game as coach at LSU lol.

CS8Qe9aUsAAFhKa

Borzak

Rankings are a total joke. Bama above so many undefeated teams. It was a political move to ensure that the SEC isn't left out of the playoff.
Bama has 1 win over a top 25 team. They have a loss against a #18 team at home and are ahead of Florida which lost to the #2 team on the road.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
As a huge Iowa fan, it boggles a lot of us here in Iowa City that the Hawks are doing as good as they are. I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and we lose to Indiana this weekend.

But, it sure fun being here for now.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not one post on the initial playoff selection? I'll assume just like mine everyone's eyes rolled outta their head when they saw Alabama in the top 4.
This will always be a joke as long as people are deciding who places where based on feels.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wvu Women's Volleyball team is solid and can go all the way.
Nah bro.

Our rifle team would fuck some shit up if Morgantown got invaded though!!

We have won like 17 national championships and all other schools combined have 19 or something. Given our mascot, it is fitting I guess~

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol I actually was looking for the top teams like Razorbacks are best at track. Rifle sounds better.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Auburn's Swimming and Diving team is pretty baller, I'm thinking about getting a 2016 calendar.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Notre Dame has one loss to the #1 team and it was close. Plus they are riddled with injuries. It would be interesting to see what they would be like with all their players.

I don't think they're #5 good, but I think they deserve a playoff at this point. In any case, everything can change in a single week, has their closing game at Stanford, and it has me nervous.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just wish they would stop this nonsense and announce an 8 team playoff already.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
LSU has a great mens and womens track team with a lot of national championships between them. For a while they won 11 team national championships in a row. They actually draw a pretty decent crowd.

Just recently found out LSU ha both a mens and womens lacrosse team. Ok then.

Found this one too which was new to me.

Great America Rifle Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is almost as interesting as the time you talked about baseball in the football thread.