College Football 2017-2018 Season

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>

Alabama may make it in, but losing to a two loss team by double digits (and looking inept while doing it) and not playing for the conference championship is a good argument to leave them out if there are other teams with better resumes and a conference championship.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wisconsin is proof you dont have to beat anyone, so might as well let UCF in too

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I don’t give a fuck what Alabama does unless it involves getting curb stomped by Auburn. You’re a confused individual.

Well alright. Your hate doesn't run as deep as what I'm used to. The schools I hate, I HATE. Same is usually true from the Alabama guys towards auburn. Been a few years since I was big into football tho, and people tend to chill out with age. If everyone at ole Miss died, as long as there was no ecological damage, I'd be ok with that.

You guys think it's a certainty Alabama gets in? I'm thinking 50/50 at best. Prolly closer to 30%? Maybe 20? Are the odds out on it yet?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Sumlin out
Butch out and Schiano in for Vols
Mora out and Chip Kelly to UCLA
Dan Mullen supposedly to Florida

Crazy season

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well alright. Your hate doesn't run as deep as what I'm used to. The schools I hate, I HATE. Same is usually true from the Alabama guys towards auburn. Been a few years since I was big into football tho, and people tend to chill out with age. If everyone at ole Miss died, as long as there was no ecological damage, I'd be ok with that.

You guys think it's a certainty Alabama gets in? I'm thinking 50/50 at best. Prolly closer to 30%? Maybe 20? Are the odds out on it yet?

Oh, don’t misunderstand me. I’ll go for ISIS before I go for Alabama. I wouldn’t date a chick that went to or supported Alabama. But when it comes down to it, week to week, it is Auburn’s job to get Ws and short of the Iron Bowl what Bama does isn’t relevant to me.

4ee7f15b2fe638708168768bb2b09130--mad-men-quotes-tv-quotes.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
They just tried to hire Greg Schiano and the fan base said "nooooope" and put a goddamn stop to it. Fucking imbeciles. We may suck on the field but we're not getting even tangentially associated with that Penn State nonsense.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They just tried to hire Greg Schiano and the fan base said "nooooope" and put a goddamn stop to it. Fucking imbeciles. We may suck on the field but we're not getting even tangentially associated with that Penn State nonsense.

Hahahahahaha.

Tennessee fans are hilarious.

• 1Solidarity

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Keep reading reports that Schiano might be owed 20m since a contract was signed? Lol if true.

I think Bama gets in if OSU beats Wisconsin next week.

• 1Worf

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

If Gruden had been at PSU during that time frame and he was signing with the Vols none of you would have said shit. This was purely a temper tantrum from a misguided fan base that still thinks Vol football isn't irrelevant when it comes to being a good program and that you guys actually have the pull to get someone better then Schiano. No coach worth a damn thing is going to even want to look at the job after the mob rule they just saw.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
If Gruden had been at PSU during that time frame and he was signing with the Vols none of you would have said shit. This was purely a temper tantrum from a misguided fan base that still thinks Vol football isn't irrelevant when it comes to being a good program and that you guys actually have the pull to get someone better then Schiano. No coach worth a damn thing is going to even want to look at the job after the mob rule they just saw.

It is sad and hilarious. They haven't had a good team since right after Manning? Guy's retired from the NFL but Tennessee still thinks they are a quality program. Hell, Miami's been relevant since UT and we were desperate as fuck to land a solid coach. There's no Saban sitting around waiting for UT lol.

• 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
It is sad and hilarious. They haven't had a good team since right after Manning? Guy's retired from the NFL but Tennessee still thinks they are a quality program. Hell, Miami's been relevant since UT and we were desperate as fuck to land a solid coach. There's no Saban sitting around waiting for UT lol.

They are 2-4 against Vandy over their last six games. I think that pretty much sums up the state of Tennessee Volunteer football.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Bama is #5 now. Whoever loses the SEC championship is going to be below them, I would guess. So that alone probably gives them a good shot. If Clemson beats Miami, I think Alabama is almost certain to get in. If Miami beats Clemson, I could also see Clemson dropping out. I don't know, it's hard to say. Alabama's opponents haven't been very impressive.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought you meant your retarded fanbase when you said "fucking imbeciles", then you made it clear.

Dumb fucking Vol fans lulz

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Bama is #5 now. Whoever loses the SEC championship is going to be below them, I would guess. So that alone probably gives them a good shot. If Clemson beats Miami, I think Alabama is almost certain to get in. If Miami beats Clemson, I could also see Clemson dropping out. I don't know, it's hard to say. Alabama's opponents haven't been very impressive.

If Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn, and Wisconsin win then they are in. If Georgia beats Auburn the they will be in. Alabama only gets in if Wisconsin loses and Auburn wins. Miami winning also helps them but they need the first two to happen to have a shot. Must be really fun to be rooting for Ohio State and Auburn as a Tide fan. The true Chaos is if Georgia wins, Oklahoma loses, and Miami wins then Ohio State will probably get in if they smash Wisconsin with Bama or TCU as an outside shot.

So realistically we have one of three outcomes on the table

Clemson/Auburn/Wisconsin/Oklahoma
Auburn/Alabama/Clemson/Oklahoma
Georgia/Ohio State/Miami/No clue who the fuck ends up here (TCU/BAMA)

Last edited:

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure why we would need Auburn to win - really just need Wisconsin to lose, or Oklahoma, and then for the committee to decide who goes. Not saying they'd put us in, but that's our best chance.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Because you guys have played literally nobody outside of Auburn and you lost to them so if your best win is LSU then it leaves you guys out in the cold. Of course if Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Clemson all lose then you guys would be in because their really isn't anybody else but I already covered that. If Wisconsin loses and Georgia wins then it would be Georgia gets in, then you have to pick between Miami (who has a better resume), Auburn who smashed you straight up, and Bama. Unless we see some pedigree bias showing big time I don't see bama getting in over Miami (unless they get routed) let alone Auburn. I mean of course fuckery could win out and Bama gets in but they already made that mistake with Ohio State last year. You guys are just finally feeling the effects of the SEC being overall down the last couple of years and scheduling absolutely nobody outside of conference.

edit: Simple way to look at it is Auburn winning + an oklahoma (unlikely) or Wisconsin loss means your only loss was to a playoff team. So you get the vacant spot.

Last edited:
  • 1Like