College Football 2017-2018 Season

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
So the two biggest scumbag cheater coaches in the country, Saban and Meyer, get to go at it to see who gets into the playoff. I wonder who has deeper pockets for the playoff committee?

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
OSU has the far better resume. I think they squeak in. Honestly, Clemson will probably demolish either one so it doesn't matter much. The other game(and the championship), will be much more fun. I can't wait to see OU and UGA battle it out.

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
As a Buckeye fan, I'm conflicted.

I despise Alabama and Saban, so them not making the playoff would be sweet in and of itself, plus, games have to be played on the field and Ohio State beating Clemson wouldn't be the strangest thing that happened this season.

On the other hand, it's more probable than not that if OSU did play Clemson, it'd be a repeat of last year's shutout and sooner or later, embarrassing losses will result in a deserving team with a legitimate at winning it all not getting in because of past debacles.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How the top 4 should be:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Fuck you Alabama, beat at least ONE top-10 team before you talk about "deserving" a spot in the CFP.

How the top 4 will be because the CFP is the biggest joke in athletics:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Fuck you Big 10, your conference is so shit that your champion means nothing to us.... NOTHING!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Every argument they just made for Alabama applies better to Wisconsin.

Only one loss
Lost to a higher ranked team
Quality of wins are on par

If these reasons are clear, how is Wisconsin at 6 instead of 5?

Also, it has now been proven that conference championships and strength of schedule are worthless to the committee. All that matters is winning games.

Fuck this committee.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WOW..they gave it to Alabama. That sends a large message that conference championships mean squat.

A LOT of people are going to be pissed if this becomes an SEC championship.

Incoming top 8 which is what it should have been to begin with.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe if the B1G could score a point in the playoffs over two years, Ohio State would get in. Or not getting blown out by Iowa.

Put UCF in.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IF, and that is a large if, Georgia and Alabama make it to the championship, you will see a quarter final system get created. They should have just done that to begin with but I guess they thought that 4 would be good enough. Looking forward to watching UGA take on Oklahoma for the first time ever. That should be an awesome game to watch. The Clemson/Alabama threematch should also be good to watch though I have to give Clemson the edge on that game. They really are a great team but it will not come easy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
How the top 4 should be:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Fuck you Alabama, beat at least ONE top-10 team before you talk about "deserving" a spot in the CFP.

How the top 4 will be because the CFP is the biggest joke in athletics:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Fuck you Big 10, your conference is so shit that your champion means nothing to us.... NOTHING!

Nailed it. Two fucking SEC teams being given in the top 4 is fucking delusional. Bama is 3rd in their fucking league and gets in over a ton of teams (including two conference champs) that didn't play fucking get Mercer.

At least they got theverything top 3 right because those dropped in their lap.

Hey @Boostinks, I'm already excited for the first OU/UGA match up ever!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Wisconsin had to shit it all up by not winning yesterday. If they had won there would have been zero argument over the top 4.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If this leads to calls for an eight game playoffs, it's worth it.

• 2Solidarity

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Not mad they didn’t put OSU into the playoff this year. Can’t lose to fucking Iowa by 31 and expect anything good. Pretty excited for the Cotton Bowl against USC though! Just don’t injure future Browns QB Sam Darnold please and thank you.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Not mad they didn’t put OSU into the playoff this year. Can’t lose to fucking Iowa by 31 and expect anything good. Pretty excited for the Cotton Bowl against USC though! Just don’t injure future Browns QB Sam Darnold please and thank you.

Your conference gets less respect than the Big 12. Let that sink in for a minute.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
As an OSU fan, after the initial knee jerk rage wore off I am actually quite happy with the results. Clemson is a monster right now. JT barret can't beat clemson. He is far far too inconsistent. I think USC will be an excellent game for us to play, and I think we come out on top. Clemson imo beats alabama, and I think its going to be a Clemson / Oklahoma shoot out.

I think this clearly paves the way for an 8 team tourney.

You get P5 Champs - No questions
2 ( current Alabama teams i.e may not have won conference but Strong SoS / Wins / Minimal losses etc )
1 UCF or Boise State of a few years ago -- You know the team that will find out quick they didn't belong and should have been super happy with a consolation bowl for a great year.

Everyone ( lol not everyone ) should be happy with that.

Sterling

El Presidente
As an OSU fan, after the initial knee jerk rage wore off I am actually quite happy with the results. Clemson is a monster right now. JT barret can't beat clemson. He is far far too inconsistent. I think USC will be an excellent game for us to play, and I think we come out on top. Clemson imo beats alabama, and I think its going to be a Clemson / Oklahoma shoot out.

I think this clearly paves the way for an 8 team tourney.

You get P5 Champs - No questions
2 ( current Alabama teams i.e may not have won conference but Strong SoS / Wins / Minimal losses etc )
1 UCF or Boise State of a few years ago -- You know the team that will find out quick they didn't belong and should have been super happy with a consolation bowl for a great year.

Everyone ( lol not everyone ) should be happy with that.
People will still bitch about the last couple spots. But it's better to have controversy over 7th to 10th rankings than 4th/5th or 2nd/3rd.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Cutler

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate the popularity contest that college football is. Yes, the CFP is great step towards not being one, but it's obvious the thing still needs some work. Now, here's the thing. The best thing about College football is it's the only sport where the regular season really truly matters. This is why having an 8 team playoff would be a joke to me. The conference championship games are the defacto first round, and in my opinion they need to tweak the system to make that even more solidified, not delude the regular season even more by including teams that were in essence eliminated weeks ago.

This year the top 8 is a good one... but 2 of the bottom 4 were the losers of Saturday's games. So it'd just be a repeat of the round that just took place two days ago... So why play your starters in the championship game? Rest them for when the real thing happens in three weeks against a non conference foe on a neutral field? With over 130 teams, 64 of which are vying for 4 spots, it is mathematically impossible to truly determine a completely objective ranking list of teams since most of them will never ever see each other on the field. So as I said a few pages ago, it just flat out needs to be just the champions of the conferences. If they need to include a mid major, then make the pool 6 teams and the highest mid major champ makes it in and plays a play in round with the 3 seed while 4 and 5 duke it out. But bottom line, the final four needs to be people who actually survived and advanced.

To me, this is like a basketball team getting the overall number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, and losing in the sweet 16. Only to be put back into another bracket, replacing the 5 seed that ran the tables and made the final 4. Yes the 1 seed is the better team, hands down, but they lost, plain and simple.

Staying on the basketball theme, while I love March Madness and it's a fun spectacle to watch for sure. The one thing it absolutely does is it really makes the regular season not mean shit since you basically just need to go .500 in your conference to make it in. I feel the same way with the pros. Although the opposite happened a few years ago when a sub .500 Seattle made the playoffs, simply because they won their division. They got home field advantage as well over a New Orleans team that had a much better record... and won. What little integrity the NFL had was kept in tact because of that.

All this move did was make sure that no one plays a quality opponent in non conference, and if they expand, I'd even say that no one will really put their starters on the field for a conference championship game either.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard