College Football 2018-2019 Season

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SEC teams only lose when they don’t care. Typical weak excuse bullshit from overrated garbage. You got manhandled for 4 quarters. Take the loss pussy.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You sound like a nerd that has never competed in anything.

To think a team that spent the entire year working for a national title, then lost a game that guts them emotionally and destroyed then chances at the thing they were after, would have no effect on 18-22 year olds...

That's some good ole UT Austin education.

Bowl games are about 90% who wants it more. School pride, being part of a team, etc, those are white people things from long ago and have little to no impact on bowl games today.

It's why I bet underdogs on bowl games to pay for Christmas.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1546444334237.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You sound like a nerd that has never competed in anything.

Bowl games are about 90% who wants it more. School pride, being part of a team, etc, those are white people things from long ago and have little to no impact on bowl games today.

It's why I bet underdogs on bowl games to pay for Christmas.

• 1EyeRoll

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
It’s times like these I miss Whatsa and Ham’s input to the thread.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holgorsen is now at Houston, couldnt hack it in the B12 I guess. Nobody from any national media source understands the move unless its about going back to Texas because word was he didnt like the weather/cold etc in Morgantown. Other than that, doesnt make sense.

Word is we are looking at Luke Fickell, the previous Ohio State coach and current head coach at Cincinatti. Idk much about him, they just went 11-2 and beat VT but whoever it is I hope can get back to coaching actual defense.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I want to say that UGA actually sucks and that we were shown by Texas how awful we can be.

On the other hand, I have to wonder in the back of my mind how much the players really gave a true shit about that game. UGA looked so bad that it looked fake. Yes winning a bowl game matters but I understand players not going 100% in a game that brings home another pretty piece of metal and plastic. In the long run, the game means...........nothing. We lost to Alabama. That was the game that Showed UGA where they stood. That was the game that counted.

I hate Bowl games when not part of a playoff system. They exist purely for money reasons and risk injury to a player. I want the players to be healthy when it counts. We have a division playoff and we have a top 4 Bowl series. Take the series to a top 8 and be done with the Bowl games.

Congratulations Texas. I presume based around how this performance has been read, that we will see you guys in the top 4 next year. Right???

Going to side with Foggy on this one. So tired of the <insert sec team doesn't care> when they get handled in a bowl game. You think Ohio State wanted to be playing a shitty PAC 12 team in the Rose Bowl this year? But they went out and took care of business in convincing fashion. Alabama has been carrying your conference for the better part of a decade. The difference between Bama and the rest of your overrated programs is that Bama doesn't have the let downs because Saban would sacrifice his whole team to the dark lord if they did.

For Georgia in particular I don't see where they get off pretending like they are relevant anyway. Their biggest claim to modern fame is losing to Alabama a couple of times. The "dawgs' haven't won a title in 40 years, hell their nerd of a little brother Tech has won a National Championship more recently.

Having said that until Saban retires the CFP is going to be looking a lot like the modern NBA. Alabama and Clemson with legit shots at winning the whole thing while the rest of the field is competing for New years bowls. Would be hilarious if Dabo came running when mama calls after the Saban retirement. The Tide would never stop rolling.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't really care about this Georgia argument or the SEC in general but one thing people overlook is that a lot of the times when people start comparing conferences because of bowls is a lot of the times you get some kind of weird matchups. Like you get the 2nd best conference x team vs the 5th best SEC team or whatever. It happens a lot when a conference gets a bunch of teams into bowls. It's not specific to the SEC, it just happens to them a lot because they always have a fuckload of teams in bowl games, but that's how matchups end up.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
If the SEC is so much better then every other power conference as the narrative goes then their fourth or fifth best team should be as good on average as the second or third from another conference. Of course if the SEC is just about on par with the ACC/B1G/Big 12 then sure their bowl success or lack thereof given the year makes sense. That of course doesn't take in to account that the SEC rankings in the top 25 are usually boosted because well... yah know.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SEC also has 14 teams vs say the B12 which has 10 teams so its going to also be off kilter there as well (they need to redo these conference names)

Regardless, its going to be winning teams with very similar records facing off for the most part.

Sterling

El Presidente
If the SEC is so much better then every other power conference as the narrative goes then their fourth or fifth best team should be as good on average as the second or third from another conference. Of course if the SEC is just about on par with the ACC/B1G/Big 12 then sure their bowl success or lack thereof given the year makes sense. That of course doesn't take in to account that the SEC rankings in the top 25 are usually boosted because well... yah know.
SEC also has 14 teams vs say the B12 which has 10 teams so its going to also be off kilter there as well (they need to redo these conference names)

Regardless, its going to be winning teams with very similar records facing off for the most part.
Right, there's just way too many variables to just go this conference went 3-4 in bowl games, they suck, this other conference went 3-2 in bowl games they're so much better!

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm not arguing that the SEC is the PAC 12 here. What I am saying is that since this decade if you take out Bama's obscene dominance the SEC has not been any more or less impressive as a whole then the B1G/Big 12/ACC on a year to year basis. They are basically getting rankings based on conference performance from the previous decade which is just absurd. I put most of it on ESPN since they have a vested interest in keeping the SEC as the premier college football conference.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

That SEC is just sooooooo good.

Saban and a few other SEC coaches tried to slow this down a few years ago. The spread offenses and focus on offense is really hard to stop. The SEC didn't want to adjust and Saban was the best at adjusting. He took the best athletes in the nation and hoped to find decent QBs to finish the package. It's worked and now he has an elite QB as well.

SEC has been overrated for a while but outside of Orgeron, most of them will be smart enough to adjust eventually. They still get the lion's share of elite players today. NFL draft 2018: SEC again leads all college football conferences with 10 first-round picks

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I'm not arguing that the SEC is the PAC 12 here. What I am saying is that since this decade if you take out Bama's obscene dominance the SEC has not been any more or less impressive as a whole then the B1G/Big 12/ACC on a year to year basis. They are basically getting rankings based on conference performance from the previous decade which is just absurd. I put most of it on ESPN since they have a vested interest in keeping the SEC as the premier college football conference.

If you start at 2012, when A&M and Missouri joined the SEC and the Big East folded, the SEC has the highest winning percentage of power conference vs power conference matchups.

*Numbers do not include this years bowl games, but does include all previous seasons bowl games*

WINS LOSSES
ACC 68 87 .782
BIG12 45 54 .833
BIG10 70 70 1
PAC12 53 45 1.177
SEC 85 65 1.308

The SEC has also played the second most P5 vs P5 games. The SEC has 14 teams, which helps inflate those numbers, but they still win a lot of them.
ACC 155
BIG12 99
BIG10 140
PAC12 98
SEC 150

In 2016 and 2017 the SEC had a losing record vs other P5 conferences, but has rebounded this season and has a 12-5 record vs other P5 conferences (pre bowl games)

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
SEC has been overrated for a while but outside of Orgeron, most of them will be smart enough to adjust eventually. They still get the lion's share of elite players today. NFL draft 2018: SEC again leads all college football conferences with 10 first-round picks

Nothing has been more frustrating in the last 7-8 years than to be an LSU fan. Loads of elite talent at every position on the field yet, for whatever reason, they've never been able to actually coach and develop any QBs to compete with Bama. It sucks having to play them every year but that's only because Saban has them like a well-oiled machine. No LSU fan would give a shit if they were Vandy.

For all of LSU's troubles, they just wrapped up a 10 win season for the first time in 6 years. Much of the credit needs to go to the DC, Dave Aranda. As long as he's there, they'll always have a fighting chance.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holgorsen is now at Houston, couldnt hack it in the B12 I guess. Nobody from any national media source understands the move unless its about going back to Texas because word was he didnt like the weather/cold etc in Morgantown. Other than that, doesnt make sense.

Word is we are looking at Luke Fickell, the previous Ohio State coach and current head coach at Cincinatti. Idk much about him, they just went 11-2 and beat VT but whoever it is I hope can get back to coaching actual defense.

At least you are continuing the tradition of only hiring HCs with terrible haircuts. I hear this is a good hire but I have no idea.

1546535158864.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If you start at 2012, when A&M and Missouri joined the SEC and the Big East folded, the SEC has the highest winning percentage of power conference vs power conference matchups.

*Numbers do not include this years bowl games, but does include all previous seasons bowl games*

WINS LOSSES
ACC 68 87 .782
BIG12 45 54 .833
BIG10 70 70 1
PAC12 53 45 1.177
SEC 85 65 1.308

The SEC has also played the second most P5 vs P5 games. The SEC has 14 teams, which helps inflate those numbers, but they still win a lot of them.
ACC 155
BIG12 99
BIG10 140
PAC12 98
SEC 150

In 2016 and 2017 the SEC had a losing record vs other P5 conferences, but has rebounded this season and has a 12-5 record vs other P5 conferences (pre bowl games)

This can't be true because people in this thread have their feelings hurt and self worth invalidated by poor performing psuedo pro athletes that use their Alma mater as a place to loaf and drain funding from education for as long as possible while polluting the towns with crime and low quality drugs.

• 2Worf
  • 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their defense was bad but he didn’t call plays supposedly? His record at Wazzu is more interesting.