Comic Books

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So long Bendis you won't be missed.

Looks like Marvel just fired their EIC, Axel Alonso, as well and then promoted someone other than the second in command to take over. At least according to D&C the new guy is not a raging SJW/Asshole so we could see the beginning of Marvel trying to climb out of the hole they dug themselves into.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Looks like Marvel just fired their EIC, Axel Alonso, as well and then promoted someone other than the second in command to take over. At least according to D&C the new guy is not a raging SJW/Asshole so we could see the beginning of Marvel trying to climb out of the hole they dug themselves into.
Shitty brazillians still make up a large portion of the dollar a page ,bitch drawers.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
invincible ended, pretty blah, but it's ended
Oh look Atom Eve is old and dying, oh wait sorry she regenerated herself again and only the interesting characters in the story actually stay dead. I assume Mark's mom is long since dead from old age and they didn't even so much as visit her grave olol. Great send off for a person who was involved with the main character since issue #1.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, we assumed the same about the latest season of Rick and Morty before it actually aired, and it was a damn good season.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well, we assumed the same about the latest season of Rick and Morty before it actually aired, and it was a damn good season.
there is not a single good female comic book writer

there is also not a single good person of any color comic book writer

the best formula is to have a gurmpy old white guy writer and asian artist

img.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's because if there were a good writer they would be hired by a form entertainment that could easily outbid comic books for any talent available.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Read the Rothfus rick and morty do D&D comic, as someone who loves d&d and R&M, this was shit. So glad I didn't pay for it, and if this is the quality we can now expect from Rothfus then it is better if we never get book 3.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Read the Rothfus rick and morty do D&D comic, as someone who loves d&d and R&M, this was shit. So glad I didn't pay for it, and if this is the quality we can now expect from Rothfus then it is better if we never get book 3.

Not many book authors make good comic book writers. The art forms are very different. Neil Gaiman may be an actual unicorn in that way. Or just an English pervert.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Got my copy of Iron Sights today. That's the other crowd-funded book from the Diversity & Comics guy. I'm not a fan of black and white comics, but I knew going in that it was going to be. Other than that, it looks great. There are a fuckload of pages too. It really is startling how few pages you actually get in a normal comic with all the ads. I didn't count, but this one is probably close to a hundred pages. Think how many issues that would span for Marvel or DC.

Haven't read it yet, but very, very pleased already. I can't wait for the other one.