Computer Chairs

slowstang_sl

shitlord
GotAmazon.com - SPACE Seating Professional Dark Air Grid Back with Black Eco Leather Seat, Managers Chair - Adjustable Home Desk Chairsfor christmas. Comfy and sturdy. It's a big improvement over the shitty chair I got from staples 6 years ago that started falling apart this month. Though I suppose that chair wasn't too bad considering it lasted as long as it did.
I just found one of these on Craigslist for $120 and so far it is very comfortable. Do you happen to know if they make a headrest for this specific model?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I got the Markus from Ikea because my piece of shit walmart chair finally broke. So far it is nice.

I have a challenge mode task though, I need to find a computer chair for my living room that doesn't have wheels. Right now we are using a chair from our dining room which is not ideal and I think my wife wanted to stab me for buying a computer chair as soon as mine broke rather than buying her one too. But her's can't have wheels because of the wood floors and little terrible children who would be jousting in the chair if it did have wheels.

Solariss

Golden Squire
I had planned on purchasing a Herman Miller Aeron until my friend told me about the Steelcase Leap. I went out and tried both, and the Leap is far above and beyond the Aerons. The Aeron is just not even close in terms of comfort and adjustability in my opinion. I found a Steelcase Leap v2 for $250 on Craigslist this morning (I got lucky).

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The main difference between the two is the material. The Steelcase is a traditional, high-quality cushioned back & seat while the Aeron is a mesh-type material. I like the Aeron & the mesh because it seems to stay cooler when sitting on it for hours, but I can definitely see where a lot of people would want traditional cushioned seats.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The main difference between the two is the material. The Steelcase is a traditional, high-quality cushioned back & seat while the Aeron is a mesh-type material. I like the Aeron & the mesh because it seems to stay cooler when sitting on it for hours, but I can definitely see where a lot of people would want traditional cushioned seats.
Like all cushioned seats, they are fantastic new ... until the cusions wear down. The Aeron with the mesh, however, never has anything to wear out. My 7 year old Aeron is every bit as comfortable as the day I bought it. Plus, as Joeboo said, it breathes for the extra long poopsock sessions.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Love my Aeron, I've had it for 2 years now. Got lucky and found a "C" model(large one) on Craigslist for about $250, was brand new still in the plastic. 99% sure it was stolen, but I didn't care. Added a ridiculously expensive headrest attachment to it and it might be more comfortable than my bed.

Siliconemelons

I want to rip out a "zero gravity" Nissan seat and attach it to some roll casters and arms to make my desk chair.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Friend bought a 6 of these for his homeoffice boardroom
Amazon.com : Global Tye Mesh Management Series Arm Chair with Cantilever Base, Black : Reception Room Chairs : Office Products

in the chair industry they're called sliders, cuz well they slide underneath a desk. (they stay in place, they don't actually slide around like a hockey puck)
Just thought it was funny that the "customers who viewed this item also viewed", for me, was filled with 2/3 Brahma links. Those cream-colored Sennheiser HD598 and that ridiculous hipster noise fan.

I'd appreciate a chair where the armrests aren't the first thing to break. I've gone through two chairs because those black foam-filled rests crack and fall apart. Would prefer cloth, because my wife could patch that no problem, but none of the higher end models have that.

Also, haven't seen any damage on my floors from a rolling chair. How long does it take for that to show up on wood?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Depends on how much fucking you do on the chair. Don't think there should be any damage, I would think.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
We got Haworth zody task chairs at work. If I had the money I'd have one for my home office in a heartbeat. They are durable as fuck and I can work all day without feeling tired.

Zody Task

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just thought it was funny that the "customers who viewed this item also viewed", for me, was filled with 2/3 Brahma links. Those cream-colored Sennheiser HD598 and that ridiculous hipster noise fan.

I'd appreciate a chair where the armrests aren't the first thing to break. I've gone through two chairs because those black foam-filled rests crack and fall apart. Would prefer cloth, because my wife could patch that no problem, but none of the higher end models have that.

Also, haven't seen any damage on my floors from a rolling chair. How long does it take for that to show up on wood?
why don't you just get a hardwood floor mat? less than 50bucks is probably cheaper than fucking up your floors, which will eventually happen.

Amazon.com : Floortex Ultimat Polycarbonate Smooth Back Chair Mat for Hard Floors, Clear, 47 X 35, Rectangular (128919ER) : Office Products

these are "harder" than the staples shit, i had 2 staples ones for carpet (that is for hardwood) and they cracked in 2 years. And you know, once you have 1 crack it just propagates to like a big ass fissure, so you just have to throw it out. not a fatty mcfat btw, just like rolling around, cuz why not!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my ergohuman chair has removable arms, 2 screws each on the bottom. don't know about others.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
NEED for SEAT USA - Quality Gaming and Office Chairs featuring MAXNOMIC

I was sick of buy a new chair from Costco for $200 every 3 years so I went big about 6 months ago and got an XL Ranger from the site I linked above. I guess they don't carry the Ranger anymore but the Titanus Black looks almost identical. I got mine on sale for $419 and only paid $14.99 for shipping for a total of $433.99. By far the best chair I have ever owned well worth every penny.

EDIT: My chair is actually a DX Racer, I guess NEEDforSEAT does not carry their product anymore and for that matter DX Racer no longer has the XL ranger line. Or at least I was unable to find it.

Here is theDX Racer Official Site.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is crazy how much Maxnomic and DX Racer have expanded their brand. Almost every streamer that can carry a few hundred average viewers has one or the other. Seems like just recently they've branched out in to the 2nd and 3rd tier sponsorships or maybe streaming revenue is up and they're all investing in actual chairs since they sit there for 8 hours a day.

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'm tempted to get a dx racer. Currently using a nice leather lazy boy. It's pretty common for me to watch a movie and sleep in the chair. I have a lap tray for my kb and mouse and my monitors are on arms to I can easily extend them towards me.

Anyone know of a good computer chair that reclines enough to sleep in?