Computer Issues

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've thought about the bios, but it's one of those if that's the case there isn't anything I can do about it things. The motherboard says it's supposed to support Ryzen 2 out of the box, and is on rev 1.1, so I feel like it's not bios. Gonna try RAM, if that's not it this whole damn thing is getting RMA'd and I'm telling the kid to buy intel (which I would have told him if he'd asked in the first place tbh)

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You could try removing ram, video card, boot using onboard video...if you can get into the bios its a start. From there add ram, then video to isolate where the fault is.

If you're not getting any video from the onboard, add the video card before the ram, you should get either the video bios or the system bios, if neither show I'm incline to agree with Noodle

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Got new RAM, works fine.

WHY DOES NON FUNCTIONING RAM GIVE YOU NO VIDEO, NO BOOT, AND CPU QLED.

Fucking AMD

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
New board. Original board definitely fried. Can't say for sure if the ram is actually bad or just ryzen things. I told him to try to return the motherboard and ram

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Was from Amazon I believe.

It's definitely possible they reject his returns, but that's his problem not mine!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was from Amazon I believe.

It's definitely possible they reject his returns, but that's his problem not mine!
i've returned tons of items, mostly small ticket items

nothing like a MB,

just tell him to take the chance anyway, amazon is pretty cool w/ this stuff

i'm he really shouldn't say he "thinks" it might've broke cuz he installed wrong, i mean truthfully, you don't really know what happened (but we come on, we know), but just list the reason as : doesn't work/not compatible

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Amazon will take back pretty much anything within 30 days, and the few exceptions can be avoided by just asking nicely. They will outright terminate your account if you abuse the system though (they keep a hidden track of how profitable you are. Too many returns jeopardizes that)

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Function key stuck:
Tried --
* uninstalling keyboard/ restarting computer
* pressing shift three times fast, five
* holding shift five seconds
* ctrl+ctrl
* ctrl+alt
* ctrl+shift
* shift+shift
* ctrl+alt+del
* Unplugging/replugging keyboard
* turning off computer
* restarting computer
* clicking various things in accessibility
* osk
also
* purchased new keyboard
* tried different usb ports

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Does clicking a letter in the onscreen keyboard also function as though the windows key was on? If not, it's gotta be some driver issue

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user