Computer Issues

Bandwagon

Log Wizard
<Silver Donator>
couldn't hurt to try to change it from studio quality to cd quality (or whatever, windows is weird)

also looks like that monitor has built in speakers too, maybe enable default to vg278 and just see (since it's also now using the hdmi wire)
I tried changing the quality too, still there.

The monitor speakers are absurdly quiet. I can't hear them at all.
I really don't use my work speakers for much. Just the occasional webinar (if I'm just an attendee) and notification sounds like teams or email messages. I don't need "good" audio, just need to be able to hear it and hopefully get rid of that fucking static sound that I have to hear 200 times a day.

Lanx

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
<Prior Amod>

I really don't use my work speakers for much. Just the occasional webinar (if I'm just an attendee) and notification sounds like teams or email messages. I don't need "good" audio, just need to be able to hear it and hopefully get rid of that fucking static sound that I have to hear 200 times a day.
yea i just wanted to see if a different source/wire/driver (it's going through videocard audio instead of motherboard realtek) would produce the same effect

Daidraco

Vyemm Raider
44d 17h 19m

I didnt want you to buy new speakers, just try head phones lol. Hope theyre nice speakers I guess, or you can return them w/e. Uninstall your drivers, restart the PC and install the newest ones. You could have installed something that doesnt seem like it would interact with those drivers, but you never know.

Bandwagon

Log Wizard
<Silver Donator>
I didnt want you to buy new speakers, just try head phones lol. Hope theyre nice speakers I guess, or you can return them w/e. Uninstall your drivers, restart the PC and install the newest ones. You could have installed something that doesnt seem like it would interact with those drivers, but you never know.
They're $20 6W speakers that I got with the company card. The last ones were $40 10W speakers. I don't care what it sounds like ;)

I'll try new drivers.

Denamian

SamDaMan's Dungeon Club
<Nazi Janitors>
175d 7h 30m
Sometimes the onboard sound on motherboards is poorly shielded and you can get interference. Do you have any USB headphones to test and see if it still happens?

Jovec

?
i would future proof the heatsink by getting a d15 so you can use it on current or upcoming cpus

Seconded. My original D14 bought for my Sandy Bridge i7 is still in use out there on my nephew's r5 3600, fans and all. I was doing some upgrading and testing this past week, and my D15S with 2 fans was keeping an overclocked 5950x at around 83c (23/24c ambient) under P95 small FFTs and a 230 watt sustained CPU PPT load.

• 1Like
Reactions: Daidraco