Computer Issues

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Need some help. Windows update seems to have broken my USB ports. Everything works while the computer is booting up, I'm able to hit delete to get into bios etc and my mouse is working in bios. As soon as I get to the windows login screen, all of the USB ports stop working. The backlight on my keyboard goes off, the lights on my mouse turn off etc, can't do anything. Can't type my password as the keyboard is not working. What can I do about this?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
all of a sudden, my computer is experiencing microfreezes every few seconds.

They happen during these spikes on my GPU. no game is running.

06e91ze.png

The only thing I did since the problem didn't occur is install fucking world of warcraft. I've updated my video drivers as a response, but that didn't help.

After a reboot, everything is fine again.

Update: restarting firefox (WHY DO I STILL USE THIS PIECE OF SHIT) solves it without a reboot as well...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    102.6 KB · Views: 4

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
all of a sudden, my computer is experiencing microfreezes every few seconds.

They happen during these spikes on my GPU. no game is running.

06e91ze.png

The only thing I did since the problem didn't occur is install fucking world of warcraft. I've updated my video drivers as a response, but that didn't help.

After a reboot, everything is fine again.

Update: restarting firefox (WHY DO I STILL USE THIS PIECE OF SHIT) solves it without a reboot as well...

Is it happening when watching videos? The latest windows 10 update has some latency issues.

Also, Firefox tends to shit itself after time using the same profile. You should "refresh" it every 6 months or so:

Also could be an add-on causing the problem

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yes it's not happening now that I keep youtube closed on Firefox. current uptime 7 hours, no issue anymore

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Having a display issue with a new kvm I got, wondering if you guys have any ideas. I've got 2 monitors, a PC, and a laptop, one of the monitors is connected to the kvm output and that one is shared by the PC as a second display and the laptop as a second display. The other monitor is dedicated to the PC. The issue I'm having is that sometimes when switching the kvm to the PC, I get intermittent flashing. It goes away if I switch back and forth a couple of times. I've been trying to read up, haven't found any answers. When the kvm is set to the laptop, no flashing, and I previously had the monitor attached to the PC directly as a second display with no issues. It isn't a world ending issue, but is annoying when trying to work on something. There have been a couple off times when the kvm was set to the PC and the display was stable and then out of nowhere, intermittent flashing. Tried moving KVM ports, tried checking the refresh rate, tried reinstalling display drivers, I tried updating nvidia drivers (gtx 1080), changed the hdmi cable going from the kvm to the PC out to a known good cable, no dice. Monitor that is impacted is a Dell U2518D, not sure that matters. Still looking for more possible causes.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
hrm, figured it out. Had to change refresh rate, replace cable, and replace adapter. A lot of work for this goddamn setup.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Question: My Plex can no longer be accessed remotely.

After having AT&T Uverse installed, their modem is a router too. So my router is plugged into their router. My router has multiple static IPs because of my Plex setup. My Plex will no longer work remotely, because of a "double NAT" issue. What's the best way to fix this? I'm not even sure if the AT&T modem has WIFI built into it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Question: My Plex can no longer be accessed remotely.

After having AT&T Uverse installed, their modem is a router too. So my router is plugged into their router. My router has multiple static IPs because of my Plex setup. My Plex will no longer work remotely, because of a "double NAT" issue. What's the best way to fix this? I'm not even sure if the AT&T modem has WIFI built into it.
I actually need to fix mine. You can log into the router and setup port forwarding shit to hit your plex. I need to do this since I got a new MB and my mac address changed so I can RDP from work.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This isn't strictly a computer issue, but sort of.

I have my Mom running through a pihole, because god fucking knows she'd accidentally click something, or maybe even intentionally not realizing she shouldn't. Here is the problem. Something is being blocked that is preventing her banking websites from remembering being able to recognize her computer. I have whitelisted the base site, but that seems to not cover it. Any ideas on how I can go about figuring out what to whitelist?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Probably an easier way to do it, but bypass the pi hole, then use ublock origins in advanced mode so you can see everything it is blocking/not blocking and narrow it down to which one it is.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Familiar with Linux? The pi has log files in a log folder . if you search the log file for "pi-holed" you can see what sites were blocked last

You can also tail the log file and try to go to the bank site

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Familiar with Linux? The pi has log files in a log folder . if you search the log file for "pi-holed" you can see what sites were blocked last

You can also tail the log file and try to go to the bank site

This is what I just found a minute ago. I'll have to mess around with it tomorrow and see what the site is trying to hit on login

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I'm having an unusual Internet connection issue (Windows 10). Happens at all sites but using a WoW server as an example: whenever I zone or use a teleport I sometimes get a "Transfer aborted: instance not found" message. This may happen 2 or 3 times before I can successfully zone or teleport in. Once I'm in it's fine, no connection issues. If I run a pathping to Blizzard's server, no issues. Same with websites - sometimes I'll connect immediately but sometimes I'll get site not found errors initially a couple times. After I'm in it's fine - I can watch a stream on Twitch with no interruptions or a YouTube video all the way through.

It's like there's a tunnel blockage and once it's cleared it's fine. It's been happening for a few weeks and I've restarted the PC several times with no improvement.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I'm having an unusual Internet connection issue (Windows 10). Happens at all sites but using a WoW server as an example: whenever I zone or use a teleport I sometimes get a "Transfer aborted: instance not found" message. This may happen 2 or 3 times before I can successfully zone or teleport in. Once I'm in it's fine, no connection issues. If I run a pathping to Blizzard's server, no issues. Same with websites - sometimes I'll connect immediately but sometimes I'll get site not found errors initially a couple times. After I'm in it's fine - I can watch a stream on Twitch with no interruptions or a YouTube video all the way through.

It's like there's a tunnel blockage and once it's cleared it's fine. It's been happening for a few weeks and I've restarted the PC several times with no improvement.
Last time I had this happen it was some fucked up router/modem setting. Make sure that firmware is updated on both. Every single time i zoned it would cut the rest of the house off for like 5 seconds. I would just guess that you have a pretty basic setup so a reset to default on the modem/router might help too after/if there is an update.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How do you get rid of this shit in details view in the windows 10 update? This shit is fucking awful.

1566284132252.png