Conan Exiles

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Had a bot goin all night spamming the Pokemon discord sending a link to this youtube stream that I'm stealing from Twitch streamers.

this dude was so pissed

spam3.png

spam.png

spam2.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like a laggy, glitchy mess right now. I might consider it after a while. But typically the novelty wears off quickly in these types of games.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't put my finger on it but the lighting for the game just looks off

error

Molten Core Raider
I played for a few hours last night. It's ARK mostly with Conan theme, which is what I expected. I'd run a private server from my house, but I'm not sure my bandwidth would be enough considering all I do with my connection. Maybe if I tweaked some QoS settings but that would be a PITA. I've thought about renting a server...

I'll be on tonight most of the night, figuring shit out. Send me an PM if you're interested in hanging out.

edit: Someone put up a generic CE Discord server a while back -- Discord
edit2: Someone mentioned teabagging:
36n34vnun0dy.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ha. I have yet to play any of these. Ark, rust, DayZ. What is the genre called? first person survival?
Which is the best? genre seems to quickly have been saturated.
GMG is 20% off.

It's called the early release survival genre. Is there a survival game that has made it out of early release? This genre is so bad that one of them has paid DLC for it already(Ark) and the main game is still in early release.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Been watching people play.

Combat is fucking terrible with lag/hit reg
Walls of bases can be PUNCHED DOWN BY ANYONE
The contents of said base can be destroyed and looted by MORE PUNCHING
Ranged weapons are tuned terribly. Like, really badly. Crossbow has max range of like 20 feet and drops probably 1 ft per ft traveled.
Basically looks like worse Ark or better Rust without guns

They've got a few months and I'm sure it'll be decent but Ark/Rust should already fill the needs of people who want this game.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
is there a crack for this yet? I wanna try it for a bit without the worry of not having a return.

Cybsled

Why not just wait until it is farther along in tuning and look at reviews if you're too cheap to spend $30 lol

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Cause I'd rather demo it for an hour like I did for NMS and decide for myself?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I blame Twitch for all of these shitfests. Every single one rockets to a couple hundred thousand views on launch because lirik etc all play it day one, sells a fuckton of copies on the back of that, then fades in to obscurity and neglect a month later, never to be heard from again or leave early access.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
ha. I have yet to play any of these. Ark, rust, DayZ. What is the genre called? first person survival?
Which is the best? genre seems to quickly have been saturated.
GMG is 20% off.

I can really only recommend the single player/co-op ones like the forest and subnautic and that is only if they are on sale.

Oldbased

> Than U
Watched some streams and I don't get it. I already played rust
It's more ARK than Rust. Rust uses Unity and ARK/Conan are modified versions of Unreal. Conan calls it Dreamworld but initially it was Unreal. Pretty sure it still has Unreal framework judging by how aspects of the world work.

Rust is super defined in graphics and shit right now but the focus is still surviving each other. Food/drink is more of an issue than in the past but it is super easy to find. Only wildlife exists and yes they still run through rocks.
ARK was more about surviving the world than the players. Sure players are a threat but the NPCs will eat you alive as will the conditions/weather.
A typical ARK world has 16,000 roughly NPC Dinos/creatures where a 4k Rust map has just over 300 chickens/bears/wolves/pigs/horses and deer.
Ark is manyfolds more complex than Rust. Rust is much higher quality graphics/sounds/reactionary.

Conan also uses the same feature/function and art style of ARK. It has a lots of npcs although not near as many variations of ARK. It does have some newer things but my quickly developing issue with Conan is outside the map which even that is possible, everything it has can be modded into ARK.

Given all that the genre is full of survival games already. 7d2d, hurtworld,rising world, fragmented, out of reach,savage lands, reign of kings and more, most of those which are development dead or stuck on life support Conan needed to be something different.
They have a long road ahead if they want it to be successful. I dread to think what Conan would have been other than dead if they had released it as initially planned 6 months ago. IMO it needed another 6 months as once it goes live to the people it takes longer to do things as your focus turns to bugs, issues and cheats.

I don't regret the purchase though. I've got about 10 hours in on it and I'll get 50 more and then more if they keep patching/fixing things. I've noticed 3 or 4 patches since last night's launch and that is a start.
If survival games/games listed above is not your thing, do not waste money on this. Go buy a 12 pc KFC bucket dinner instead, you'll be happier.
If you liked ARK/Rust but wanted something different in both and have a few friends, buy it, better yet get it on sale in a month or three.

1700 hours Rust most of that as a admin of 5 servers
950 hours Ark most of that also as admin.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's more ARK than Rust. Rust uses Unity and ARK/Conan are modified versions of Unreal. Conan calls it Dreamworld but initially it was Unreal. Pretty sure it still has Unreal framework judging by how aspects of the world work.

Rust is super defined in graphics and shit right now but the focus is still surviving each other. Food/drink is more of an issue than in the past but it is super easy to find. Only wildlife exists and yes they still run through rocks.
ARK was more about surviving the world than the players. Sure players are a threat but the NPCs will eat you alive as will the conditions/weather.
A typical ARK world has 16,000 roughly NPC Dinos/creatures where a 4k Rust map has just over 300 chickens/bears/wolves/pigs/horses and deer.
Ark is manyfolds more complex than Rust. Rust is much higher quality graphics/sounds/reactionary.

Conan also uses the same feature/function and art style of ARK. It has a lots of npcs although not near as many variations of ARK. It does have some newer things but my quickly developing issue with Conan is outside the map which even that is possible, everything it has can be modded into ARK.

Given all that the genre is full of survival games already. 7d2d, hurtworld,rising world, fragmented, out of reach,savage lands, reign of kings and more, most of those which are development dead or stuck on life support Conan needed to be something different.
They have a long road ahead if they want it to be successful. I dread to think what Conan would have been other than dead if they had released it as initially planned 6 months ago. IMO it needed another 6 months as once it goes live to the people it takes longer to do things as your focus turns to bugs, issues and cheats.

I don't regret the purchase though. I've got about 10 hours in on it and I'll get 50 more and then more if they keep patching/fixing things. I've noticed 3 or 4 patches since last night's launch and that is a start.
If survival games/games listed above is not your thing, do not waste money on this. Go buy a 12 pc KFC bucket dinner instead, you'll be happier.
If you liked ARK/Rust but wanted something different in both and have a few friends, buy it, better yet get it on sale in a month or three.

1700 hours Rust most of that as a admin of 5 servers
950 hours Ark most of that also as admin.
Quality post here ,thanks dude.

Oldbased

> Than U
Quality post here ,thanks dude.
NP. I'm just trying to keep a clear head on it in case someone wanders in wondering if they should buy it or not.
Of course as always if someone does buy it and doesn't like it you can get a full refund from Steam if you played under 2 hours and 2 weeks of purchase. It's pretty fast too.