Confederate - new anti-white propaganda from HBO

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Cultural Revolution? Like more white guilt? The 'wounds' of slavery are only still around because some faggots still pick the scab. You dont hear people still bemoaning the wounds of WW2.

Except from the Jews

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
See post above.

Be as outraged or not outraged as you want. How they go with this will make a huge difference between sucking or being great. I'm already willing to give them the benifit of the doubt cause of their previous work. The even admitted they expected this reaction cause lets be honest, this is exactly what they wanted. That's why they were vague. I'm sure the fuck going to tune in with everyone else.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Cultural Revolution? Like more white guilt? The 'wounds' of slavery are only still around because some faggots still pick the scab. You dont hear people still bemoaning the wounds of WW2.

Except from the Jews

That's a hot take Zapbro.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why exactly do you think we post things here? It's to speculate. You have threads years before a TV show or movie or video game came out. Should we stop that and just wait for it to be released?

I'm sure we could pull a few people over from the GoT thread to say we should be using spoiler tags...but no we shouldn't stop, I just figured we could argue about the actual potential content of the show without whether or not it's going to be a commentary about how terrible the political right/left and their ideas about history are. Don't get me wrong...it COULD be done poorly and end up very much like that, it's the basic assumption about literally everything and anything these days that's laughable.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I I just figured we could argue about the actual potential content of the show without whether or not it's going to be a commentary about how terrible the political right/left and their ideas about history are. Don't get me wrong...it COULD be done poorly and end up very much like that, it's the basic assumption about literally everything and anything these days that's laughable.

Well that kind of happened. Yes you have the knee jerk reaction but the thread then transitions into actual discussion like we have been talking about. Well except for when people complain about the knee jerk reaction which extends the time talking about it.:) I'm excited the more I think about it because I love The Man in the High Castle and we need more alternative history shows. KIngs was another underated one that didn't last. Whichever way they go they accomplished exactly what they wanted, people talking about it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hey I am all for fiction. This isn't any different than having a black sheriff.

rm26ad.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well that kind of happened. Yes you have the knee jerk reaction but the thread then transitions into actual discussion like we have been talking about. Well except for when people complain about the knee jerk reaction which extends the time talking about it.:) I'm excited the more I think about it because I love The Man in the High Castle and we need more alternative history shows. KIngs was another underated one that didn't last. Whichever way they go they accomplished exactly what they wanted, people talking about it.

I'm...cautiously excited for it. Didn't follow Man in the High Castle that closely but episodes I did see seemed pretty good. I like that sort of alternate look on major historical events, too. People don't realize sometimes just how different it could be.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
itd be fucking lul if there was a white slave black master tv series.

Tyrone tellin whitey to pick out all the melon seeds, lolol

• 1Worf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
itd be fucking lul if there was a white slave black master tv series.

Tyrone tellin whitey to pick out all the melon seeds, lolol

They made those films already, with not so subtle racism.

u4s4b3xrz5gohwzo2knedqil7bf.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Move over Rian Johnson. There's a new sheriff in town, and they've got a lot more experience and clout than you. Take your little TLJ trilogy and fucking walk. Get up. And walk.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
The original stuff in GoT isn't that good...

I think this final season will show us all if Benioff/Weiss are actually good, or riding on the pre-made material by GRRM. Granted, they have already diverged from the books to some mixed reception, and the quality of the show has gone down, but I think this final season the stakes are so high to end on a good note for most fans to be satisfied those two will do well with SW.

Then again, they are likely better than Rian, so they have that going for them

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'd watch a good Barbary Pirates show but I've heard Black Sails is decent and haven't seen that yet

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Black Sails is really solid. Definitely worth watching.

• 1Solidarity