Constantine

Caliane

Looks pretty good.

Did they comment on why they went with "Constantine", and not "Helblazer"?
The movie is not that popular. Particularly if they want to stay more closer to the comic.

Caliane

Well then..
rrr_img_68669.jpg

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Good for a pilot. Managed to do all the introductions and exposition while keeping everything fast-paced with lots of action. I even got freaky-chills once or twice. If they keep it up I'm in.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this enough to keep watching. Wasn't as good as the movie, but I didn't expect it to be. Sidekicks were ok, girl is cute, and Constantine is enough of an asshole without going too overboard. And the effects aren't bad, all things considered.

Leaked copy I watched was pretty grainy/fuzzy though, not sure if the source was that way or what. Was definitely watchable but things like a business card were pretty hard to read (not that you had to since they read it aloud anyway). Nowhere near as good as the Flash leaked pilot as far as quality, although like Flash it appeared to be a finished product.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Finished the leaked pilot a few minutes ago and thought it was pretty good. Now I'm no expert on John and have only read a handful of his stories and liked the Keanu version, so I may be easy to please.

I did like the Easter eggs but couldn't tell what half of the were other than Fate's helmet.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what the helmet signifies, so fill me in if you don't mind, please? Unless it is literally just from the DC character, what was it, Dr. Fate or something? Seems I remember that helmet playing a roll in an episode or two of Smallville. Is that the same one?

Rhedd

Molten Core Raider
I don't know what the helmet signifies, so fill me in if you don't mind, please? Unless it is literally just from the DC character, what was it, Dr. Fate or something? Seems I remember that helmet playing a roll in an episode or two of Smallville. Is that the same one?

The helmet I'm assuming is Dr. Fate. He is actually trapped in the helmet, and overtakes who ever wears the helmet.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Aye, the helmet is the device by which Nabu, lord of Light takes over a body. Think it's a symbiotic releationship by which Nabu imbues the wearer with pretty much god level magic. The helmet has a magic tower to, which I think in the comics was set in Salem.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
His accent is all over the place. Presumably they will nail that shit down for the full series.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well they already fired the girl who played 'Liv'. Guess it just wasn't working out and instead of recasting they will move the story in a different direction

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Apparently they are bringing in Zed to replace her, though not sure if the part is cast yet.