Constantine

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Grimm got a 1.5 and this got a1.4. So fairly promising start ratings wise. Thought the pilot was good

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Demo stuff.... If a show scores poorly on the demo, yet has high viewership(show skews older(49+), advertisers just advertise the products for said older audience.

Take castle 10 pm Mondays(pretty much only show i watch live). Average age viewer is like 56. Scores about 1.7-2.1 in the demo, almost all the ads are for people 50+.... It gets ~9-10 million viewers live ~14.7 million live+7. Provided the rating hold there with thecaudience, it will get renewed(provided Nathan and stana get new contracts) forever, however demo is just a bit lower, yet it is most likely being cancelled... It has half the audience... There are other show with higher demo, lower audience..

Now back to constitine, finished the pilot, was good, now who is the artist.... The new female costar?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wasn't aware that they changed female leads, which had the unfortunate effect of making so much of the first episode feel pointless. They spent so much time building her up to be someone extremely important to the storyline only to have her take off within the last couple minutes of the episode. I'm not really sure how they could've gotten around that without reshooting the pilot (which isn't unheard of), but it would've been nice if they kept her around for at least a couple episode to finish her arc (or kill her - in fact, that would've been a good twist) rather than building her up only to throw all of that out with no payoff.

Grimm got a 1.5 and this got a1.4. So fairly promising start ratings wise. Thought the pilot was good
It started lower than Dracula did last year, but then Dracula wasn't up against the World Series. So it did pretty well despite that but obviously retention will be the bigger factor. Dracula went from 1.8 to 0.9 in a couple weeks. If Constantine can hold steady, it should be a good candidate to get picked up for the season.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Felt like they used a hammer on everything. It was just clumsy and forceful. I'll give it a couple episodes, but I don't have a lot of interest at the moment.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I agree that his accent was all over the damn place. And a new case study in "You don't realize which came first, do you?" when someone mentioned to me that they sure are trying to "make this guy look like Cas from Supernatural."

Didn't think it was that bad, interesting how they managed to "handle" the Liv situation. I did like that they aren't shying away from the fact that in many ways Constantine is a horror story.

The helm being secured by just being in a locked cabin in the woods kinda made me geek rage a little...

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I dug it. But then again, I love the world that the comic is set in and am a sucker for all things Constantine. I feel like this pilot was as good if not better than Arrow's pilot.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
As a guy who reads the comics I was pretty excited for this and it didn't let me down. I thought it was just cheesy enough to be Constantine without going over the top.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I just watched both episodes yesterday, and while I plan to keep watching, I don't know that I really 'liked' them either.

It's weird, on paper, I like the elements of the show and couldn't tell you what they did badly. But, the overall feel came across as clunky or awkward. So, for some reason, I don't really love the show, but yet I want to keep watching it. I guess I'm hoping that it's just growing pains for the show and I'll start getting into it more later.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
You sum up my feelings. It's rough around the edges, but not so rough that I don't hold out any hope of it improving. And I think a lot of that roughness comes from the fact that they had two episodes in a row that revolved around introducing Constantine's sidekick. It was sort of like having two pilots. That said, I do think they made the right choice in replacing Liv. I like Constantine and Zed's chemistry much better than his and Liv's.

The only thing I'm not really wild about at this point is that the map Liv bled all over seems to indicate that this show is going to be monster-of-the-week for quite a while, though perhaps introducing Papa Midnite this week will provide more of an arc.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The writing on this show is not up to par. It needs to be more interesting than monster of the week to get people engaged.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's hard to base it off the first 2 episodes as it's basically the pilot and then another of the same episode cuz they switched female leads. It seems like the only thing carrying over from the pilot with the first girl is the map.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They did actually change the pilot episode also, on the fly this was before comic-con so attendees got a rough cut of the different ending.. They are making a lot of changes like the girl who played Liv not working out, so to the curb she goes and introduce Zed... (I'm actually amazed they got it re-wrote/re-shot that fast)

Next week things will probably pickup a lot with the introduction of Papa Midnight(one of my Favorites from Hellblazer)

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm very intrigued by the subject matter. I liked the movie for the premise and background alone. Papa midnight, and the world that is suggested by his part in the movie, were really cool to me. I've never read much of the comic, a couple issues here and there, but it always seemed very cool. Someone made a comment about an 'Occult Dr. Who' and that nailed why I'm interested in it, except obviously more dark and less funny/campy then Dr. Who.

So, I really want this to be amazing, and even if it's just 'ok' I should still enjoy for the premise alone. But, they really need to get some over-arching storyline and peeks behind the curtain into the deeper world going. As has been said, Monster of the week only works for so long.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm very intrigued by the subject matter. I liked the movie for the premise and background alone. Papa midnight, and the world that is suggested by his part in the movie, were really cool to me. I've never read much of the comic, a couple issues here and there, but it always seemed very cool. Someone made a comment about an 'Occult Dr. Who' and that nailed why I'm interested in it, except obviously more dark and less funny/campy then Dr. Who.

So, I really want this to be amazing, and even if it's just 'ok' I should still enjoy for the premise alone. But, they really need to get some over-arching storyline and peeks behind the curtain into the deeper world going. As has been said, Monster of the week only works for so long.
You have to realize that they are introducing characters that play thru the whole Arc of Hellblazer, it's gonna be a little slow at the start, and if the mask actually comes out too play, then it's not gonna be monster of the week, more like army of the week hahaha

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, but they have hinted at a bigger storyline with the angel. It was just very 'meh..' when they did. I realize it probably has to start slow, but you can show things that we don't understand yet and explain them later for a bigger effect. Look at a show like Lost, that had an amazing first episode and instantly gripped you. Hell, forget lost, just think of any of the best shows of all time, most of them hooked their audience very quickly.

Again, I'm not saying it can't get better or that it was even that bad. I just hope it DOES get better and does the source material justice.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Thought the 2nd episode was weaker than the first, but it's still early and I am hopeful. Can't say I am a big fan of the new girl yet, but maybe she will grow on me. Why did they get rid of the original chic again, did she jump ship to a different project or something?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not uncommon for actors to be replaced after a pilot. Jenna (30 Rock), Daenerys (GoT), Sam Malone (Cheers), and Willow (Buffy) were all played by different actors in their pilots. The difference here is that rather than just switching out the actor, the writers of Constantine decided to incorporate that into the story since they wanted to go in a different direction anyways.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Thought the 2nd episode was weaker than the first, but it's still early and I am hopeful. Can't say I am a big fan of the new girl yet, but maybe she will grow on me. Why did they get rid of the original chic again, did she jump ship to a different project or something?
From what I understand, she was a real bitch too work with, that's what Matt Ryan, and the director for the show are saying..

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you're complaining that it's going to be too "monster-of-the-week," have you ever seen a network show before? That's basically how they all work: with 20 - 22 episodes to fill, they'll do every 3rd or 4th as a major story episode and fill in the rest with random, one-shot shit. Supernatural, Gotham, The Flash, Arrow are all in the same format. If you don't like monster-of-the-week programming you're in for a rough ride with this show.

Personally, knowing nothing about the comic book and only vaguely remembering the movie, I think this is a great show and it's right at the top of my list to watch weekly. I think it reminds me a lot of early Supernatural, which is a very good thing. I also imagine my ignorance of the comics helps my enjoyment, because I can't be annoyed at omissions/changes.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It's not uncommon for actors to be replaced after a pilot. Jenna (30 Rock), Daenerys (GoT), Sam Malone (Cheers), and Willow (Buffy) were all played by different actors in their pilots. The difference here is that rather than just switching out the actor, the writers of Constantine decided to incorporate that into the story since they wanted to go in a different direction anyways.
Welcome to the Hellmouth (TV Episode 1997) - IMDb

Winter Is Coming (TV Episode 2011) - IMDb

Give Me a Ring Sometime (TV Episode 1982) - IMDb

WTF are you talking about?