Control

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I only remembered this when someone on Slack mentioned they were playing it. There has been zero advertisement for this sucker! When I went to look on the Xbone Store for it it didnt show up until the full name was entered and even then it was after a bunch of controllers. This is really surprising since Remedy and Microsoft were so close up until last year... it didn't seem to be a particularly nasty divorce but maybe it was?

This is all especially weird given the reviews that say it runs best on an Xbox One X, you would think Microsoft would be all over this touting the performance of the higher end hardware.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i didn't really follow this, and the videos i saw did NOTHING to draw me in. that being said i had the opportunity to play it a little earlier and i actually really like it. it's the right kind of weird without being... weird. if that makes sense.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I finished up last night. I’d say total play time was 20 hours or so. Didn’t quite peak the way I would have liked but certainly opens the door for continuing. Lots left to explore.

On the topic of boss fights, apparently most are related to side quests/ missions. Ended up running in to three or four before finishing. They were definitely harder than the main story missions. There’s also post game content or that you can continue playing to finish collections or side quests.

Oh, and the events of Alan Wake are mentioned directly and indirectly throughout memos and communications. Seems like they’re laying ground work for some connected universe or story.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I found the game pretty okay. It wore on me as it progressed and kind of collapsed under its own weridness, leaving too many unexplained elements simply unexplained at the end. I guess I could have done a better job reading through all the lore I found but, damn, are we still doing this in 2019? Feels so outdated. I liked the combat a lot but found nearly all of the weapons useless. I stuck with the starter gun for almost the entire game. Throwing shit at people never got old. I accidentially came across some of the Alan Wake references so that was cool. Solid game came out of nowhere for me. Good layover still Gears and Borderlands...

spronk

FPS noob
i saw the angry joe review and the main character looks like a fucking tranny, what is up with the jaw? is the twist at the end that you do indeed have a dick? Can you levitate it?

why is this the marketing material for the game

Control.jpg

and why the fuck is the jaw so different in game

control%2024.jpg

i guess at least since its TPS you don't have to look at your face very much

Fedor

<Banned>
i saw the angry joe review and the main character looks like a fucking tranny, what is up with the jaw? is the twist at the end that you do indeed have a dick? Can you levitate it?

why is this the marketing material for the game

Control.jpg

and why the fuck is the jaw so different in game

control%2024.jpg

i guess at least since its TPS you don't have to look at your face very much

MV5BNDA1YjNmMTctMGQzMi00MDJiLWJkNmMtOGFkNWQ0ZmI1OTQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1435,1000_AL_.jpg

8193ee57674102e2356e15c8e9da5772.jpg

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it's lack of polygons rather than a "let's make our female protagonist look like a tranny" issue. She looks good in some cutscenes, kind of bad in others, and it seems mostly to do with the camera angle and which way she is looking. Courtney Hope also played Beth in Quantum Break, and they did a hell of a lot better job modeling her face this time around.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah she went back and forth all over the place. Especially strange when they overlaid her RL actress in the cutscenes.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Picked it up last night. Sure looks purdy on a 2080ti with ray tracing on. I kept looking at reflections instead of playing the game. The water swirlies on the floor where you meet the janitor were tripping me out. Weird as fuck but reading reviews I expected that. So far it's very fun.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
This was a great game. Totally under the radar. It has more jedi powers in it than Jedi: Fallen Order. Lots of fun with an interesting story and some cool level design. It tires a bit towards the end but this is better than a lot of higher profile games you've probably already played. Solid 8/10.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I wanted to play it, but it's on the EGS only at the moment. So I'm waiting for the Steam release along with a handful of other EGS exclusives.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wonder how many Game Awards it will get, its nominated for a few, and it has a female protagonist, so it must get bonus points. ;p

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I keep forgetting I have this because it is on the EGS, and I never open that.

• 1Worf

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing this a lot recently, I think the game probably does atmosphere better than any other.

My only real complaints are combat related:
  • Aside from throwing random objects powers are hard to use:
    • attempting to grab rockets or grenades often results in grabbing some random item.
    • shield seems only useful to attempt to run in to grab health, except that its too easy to get caught on objects you can't see
    • takeover is too slow and requires being too close making it very rarely useful
  • Most weapons aren't useful
Oh, also the texture pop-in is real bad with the game (3700x 32gb 2070 super), occasionally it seems to stop loading anything but the low res texture.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There is one side quest where you have to kill a certain boss. It was BRUTAL, almost impossible to do without cheesing because it takes a solid 100+ hits, and you die in like 2. You'll know it when you get there. If you get stuck, just fight him from the highest point possible in the middle of the room :p