Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It would be nice if youtube TV had a native android tv app.
Isn't it just "Youtube"? I honestly don't know, I'm spitballing. I want to try the service but can't justify it yet.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Isn't it just "Youtube"? I honestly don't know, I'm spitballing. I want to try the service but can't justify it yet.

I don't think so, the device compatibility doesn't show android tv app, just chromecast

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
YouTube TV. Cancelled...

Cancelled.jpg

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Decided to give Spectrum TV streaming a try and dear God what a dumpster fire. Doesn't work half the time on Roku, Fire Tv and Xbox 1 and it has been documented since June that the app is a piece of shit. Finally got it to connect to watch the Sunday night game and it is says channel not available. Never started and cancelled a service this quickly.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I just started and canceled directv now yesterday. I have pretty fast internet and the buffering was constant every 10-20 seconds. Guess I’ll keep satellite awhile longer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Joeboo Joeboo Got it and then peaced out on us. Clearly doesn't need us anymore as he streams the world in beautiful ultra 4k! hahaha

In the Northwest, of all companies, CenturyLink actually beat Google to gig speeds and it's reasonably priced. Comcast are still dicks, and while it might be available, it's an $800+ install fee, and then $200-$250/month for the service.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Every time I look at my ISP bill at my office I get pissed off. $110 per month for 50/5 through Comcast(thanks business pricing), when I have sweet, sweet 1000mbit Google Fiber at home for $70 per month.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Nope. For what I would want as far as programming goes, I think Sling Blue gives me the best bang for my buck.
For me it is Hulu. I just cut the cord and will be going all in on the 18th when Amazon releases the 4k Fire TV.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm really thankful we have the option of a smaller ISP here. I really hope they don't get snatched up by one of the bigger companies. I have gigabit for $99.95 per month (taxes included), unlimited bandwidth.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I have a 2017 LG TV and an Nvidia Shield...why does it seem like SlingTV is the only option for live TV?

Hulu Live does not work on either device.

Youtube TV doesn't work on either device (and lol, the shield is Android TV).

Haven't gotten to PS VUE or DirecTV Now but this whole thing seems silly.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't the 2017 LG have some built in apps?

It has a lot of apps, but Hulu is in "beta" and doesn't do live TV. They don't have a YouTube TV app either.

I haven't checked for PS VUE or DirecTV Now, but they weren't in the list when I was browsing.

It's amazing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So my internet is now $95.

Double bandwidth Internet + big TV package with all 3 prem package is $109.

:emoji_unamused: