Cord-Cutting, Or How to Stream your Way to Success

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Wow, that article really started off with a bad assumption.

The US has incredibly fucking retarded priced home internet. We pay more and have crappier speeds than most other developed countries. "Reasonably-priced" my ass.

Yeah but according to the industry we only need 1mb down.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
We're not as dense as most countries, right? I still agree it is WILDLY over-fucking-priced and there is zero reason for competition.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Can anyone with YouTube tv tell me how bad the NFL blackout is? Example, if a game is being broadcast locally in my area, will I be able to see it on my local YouTube TV channel? The FAQ says it may be blocked on the phone, but casting is supposed to work.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just found out this weekend that you can run MMA-TV through Plex. I had always just been using my computer, and since I had an HDMI cable from the computer to the TV I would watch it that way, but it only allowed me to watch it in my office. Well, running it through Plex took all of 3 minutes to setup, and the stream is arguably more stable than it is through MMA-TV.

Not sure who else is still using MMA-TV, but I strongly suggest it to any sports fans. It's fantastic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just found out today for $10/month more I can upgrade to Comcast gigabit. They aren't even advertising it here .guess I need a new modem

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
$10/month more for how long before they change it or just $10 more a month.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean it's Comcast, fees change all the time. It's not one of those "for the first two years" deals though.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
While calling about my internet pricing to consider cutting cable, I found I can go from 300 to 400 MB internet for $20 less.... nice one Spectrum

I'm considering Sling or DirecTV Now because of the channels my kids watch (Disney/Nick Jr). Between the two I think I'll rule out Sling because you can't log into hardly any TV Everywhere apps with their service and we use those apps almost exclusively in our house.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got gigabit but my router isn't playing nice. Ordered all new cat6 cabling so I'll see Wednesday if that fixes it (desktop capping at 100Mbps)

Although if I direct connect....

received_10155539396417532.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Which router did you get? What lan adapter do you have in your PC (or what motherboard, I should say)?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Killer e2400 adapter, Asus ac1900 (rc-68u or something).

The killer guys said 99% of the time it's bad cables, something about how they'll work fine until you get up to gigabit and the problems manifest .

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While calling about my internet pricing to consider cutting cable, I found I can go from 300 to 400 MB internet for $20 less.... nice one Spectrum

I'm considering Sling or DirecTV Now because of the channels my kids watch (Disney/Nick Jr). Between the two I think I'll rule out Sling because you can't log into hardly any TV Everywhere apps with their service and we use those apps almost exclusively in our house.

AT&T did this to me. Had some super shitty 6MB legacy plan they didn't even offer anymore for $50 a month. Found out I could get 50MB instead for the same price...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AT&T did this to me. Had some super shitty 6MB legacy plan they didn't even offer anymore for $50 a month. Found out I could get 50MB instead for the same price...
How long did you live with the 6MB plan before calling? Did you really just think there was no other options? Lol...