Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And so it begins. There is a part of me that hopes this things rips through Congress like wildfire. I know I shouldn't, but most of them really do deserve it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Spoke with my GP about this. Dropped daily low dose aspirin. Wondering about lisinopril (ace inhibitor).
Also there is a decent chance our dogs are harboring covid19.

Be wary of lisinopril. Lots of people are allergic to it. Watch yourself for unusual swelling.

Wary, not afraid. It works great if you're not allergic to it. But it seems like 1 in 5 people are. I don't know if that's accurate, but it seems that way.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
From the world of private EMS:

Today we have locked down 7 of the 9 exterior entrances to our building. At the two remaining entrances, we have a full-time person (EMT or Medic) dressed in full PPE asking screening questions and taking the temperatures of every single person entering the building. Even when they are coming back from lunch or a smoke break. ALL electronic badge-entrys have been turned off. You used to be able to wave a company badge in front of a panel and the door would beep and unlock for you, this function has been turned off for all employees including the executive staff. Everyone entering the building must now present a company badge AND be medically screened.

Our Inventory/Supply coordinator (who is a total cunt from hell but who I have to admit is actually good at her job) has told the leadership staff that fully half of our regularly inventoried supplies are now on backorder. This includes masks, goggles, gowns, gloves, disinfectant spray, and the little plastic guards for taking ear temperatures... among many other items including some drugs. We have already switched from Lidocaine to Amiodarone.

A chain of nursing homes in the area which covers approx 5-6 locations is now not allowing any of our personnel to enter their facilities without 'wearing a mask'. You can tell the email they sent out was not written by a medical professional. They do not define if this 'mask' required is supposed to a a basic surgical mask or an actual N-95 mask. They also will not be providing these masks and ask us to use our own. I foresee this creating a problem as our own supplies are dwindling, as I am sure theirs are as well.

I'm sure they believe they are doing the right thing, but I predict at least one if not more old person being left in our ambulance in the parking lot for hours while our crew is not allowed to enter the facility and a rushed meeting by Nursing Home executives is held over Skype to figure out how to solve the problem.

We all knew it was going to get worse before it got better.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Trying to take a stab at this. I tried to pull the info from reliable sources, and of course the numbers are constantly being adjusted but:

China claims no new locally transmitted coronavirus cases (first time since contagion began). China has employed totalitarian lockdown of Wuhan, and much of Hubei Province. With less strict, but still much stricter than US policy quarantines and procedures in other areas of China. Info is hard to come by and suspect at best, especially considering they tried to cover up the initial outbreak.

Singapore and Hong Kong have somehow managed the pandemic better than every other first world country (sovereignty) by a mile. Both announced their first confirmed case on January 23rd. Hong Kong has 4 confirmed deaths, Singapore has 0. Both are employing targeted quarantines with very strict rules while allowing regular commerce and personal activity to continue. Going as far as requiring ankle bracelets and phone monitoring apps to track movements and alert authorities in real time of compliance failures.

Germany has taken a much more lax approach opting to curfew the public rather than shut down commerce entirely. Only gathering places like Museums and Gyms are closed. Restaurants, Hair Salons, etc are allowed to continue to operate. While their new cases are growing at expected rates with no real quarantine action, with 12k+ confirmed cases, they've somehow managed to keep death rates low, at 28 confirmed. Germany's first case was January 27th and their contagion rate is alarming, but they seem to be managing cases better than almost any other country out there.

Italy is a dumpster fire and Spain is quickly turning into one as well with Spain's first case confirmed on January 31st. Spain and Italy are now both unconcerned with their economies as the pandemics have clearly gotten out of hand and people are dying at alarming rates. Instituting strict quarantines.

South Korea had been as good as Hong Kong and Singapore, had a slight blip, but seems to be on the down trend again. They too have employed targeted quarantines and strict testing measures. South Korea has tested more than 270k people, roughly 5200 tests per 1 million people. By comparison the USA has performed 74 tests per 1 million people. South Korea is also using phone apps to track movements of infected, quarantined individuals. Commerce has not been shuttered or shut down.

The USA falls somewhere in the middle of all of this. Our major failing being lack of testing kits to effectively target quarantine and isolation efforts and a complete lack of support for our first line of defense, healthcare. Instead electing to flail at the wind by closing schools and other low risk institutions first and foremost while our politicians and leaders play the blame game and fight about whether or not it's racist to call it "Wuhan" or "Chinese" Coronavirus. 2 very big words.

India inexplicably has managed to, so far, remain virtually unscathed by COVID-19.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2.

TL;DR Nature does not believe it's an intentionally created bioweapon, but they do leave open the possibility (theory #3) of it having arisen/mutated spontaneously from the original SARS virus from an in-lab cell culture (meaning, it may still have arisen from Wuhan's BSL-4 lab). There is also evidence (older article) that the Chicoms knew about SARS-CoV-2 since at least December.

Thus the picture coming into view seems to be ineptitude led to release sometime in late November/early December; they attempted to cover up (poorly), but Pandora's box was already open.

• 1Like

Burns

Cross post from the other thread, if there are people here, just watching this thread.

Edit, embed is fucked for this:
Pasted this reply to the Musk post below, twitter.com/RiganoESQ/status/1240273631604809728

and all it will link is:

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Trying to take a stab at this. I tried to pull the info from reliable sources, and of course the numbers are constantly being adjusted but:

China claims no new locally transmitted coronavirus cases (first time since contagion began). China has employed totalitarian lockdown of Wuhan, and much of Hubei Province. With less strict, but still much stricter than US policy quarantines and procedures in other areas of China. Info is hard to come by and suspect at best, especially considering they tried to cover up the initial outbreak.

Singapore and Hong Kong have somehow managed the pandemic better than every other first world country (sovereignty) by a mile. Both announced their first confirmed case on January 23rd. Hong Kong has 4 confirmed deaths, Singapore has 0. Both are employing targeted quarantines with very strict rules while allowing regular commerce and personal activity to continue. Going as far as requiring ankle bracelets and phone monitoring apps to track movements and alert authorities in real time of compliance failures.

Germany has taken a much more lax approach opting to curfew the public rather than shut down commerce entirely. Only gathering places like Museums and Gyms are closed. Restaurants, Hair Salons, etc are allowed to continue to operate. While their new cases are growing at expected rates with no real quarantine action, with 12k+ confirmed cases, they've somehow managed to keep death rates low, at 28 confirmed. Germany's first case was January 27th and their contagion rate is alarming, but they seem to be managing cases better than almost any other country out there.

Italy is a dumpster fire and Spain is quickly turning into one as well with Spain's first case confirmed on January 31st. Spain and Italy are now both unconcerned with their economies as the pandemics have clearly gotten out of hand and people are dying at alarming rates. Instituting strict quarantines.

South Korea had been as good as Hong Kong and Singapore, had a slight blip, but seems to be on the down trend again. They too have employed targeted quarantines and strict testing measures. South Korea has tested more than 270k people, roughly 5200 tests per 1 million people. By comparison the USA has performed 74 tests per 1 million people. South Korea is also using phone apps to track movements of infected, quarantined individuals. Commerce has not been shuttered or shut down.

The USA falls somewhere in the middle of all of this. Our major failing being lack of testing kits to effectively target quarantine and isolation efforts and a complete lack of support for our first line of defense, healthcare. Instead electing to flail at the wind by closing schools and other low risk institutions first and foremost while our politicians and leaders play the blame game and fight about whether or not it's racist to call it "Wuhan" or "Chinese" Coronavirus. 2 very big words.

India inexplicably has managed to, so far, remain virtually unscathed by COVID-19.

Interesting.

Curfews seem to be counterproductive. They seem to force the population to all do whatever it is they do, in an even tighter and time-crunched and more confined way which seems to achieve the opposite of what we are trying to do: social distancing. Maybe Aunt Mable is always going to walk her dog at 11:00. But maybe I, as a younger person, can walk my dog at 23:00. But with a curfew in place, this discourages me from doing that and I am actually now almost forced into close proximity with Aunt Amble at 11:00.

Quarantines make sense, curfews do not. Then again it is Germany. Those mother fuckers haven't made sense in something like 150 years.

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Cross post from the other thread, if there are people here, just watching this thread.

Elon Musk is pretty much a fraud who speaks from a platform of mostly unearned credulity and should not be quoted, about anything, ever.

I'm sorry. I know that people love to think of him as some sort of Issac Newton type of figure, but the truth is that he is more akin to an L. Ron Hubbard type of figure.

• 5Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Elon Musk is pretty much a fraud who speaks from a platform of mostly unearned credulity and should not be quoted, about anything, ever.

I'm sorry. I know that people love to think of him as some sort of Issac Newton type of figure, but the truth is that he is more akin to an L. Ron Hubbard type of figure.

Weird, that's not the tweet I clicked on to link. Twitter done fucked me up.

It wont link the one from Gregory Rigano...

It keeps loading Musk's tweet instead of...
twitter.com/RiganoESQ/status/1240273631604809728

Burns

THE quote of the 21st Century.

The Embed is fucked, but I sorta fixed it...

Some small study in France is claiming antimalarial with a second drug cures it. It is purportedly peer reviewed and the Tweet links to the study.

Other thread has more, as I don't think many people are really going to jump over to this thread, it seem, and Dom done relinquished his mod tools.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Interesting.

Curfews seem to be counterproductive. They seem to force the population to all do whatever it is they do, in an even tighter and time-crunched and more confined way which seems to achieve the opposite of what we are trying to do: social distancing. Maybe Aunt Mable is always going to walk her dog at 11:00. But maybe I, as a younger person, can walk my dog at 23:00. But with a curfew in place, this discourages me from doing that and I am actually now almost forced into close proximity with Aunt Amble at 11:00.

Quarantines make sense, curfews do not. Then again it is Germany. Those mother fuckers haven't made sense in something like 150 years.

The curfews seem specifically for the restaurant and bar industry, effectively shutting them down after 6pm without taking measures that shut them down completely so they can still operate as a business.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Be wary of lisinopril. Lots of people are allergic to it. Watch yourself for unusual swelling.

Wary, not afraid. It works great if you're not allergic to it. But it seems like 1 in 5 people are. I don't know if that's accurate, but it seems that way.

That is bradykinin angioedema and not histamine related. ACE Inhibitors do cause angioedema in some patients.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I really hope this just becomes a thing forever, and have always wanted something like this. I don’t like going to theatres but my wife does. It wasn’t a big deal before we had a kid, a movie night would cost like $30, but now that we have to get a sitter it’s more like $70 and I fucking hate it. Having movie nights in someone’s home theatre would be so much more enjoyable and affordable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2.

TL;DR Nature does not believe it's an intentionally created bioweapon, but they do leave open the possibility (theory #3) of it having arisen/mutated spontaneously from the original SARS virus from an in-lab cell culture (meaning, it may still have arisen from Wuhan's BSL-4 lab). There is also evidence (older article) that the Chicoms knew about SARS-CoV-2 since at least December.

Thus the picture coming into view seems to be ineptitude led to release sometime in late November/early December; they attempted to cover up (poorly), but Pandora's box was already open.
Never attribute to conspiracy what can just as easily be attributed to incompetence.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users