Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if this was posted before, but just found this website which is my new go-to for COVID19 stats:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been trying for days to volunteer spare capacity at my business to help produce needed supplies in NY. Cant get anyone to actually return a call or email. I'm not sure the word "urgent" means what they think it means.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I have been trying for days to volunteer spare capacity at my business to help produce needed supplies in NY. Cant get anyone to actually return a call or email. I'm not sure the word "urgent" means what they think it means.
No one knows what they re doing. Policy directives change daily.

I dunno, maybe some communists will see this as a practical example of why government must remain limited. It's not rhetorical ideology, this is a practical effect of bloat and diffusion.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No one knows what they re doing. Policy directives change daily.

I dunno, maybe some communists will see this as a practical example of why government must remain limited. It's not rhetorical ideology, this is a practical effect of bloat and diffusion.
I totally get they are probably understaffed and overwhelmed. But don't then put the Governor on TV begging for help like this and splash it all over the websites. They have manpower to update the code but no manpower to answer the phones.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Have heard from multiple people around here that everyone is getting laid off. You have to consider I'm on a tourist island, and we suffer through shit like hurricanes with only a mild inconvenience. We suffered through all the red tide and blue green algae stuff the past few years, and things were fine.

Restaurants and resorts have pretty much let everyone go but bare minimum. A lot of the restaurants have closed completely, and quite a few of the resorts are considering it. This is the busiest month of the year. It's a ghost town. This is the month of the year we make the money that gets us through the rest of the year, but everyone has gone home early or not come at all.

Unemployment numbers are going to get absolutely insane.

Edit: Both the grocery stores on the island just cut back on hours they are going to be open, and even those people are getting their hours slashed.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have heard from multiple people around here that everyone is getting laid off. You have to consider I'm on a tourist island, and we suffer through shit like hurricanes with only a mild inconvenience. We suffered through all the red tide and blue green algae stuff the past few years, and things were fine.

Restaurants and resorts have pretty much let everyone go but bare minimum. A lot of the restaurants have closed completely, and quite a few of the resorts are considering it. This is the busiest month of the year. It's a ghost town. This is the month of the year we make the money that gets us through the rest of the year, but everyone has gone home early or not come at all.

Unemployment numbers are going to get absolutely insane.
Multiple news folks on Twitter are saying Trump is going to not continue the country to be shut down.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Multiple news folks on Twitter are saying Trump is going to not continue the country to be shut down.
While I feel like that is fairly likely, in a place like I am it's too late. All those people with travel plans that got cancelled, or went home early, aren't suddenly going to pick up and travel again. Those businesses are screwed. It's not just a 2 week closure in a place that depends on tourism while at the peak season. It's a completely destroyed year, where suddenly the money form this month that you need in September and October, our slowest months, isn't there.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

It is what he said in the press conference. He said this will not go on for 3-4 months like people are talking about. That we would no more at the end of the 15 days for the plan for how it ends.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It is what he said in the press conference. He said this will not go on for 3-4 months like people are talking about. That we would no more at the end of the 15 days for the plan for how it ends.
Think he also claimed it wouldnt be monthS.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, the top 2 floors of our hospital have just been converted to take Covid-19 patients, releasing up to 200 beds - problem is those beds are now no longer available for patients with other illnesses. This is the situation we find ourselves in and the worry is that whilst everyone focuses on Covid-19, so many other people are also going to die unnecessarily of unrelated illnesses.

• 2Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Insurance claims for visits go out. Insurance companies billing is running on a skeleton crew/closed or are just dicks/doctors hire a bunch of clueless outsourced overseas call center reps/65 year old women without clinical licenses who refuse to submit clinical documentation via anything but fax to bill their claims. Claims get processed slowly, cash stream back to the practice goes to shit.

FTFY.

I encourage those who believe the "insurance is bad" meme to spend a day in a UM department's shoes and look at the shit we have to deal with from providers.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Some new information came out today from Fannie Mae. There is a lot to unpack but the gist is they are trying to move as many Appraisals to Exterior/Drive By as possible. A lot of things will factor in like LTV/CLTV, Purchase or Refi etc. From what I can tell it will ultimately be at the Bank's discretion based on their risk assessment.

Basically good news for those looking to Refi, but do not want to have an Appraiser walking through their home.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While I feel like that is fairly likely, in a place like I am it's too late. All those people with travel plans that got cancelled, or went home early, aren't suddenly going to pick up and travel again. Those businesses are screwed. It's not just a 2 week closure in a place that depends on tourism while at the peak season. It's a completely destroyed year, where suddenly the money form this month that you need in September and October, our slowest months, isn't there.
I disagree it is too late. Too late for some definitely, but not too late to save the entire economy.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I disagree it is too late. Too late for some definitely, but not too late to save the entire economy.
I mean I agree that most places will be fine if business just gets back to normal, but this island is completely toast. Lots of business are going to go tits up this year. My store does 30k+ a week this time of year. This week we will be sub 10k. A lot of that money gets set aside for the second half of the year where we have no tourism and little business, there is going to be no money to set aside. Things opening back up won't bring back the tourists until next year. Nevermind servers at restaurants going from completely full all night to being lucky to work and get 2 tables. The island is covered in resorts. Places that would have 400 people right now have less than 20.

Most of the world will recover though

• 2Like