Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Oldbased

> Than U
Updated Xfinity removing data caps and opening all wifi hotspots and Uhaul offering 30 day free storage due to displacement/students Covid19.
I have 8000 deal threads to dig through. Will update any I've missed to the page one post of mine by midnight tonight( Monday )

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I stocked up on ammo and am ready to give my life if some dumbass tries to loot people's houses because they didnt stock up. I'm real worried.

Dude. It's Massachusetts. We don't riot or loot. We invite people in for scones and and a latte.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Updated Xfinity removing data caps and opening all wifi hotspots and Uhaul offering 30 day free storage due to displacement/students Covid19.
I have 8000 deal threads to dig through. Will update any I've missed to the page one post of mine by midnight tonight( Monday )

Glad I own my modem. And live in a neighborhood where most people think AOL is the internet.

Oldbased

> Than U
Glad I own my modem. And live in a neighborhood where most people think AOL is the internet.
Time Warner cable did it too before Spectrum. They always claimed that their use of your homes network didn't impact your personal speeds and it was in addition of the promised network speed but I found that at times to be horseshit. I just tested my fiber 986/772. Not sure I would even notice if someone was leeching it lol.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Military and DoD civilians are limited to 50 miles from their assigned station. If they normally live further then that is authorized but they should only be traveling to work when told to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
  • 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
With Ohio and Illinois doing it, I figured we wouldn’t be far behind.

74C03418-16FC-4439-9341-D33861BA35A7.jpeg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
With Ohio and Illinois doing it, I figured we wouldn’t be far behind.

View attachment 254527
Will be interesting to see what restaurants will be doing to start instituting takeout services.

There's not much collective upside to stopping a food business from running and providing customers with food. It's basically a public service and has constrained risk of infection.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My cousin who lives in Madrid just posted that their quarantine and lock downs are now police enforced. No one is allowed to leave their homes at this point.

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Macron speaking nationwide today at 8pm.

Spoiler alert: France moving to an Italy-style complete shutdown (no going outdoor except for essential services/purchases) by Wednesday morning.

(most of my friends suddenly had to run to the stores this midday to get some supplies... raughinprepper.gif)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My cousin who lives in Madrid just posted that their quarantine and lock downs are now police enforced. No one is allowed to leave their homes at this point.

Yes because stupid people are going about life as normal and ignoring the mandates. Like the idiots here in the US going out to bars to drink all day.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Called doctors office. My story and symptoms fit exactly for a person to test for corona. They have no kits in my city, so they are putting the request into Boston for a kit. They will call me in when it arrives.

I feel MUCH better today. Headache is minor, not coughing as much. Aches are still there. 99.5 was my temp.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Called doctors office. My story and symptoms fit exactly for a person to test for corona. They have no kits in my city, so they are putting the request into Boston for a kit. They will call me in when it arrives.

I feel MUCH better today. Headache is minor, not coughing as much. Aches are still there. 99.5 was my temp.

Just in case: Remember that if it is Corona and you recover from it: You will still be a carrier. Don't take it as a sign of an all-clear

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Boston denied sending the kit. They need direct proof that I came in contact with someone that had the virus. That coupled with me being able to work from home anyway, they just ask me to quarantine myself for two weeks. Couple that with me feeling a lot better today makes no sense for them to waste the resources.

I can self quarantine with no backlash of any sort.
I am not in a high risk bracket.
I'm getting better.
No proof of contact.

Guess I'll just play some MWH today and back to business tomorrow.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What you survived?????

I know right!

I REALLY hope I do not have the virus. My mother is a senior that lives with me. Though she is tough as nails, I in no way want to take that chance.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 8 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I know right!

I REALLY hope I do not have the virus. My mother is a senior that lives with me. Though she is tough as nails, I in no way want to take that chance.

Sounds like it was, thankfully, just something run of the mill. Glad you are feeling better and good luck to working at home :)