Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Have you seen the United States? Have you left your house since the first confirmed case on January 20th?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Governor Baker in MA shutdown all schools and restaurants are takeout only until April 17th. Dropping the hammer
Seems safe, because if any group has the means of getting a test it is the Short Order Cooks of America and their minimum wage. I just don't see why anyone would order any food from any restaurant right now.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Have you seen the United States? Have you left your house since the first confirmed case on January 20th?

The point is, in order to avoid becoming Italy you have to take steps before there is an actual manifest crisis. Everyone staying home and then nothing happening is exactly the target outcome.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The point is, in order to avoid becoming Italy you have to take steps before there is an actual manifest crisis.
Exactly, what could be lost from and over reaction is minimal when you compare it to what could be lost from an under reaction.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The point is, in order to avoid becoming Italy you have to take steps before there is an actual manifest crisis. Everyone staying home and then nothing happening is exactly the target outcome.

Yea, and that was what was being discussed. Hopeful but skeptical. This is where we are whether we like it or not so let's hope for the best.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Illinois just followed Ohio I’m closing down all bars and restaurants.

CDC just released new guidelines that all events 60 or more should be canceled

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oklahoma issues a state of emergency, not entirely sure what that entails but I imagine schools will be closing soon

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Illinois just followed Ohio I’m closing down all bars and restaurants.

CDC just released new guidelines that all events 60 or more should be canceled

I just saw this. Holy shit. You know the national guard is about to be mobilized in both places to enforce this.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Try to keep discussions here to actual verifiable events, shutdowns, cdc recommendations etc. Ancedotal stories of family etc are fine, board members who become ill.

BUT the other thread should be used anytime you are wanting to theorycraft and play crisis management expert

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just saw this. Holy shit. You know the national guard is about to be mobilized in both places to enforce this.
I stocked up on ammo and am ready to give my life if some dumbass tries to loot people's houses because they didnt stock up. I'm real worried.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oklahoma issues a state of emergency, not entirely sure what that entails but I imagine schools will be closing soon

No gatherings larger than 50 (maybe 60?) and all city run buildings/business are running as skeleton a crew as possible were my big takeaways from it. Still no word on schools extending spring break (my daughter's specifically sent one out Friday saying they had no plans at present to extend) and no talk of anything enforced. Suggested quarantine as much as possible, doubly so if you are in the at risk bucket (elderly etc.). Probably more to come on that but that's the only concrete stuff so far.

::EDIT:: For the next 2 weeks as of now.

I know the company I work for has been strictly anti-WFH until last week when all of sudden half of my department is "trialing" it and it will continue this week. I'm all set if we get the word but no updates as of yet so my expectation is back in the office tomorrow.

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When this is over-- in 18 months. Because, by the way, flattening the curve doesn't change the total number of patients, just the rate at which they rise, helping adjust patients to resources (in other words to help keep hospitals from being overwhelmed). It delays things. Until there is a viable treatment or a vaccine-- BUT WAIT, only 91% of adolescents in the US are vaccinated anyway because there is this pseudoscience that vaccines cause autism BS), the virus is not going away.

We will come out of this unholy mess without a country. Broken, without restaurants or stores or functional schools.

It is true-- this will kill a bunch of people... probably one million. But that will happen regardless. It's just a matter of how long this will take. The problem with the flattening of the curve model is that you can alter the slope of the curve as long as you maintain quarantine. This coronavirus is so infectious that all members of a bus that rode with one infected individual got infected. Washing hands and trying to not touch your face are smart practices. Gloves and masks when around an infected individual, a good idea. But this virus will still infect (especially since it seems able to become infectious before symptoms occur).

We have to treat this like we are at war. But we have to try to maintain some semblance of life and productivity. If not, how can we recover from the devastating effects of a world with no social economy?

Didn't blazin just say to keep shit posts in the shit thread?

We have a fixed amount of medical infrastructure and ventilators. Think about it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
When this is over-- in 18 months. Because, by the way, flattening the curve doesn't change the total number of patients, just the rate at which they rise, helping adjust patients to resources (in other words to help keep hospitals from being overwhelmed). It delays things. Until there is a viable treatment or a vaccine-- BUT WAIT, only 91% of adolescents in the US are vaccinated anyway because there is this pseudoscience that vaccines cause autism BS), the virus is not going away.

We will come out of this unholy mess without a country. Broken, without restaurants or stores or functional schools.

It is true-- this will kill a bunch of people... probably one million. But that will happen regardless. It's just a matter of how long this will take. The problem with the flattening of the curve model is that you can alter the slope of the curve as long as you maintain quarantine. This coronavirus is so infectious that all members of a bus that rode with one infected individual got infected. Washing hands and trying to not touch your face are smart practices. Gloves and masks when around an infected individual, a good idea. But this virus will still infect (especially since it seems able to become infectious before symptoms occur).

We have to treat this like we are at war. But we have to try to maintain some semblance of life and productivity. If not, how can we recover from the devastating effects of a world with no social economy?

for the last time, this is for updates and information. Take covid theorycrafting to the other thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Here's the full text of the MA decree:
Screen-Shot-2020-03-15-at-7.47.30-PM$large.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-03-15-at-7.48.51-PM$large.jpg