Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yup, and a major disruption of those flows is going to fuck shit up.
I spent the entire day crunching cash burn rate to see how long we can keep the doors open. There is going to be a major cash freeze. The first thing to not get paid are going to be vendors. Its going to cascade along the entire economy. We are well and truly fucked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Brother works at WB Mason and estimated half of their entire workforce was furloughed today
...woof.

That's a lot of fucking people.

I bet a ton of that business doesn't come back once companies realize how much money they save from not having to buy papertowels, TP and printer paper for everyone in the office.

EDIT: That's gotta just be the hourly workforce though right? Warehouse, shipping, etc. They can't really cut sales, etc.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Getting in on this sew my own mask movement. The sooner we get masks normalized the better.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Yeah even GrabaGun is looking lean.

Wolf had to ease up some today in PA. He had to revise the definition of life-sustaining. Pressure from legions of buisness owners and licensed professionals, no doubt.

So there's some hope that a balance can be achieved--but in time to mitigate virus and allow for productivity? I dunno.

The thing is, even if PA and IL and NY and CA and WA achieve some sort of equilibrium, what about all the states that are screwing around? I don't think this can be swiss-cheesed. It'll just cause another wave of outbreak by the end of spring.
GrabAGun is not doing any instore transfers either...so even if you live down the street, they are forcing you to ship it somewhere.

We've done so many transfers from them this week its not even funny.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's hard to imagine politicians being so clueless about the country and citizens they are charged with leading that they believed a voluntary quarantine would just work. So they instituted half measure after half measure and kept shifting the goal posts as people shifted where they were congregating until we found ourselves here. And now they HAVE to go all in otherwise they gambled with American jobs and livelihoods for absolutely no reason. And going all in is unlikely to work as well, because we need a cure fast as a full shutdown is unsustainable.

Once again we as citizens are tasked with sacrificing freedoms, bearing the brunt of economic meltdown and expected to accept the failings of government. All while test kits apparently could have been in production all this time and the mass shutdowns completely avoided had our government just done its fucking job. I honestly can't tell if this is incompetence, or if this is political protection of corporate interests because money talks and greed has no remorse. It's probably a mix of both.

The American people have been failed, and heads should roll. But something tells me people are going to toe party lines and fuel the bottomless chasm that partisan politics has become. After all our President is nothing more than a talking head TV personality with no political experience who thinks he's doing a good job with this unmitigated disaster. And the entire democratic party is filled with cowards who prefer fear mongering and hand-wringing to policy creation and actual political reform. We have no good options.

Great post and this was a complete failure at all levels. Part of the reason we elected Trump was lack of political experience so I have no problem with that.
Heads should roll but they never do. The person Trump put in to lead the taskforce was a lifelong politician from a family of politicians. Neither side of Congress has done more and they are mostly lifelong politicians. Being a TV personality wasn't the primary failure here. It was a large bureaucracy with divided loyalties trying to do anything cohesively and quickly when their primary purpose is to provide value to the PACs who elected them...not the citizens. Their paid disinformation front push 100 agendas but not one of them is to protect the people. If we were a serious country, we'd hang every politician at news stations across the country...as we burned those stations down with every reporter we could find. But we aren't a serious country and we are lead by people who don;t have our interests at heart.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Guess they don't have the same motto as the US Mail Carriers.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor China Virus nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
PA Governor has ordered all non-life-sustaining business to close. It will be enforced this time. Philly is not excluded.

And now we are getting a Shelter In Place order.

Lots of fun.

All of the idiots from the cities who have vacation homes are here. Hope they brought supplies, all of the stores are picked clean.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor China Virus nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

Today my pickup usps guy was loading packages but i had some i didn't finish and would have to drop at the post office and I was joking that it would be closed soon too and he looks at me and says completely deadass “we will never close we will never stop, people need their deliveries”

Probably the most patriotic thing I've heard in a while

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Today my pickup usps guy was loading packages but i had some i didn't finish and would have to drop at the post office and I was joking that it would be closed soon too and he looks at me and says completely deadass “we will never close we will never stop, people need their deliveries”

Probably the most patriotic thing I've heard in a while

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, motherfuckers.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
...woof.

That's a lot of fucking people.

I bet a ton of that business doesn't come back once companies realize how much money they save from not having to buy papertowels, TP and printer paper for everyone in the office.

EDIT: That's gotta just be the hourly workforce though right? Warehouse, shipping, etc. They can't really cut sales, etc.
Nope, he said they walked at least half of his office out. He heard one office walked 75% out. He's an operations manager so hes staying on, but his analysts were cut

Pops

I spent the entire day crunching cash burn rate to see how long we can keep the doors open. There is going to be a major cash freeze. The first thing to not get paid are going to be vendors. Its going to cascade along the entire economy. We are well and truly fucked.

They will just keep up the Yangbuck flow. Can't do much else with rates at zero. Maybe they can finally get the inflation they so desperately need.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Nope, he said they walked at least half of his office out. He heard one office walked 75% out. He's an operations manager so hes staying on, but his analysts were cut

Fiance also was at WB Mason and was giving walking papers yesterday. This wasn't a 'we are furloughing people for the duration...' sort of thing , it was full on severance + PTO payout. I guess they had been wanting to do a total restructuring of the company for awhile and saw this as the best opportunity to do so.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider

Policy for USPS carriers is to now hand a form 3849 to the customer, have the customer sign with their own pen/pencil and then have them hold the paper extended out for the carrier to scan. Customer keeps the form, and carrier leaves package with customer.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Policy for USPS carriers is to now hand a form 3849 to the customer, have the customer sign with their own pen/pencil and then have them hold the paper extended out for the carrier to scan. Customer keeps the form.
Really?

I just looked at their website and it had a blurb about staying committed to delivering.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Really?

I just looked at their website and it had a blurb about staying committed to delivering.
sorry I wasn’t clear. They’re still delivering the packages that require signature, they’re just making sure customers sign a form and keep distance as opposed to signing on the scanner.

wasnt trying to contradict your post, just threw in the info I had as an employee
DBFA4048-7B0F-4807-8C7D-F23F1E7B6D32.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Getting in on this sew my own mask movement. The sooner we get masks normalized the better.
I'm not going out much but if I have to go out I'm wondering if I should wear

1584796714697.png

or if that's just totally ineffective and retarded.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You should definitely wear one of those. You'll look great.

• 2Worf

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
For those who have yet not been made aware...we at the hospital are now required to wear only one mask per shift unless visibly soiled. That is 8-16 hours. One mask. We have to fold it and place it outside a patient's room in a paper bag with our name on it. N95s are locked up. PAPR shields which used to not be cleanable are now "cleanable" due to not having stock. Entire wings in the hospitals are filled with PUI (person under investigation) while the ICU beds are filled with proned Covid patients.

They are now finding out that Covid-19 is in fecal matter, too. So that food you are eating from people? Hope they washed their hands. =P

If you are hoarding a stash of masks, please go take them to the hospital.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users