Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
So are you the first confirmed case of a board member getting it?

What did they treat you with? Were you hospitalized?
I can’t say. I guess so if nobody else has posted otherwise?

I wasn’t hospitalised and self medicated with paracetamol to keep my temperature in check. I got pretty rough in the second week and called 111. After a consultation they sent an ambulance out to check me over. They decided not to hospitalise me as my blood oxygen levels were good and my lungs appeared fairly clear. 2 days after I was on the mend.

For clarity, I live in the UK and work for the NHS. 111 is an NHS service that anyone in the UK can call if you have a medical issue that you want advice about or that you feel is not serious enough to warrant a 999 call.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
For clarity, I live in the UK and work for the NHS. 111 is an NHS service that anyone in the UK can call if you have a medical issue that you want advice about or that you feel is not serious enough to warrant a 999 call.

I was totally about to ask about that. Were you a precog before the plague or is that a new development?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I had heard the same thing so I tried searching, the top 3 results included 1 positive study, 1 negative study, and 1 inconclusive study all released/reported on in the last week of April. So, cool cool cool.
All the studies show that it reduces the viral load significantly faster, we don't know yet if the outcome are better. At worst, it just makes you less contagious and you recover faster, but it doesn't help if you were going to need ICU/die.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fuck this. It'll likely happen up here if it's happening down there. I might move back to Ohio for the summer.

Really gonna be feeling that 1 minute commute from my bed into work when they finally tell us to come back in

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Twitter announced today that employees are no longer required to go into the office. Even after this is over. WFH is an option for everyone.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Twitter announced today that employees are no longer required to go into the office. Even after this is over. WFH is an option for everyone.
I don't want to assume anything but Dell is trending towards that idea as well

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't want to assume anything but Dell is trending towards that idea as well

I feel like it's going to kneejerk the other way after a year or two. There's an actual term, which I forget, that describes how when workers get a large perk such as less hours, work from home, ect they vastly over-perform for a certain period of time (I think it's in the months timeframe cant' remember) but then fall into the routine and start to game the system - and working from home makes it particularly easy to game the system. Productivity eventually starts to plummet.

We'll see though

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel like it's going to kneejerk the other way after a year or two. There's an actual term, which I forget, that describes how when workers get a large perk such as less hours, work from home, ect they vastly over-perform for a certain period of time (I think it's in the months timeframe cant' remember) but then fall into the routine and start to game the system - and working from home makes it particularly easy to game the system. Productivity eventually starts to plummet.

We'll see though
That's probably true. I hammered out work the first month and now I'm back to my old pace. There are definitely people at work doing nothing

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I could never get away with doing nothing. The tech enterprise sales life. Never-ending. Unless you work with a company that's going down the shitter. Then sales is really easy because you're not selling shit. You're just in a depressing environment.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I could never get away with doing nothing. The tech enterprise sales life. Never-ending. Unless you work with a company that's going down the shitter. Then sales is really easy because you're not selling shit. You're just in a depressing environment.

but you could get away with being 15-20% less productive for a long while, average that out for the entire work from home workforce and you've got an assfucked company

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I could get away with "damn boss I spent the entire day yesterday trying to debug the code"

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I had heard the same thing so I tried searching, the top 3 results included 1 positive study, 1 negative study, and 1 inconclusive study all released/reported on in the last week of April. So, cool cool cool.

The latest study I saw led to it causing more deaths & increased severity of symptoms.

In researching this treatment, I'd pay attention to sources outside of the US because of the Trump effect.

If I were to request anything right now, it'd be a placebo.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
When we get to the point that everyone has to just request their own medication, then we are truly fucked.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Unless we can make it political and trick libtards into requesting the medicine that is poison. Then we're all saved.

• 2Worf

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
There have many doctors that have come out and said they are using the combo with great results if used early. This Dr. Has been promoting it for some time and still is. I think I would try his recommended dose before I tried the the new remdesivir. Hopefully I'll never need either.

On a side note we border Illinois on the Iowa side and the county over have changed the way they report positive cases. Now if you test positive everyone you live with is automatically added as a positive case. I'm not sure if this is a county only policy or all of the state but expect a rise in price cases.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There have many doctors that have come out and said they are using the combo with great results if used early. This Dr. Has been promoting it for some time and still is. I think I would try his recommended dose before I tried the the new remdesivir. Hopefully I'll never need either.

On a side note we border Illinois on the Iowa side and the county over have changed the way they report positive cases. Now if you test positive everyone you live with is automatically added as a positive case. I'm not sure if this is a county only policy or all of the state but expect a rise in price cases.
That's kinda retarded as the likelyhood is under 25% according to all studies so far...

• 2Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
My aunt is an ER doc in Tulsa. I haven't wanted to bug her too much with everything going on but I'll ask her what they are doing for treatment, what they've tried, and what's worked and what hasn't worked. She's always been non-political so should be able to get objective answers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

That is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. That all but confirms they're padding numbers for govt funding

• 2Like

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's kinda retarded as the likelyhood is under 25% according to all studies so far...

That is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. That all but confirms they're padding numbers for govt funding

At the very least it's going to be used to justify extended shutdowns. We both work for the federal government and technically in Illinois, my wife is part of the committee that will transition the base back to work. The plan is to lag behind the state by about 2 weeks but at this point they wont be back to work until 2022.. I'm essential and actually enjoy how little traffic is here now. 😀