Counterpart

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I didn't understand the significance of the coffee mug stains?

Because the copies had coffee mug stains from his coffee mug. He had the originals in his safe. Thus he knew that the mole was taking shit from his personal safe and his wife was the spy.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The face to face was money. Ending not really that surprising, but curious where it ends up.

Merrith

Heh, Action Howard rendered literally speechless. That was awesome, just his expression during that rant ;p

This is why its great for JK Simmons to get this series. Just watching him crush both parts in that scene was fantastic.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I'm irrationally irritated to see Baldwin wake up from ONS, grab her crap and immediately leave without getting her gun from under the bed, and then even come back for snuggles without even a "feel to see if gun is there" shot. Its either a horrendous production error or crappy story telling.

spronk

FPS noob
i think that was the shittiest terrorist plan i have ever seen on TV

"first we kill a bunch of randos, then we run away."

i mean in 15 seconds i can think of a dozen better "fuck you, other world" plans. Like get on national TV with your double and explain there is a second world that has been hidden away. boom, world explodes into panic.

bring over the flu and expose hundreds of people and watch millions die, duh too obvious

bring over the dupe of President Trump and a few other leaders, execute them on live TV. Sow confusion.

their version of Europeans are even more limp dicked than ours i guess

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Does anyone else not really buy JK Simmons as good Howard? He plays an asshole very well but whenever he's trying to be sincere or genuinely emotional he seems so flat and hollow to me. Anyway as others have said the show is really quite slow and the characters themselves don't help with that as there isn't really anyone to root for or care about. My favorite episode was #2 as the shared origin of those two women clicked fairly well for me but that was the last time I gave a crap about scarface and that stupid sad puppy dog look that she always wears. Past that episode she should have only ever showed up when relevant to the plot instead of being used to kill time whenever possible like she does.

It's also a bit odd how low tech both worlds are, it could have been set in an age before computers for all the difference it would really make to the story so far. That said, at least it's blessedly free of the ubiquitous hacker guy/gal that only ever exists to facilitate whatever the main characters want to do at any given time like usual.

Malakriss

Those guards were useless, you're in probably the most secret installation ever where your world can literally be invaded without anyone outside the building even knowing it was possible and that's your security?

Also I was figuring they had a bomb and were going to blow up the tunnel, one guy was there to secure it for one of the others to come down with the explosives after but it seems like they intentionally let the big name and a couple others live.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ex-genj

Golden Squire
The targeting there of people was uh strange to say the least. Weird episode. Hope the next does better. And FYI its in 2 weeks. FFS.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Agree, I believe the deliberate targeting of some in the office was intentional as well.

Two weeks before the finale?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why did the ginger one walk right past Quayle's father-in law?

They don’t know Quayle’s wife has been compromised and the father-in-law is key to ensure Quayle keeps moving up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
they only targeted liberals because they are alt-right nazi's from another dimension

like you know ginger beardy at the end is a vegan

Caliane

yeah, probably less about who they were, but instead, who their counterparts were.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think we are going to find out that they targeted very very specific people.

Finally watched it but this is likely the case. What I don't get is that after such a thing that side is going to suss out what's going on. Especially since Howard saved one.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Honestly at this point expecting Alpha Emily to wake up and drop a bombshell. Alpha Howard is not as simplistic as he seems or something. That has been more or less implied by us being told a few times that people's others are not that different.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It feels a lot like a John LeCarre book. I wouldn't expect crazy twists. Last episode it just felt like sowing chaos and stealing information.

Simmons is killing it and so are others of the cast. Loving the slow pace.