Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They wanted $7k for everything.

We offered $1k, which was more than it was worth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
i saw some people posting in the old forum that they asked for too much, did you end up publicizing the asking price somewhere here?
Yeah I didn't post the price they paid but did post our offer and their counter.

We offered $1k and they countered with $7k.

• 1Like

kudos

<Banned>
Tell him to enjoy his losses. In a year he will be lucky to get $300.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
$7k for a bunch of old posts?

I see he still has a terrible concept of what the board is worth. He's doubled down on stupid with that purchase.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
ROFL 7k holy shit. Dude is retarded. 1k was a generous offer considering the site is a ghost town now.

• 2Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It means either he thought we were suckers, or he was a huge sucker and desperately trying to mitigate a significant, 5 figures, loss.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well it's not like he cares what happens to the forum anyway, could have made a grand on it at least and still not give a shit.

• 2Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I seriously doubt he'll be putting this particular acquisition on his resume, s'all I'm sayin'.

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Thing is they're thinking about turning rerollled.org into a TABLETOP GAMING site.

Now before you laugh, fact is "Rerolled.org" is an EXCELLENT domain name for a site dedicated to pen-and-paper gaming. And considering how much they'd have to pay for a squatted domain like "tabletop.com" or "penandpaper.com" or whatever, they prolly lucked out with paying 21k+ for rerolled.org.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Only problem is that url will be forever haunted with its past. If you know what I mean. ;)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
We are all gonna die laughing when we find out Craig found a way to monetize tranny dicks.

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
There must be some new generation of touchy-feelie SJW tabletop gaming faggots, because in my day when I slew hordes of whiny cunts with my Tyranid armies every thursday night at Emperor's Headquarters in Chicago, not even 4chan can boast of a bigger squad of dedicated libertarian trolls.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Has a company buying a tight knit website ever worked out? I remember in the EQ heyday Sunmoon of the rangers glade selling to some big site for either $25k or $50k and soon after it shriveled up and went away with a few members starting another one somewhere else.

• 1Like

Jovec

?
It means either he thought we were suckers, or he was a huge sucker and desperately trying to mitigate a significant, 5 figures, loss.

All signs seem to indicate the $7K number would be a 50% - 66% loss.

• 2Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, he was going to take a haircut no matter how it played out.

I agree with Khorum, it is a good url for a tabletop gaming site, so mebbe he'll make his money back here in a few years after he's built up a new site, heavily promoted it on his current site, and built up a user base around it.

I wish him luck, honestly. He's a moron and didn't do his due diligence, but he's still a victim just like we were.

I don't want him to like get in a car accident or go bankrupt or anything, you know.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Has a company buying a tight knit website ever worked out? I remember in the EQ heyday Sunmoon of the rangers glade selling to some big site for either $25k or $50k and soon after it shriveled up and went away with a few members starting another one somewhere else.

If there was, it wasnt because they handled it the way we were handled.

Because they way we were handled should be taught in textbooks on how to NOT acquire online communities. In the week since we've discovered that Draegan sold us MONTHS EARLIER, we've improved on the platform, switched activity and traffic over by 3-1, and that's only because a few ppl stay logged on in both sites.

By this time next week, whatever value proposition there ever was in the COMMUNITY is gone and all he'd have is the value of the "rerolled.org" domain for some other project.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Column and Khane are still over there so maybe the site will make 1's of dollars because of them.

• 2Like