Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
If a_skeleton_03 had to sign an NDA before they would start discussing potential offers, why the fuck is everyone spreading the info about how much he offered?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe he never got the NDA and just made a flat offer.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If a_skeleton_03 had to sign an NDA before they would start discussing potential offers, why the fuck is everyone spreading the info about how much he offered?
How much I offered is not under NDA, the deal previous to ours is what is protected.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you're getting hosed if you pay 1k for that old board. OUAriakas bombfucked every forum with beueller posts 4 hours ago and nobody has posted since. poor Khane. i think Column gave up the ship already though, maybe he and Itzena went off together to make zika babies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
you're getting hosed if you pay 1k for that old board. OUAriakas bombfucked every forum with beueller posts 4 hours ago and nobody has posted since. poor Khane. i think Column gave up the ship already though, maybe he and Itzena went off together to make zika babies.
I'm pretty sure those zika babies would be an improvement over the stock.

• 2Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Khane is busy searching for other places to give marital advice

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Seriously though, we could use some more crazy. I was trying to get crazy khane over here, but dude thinks all the greatest novels ever written are encased in our old cuckboard's forums and is going to read them all in hopes of finding a way to catch pikachu.

$10 says Khane randomly pops up here one day from out of the blue and tries to slide into an ongoing conversation w/o anyone noticing.

I'm just saying, that domain is essentially worthless right now.

I'll edit my quote though.
In all seriousness, it's been essentially worthless for years now, LOL

• 5Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

I entirely agree with Khane in terms of the value of existing content, and his desire not to see it flushed forever. I don't agree with his "protest", but I can entirely see where he's coming from in terms of not wanting to see it lost. As someone that's spent four years writing thousands of posts, I am not eager to see it all erased over a measly thousand dollars. It's literal history, and many seem to not give a shit about it-- I don't get it. Just like many here are clamoring for old FoH posts, so too will they be for old rerolled posts a year for now when nostalgia and debates start to kick in.

Please get the rerolled content. We don't need to port everything, but the "popular" threads should be merged. if we don't buy the domain, then at least let's buy the database.

• 5Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We have three people I think that have scraped the site.

We have a DBA that has access into the current database and is testing ways to insert it via an automated script.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Heck, could probably run a version of their shitty forum software to make it easy to import and make it read only/archive. I doubt that's even necessary though.

At this point the only thing that even kinda matters is the domain.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I know yall laughed when I said this the first time, but we've got numbers floating around so I have to ask.

Putting aside specific offers for specific websites. Seriously, there are people or corporations who would pay a lot for a forum? In an era where no one ever sees an ad on the internet, I dont understand how a forum could be worth a lot. Is this real life or are you guys just fuckin around with these numbers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
We have three people I think that have scraped the site.

We have a DBA that has access into the current database and is testing ways to insert it via an automated script.

you keep talking like that and i'll want to insert it in you

• 5Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I entirely agree with Khane in terms of the value of existing content, and his desire not to see it flushed forever. I don't agree with his "protest", but I can entirely see where he's coming from in terms of not wanting to see it lost. As someone that's spent four years writing thousands of posts, I am not eager to see it all erased over a measly thousand dollars. It's literal history, and many seem to not give a shit about it-- I don't get it. Just like many here are clamoring for old FoH posts, so too will they be for old rerolled posts a year for now when nostalgia and debates start to kick in.

Please get the rerolled content. We don't need to port everything, but the "popular" threads should be merged. if we don't buy the domain, then at least let's buy the database.

Yeah, it's only a matter of personal philosophy. I remember my posts for anywhere between 1 minute and 1 day. Anything older than a day I tend not to give a shit about. Whatever my opinion of X topic was Y months ago was probably stupid, so I just attach less significance to it.

I don't think anyone is actually AGAINST getting the rerolled content, and I think it's mostly been grabbed in a real jury-rigged fashion. It's only a matter of what it's worth. It's putting a dollar figure on it. The community is worth something but the detrius that the community produces is worth far less. And sure, in all reality it's probably worth about a thousand just for sentimentality. And yeah, the domain name is worth a little something just so we can throw up a redirect and not lose lurkers.

There's an opportunity cost to everything though. 1k will buy a_skeleton_03 a fair amount of xboxes.

Like 2 of them.

• 1Like

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I know yall laughed when I said this the first time, but we've got numbers floating around so I have to ask.

Putting aside specific offers for specific websites. Seriously, there are people or corporations who would pay a lot for a forum? In an era where no one ever sees an ad on the internet, I dont understand how a forum could be worth a lot. Is this real life or are you guys just fuckin around with these numbers?

Whether it applies to this deal or not, a lot is peanuts for site purchases. The value is highly relative to why it's being bought though. IMO RR had to have been bought for the unique visits we brought for ad revenue, and the possibility we'd visit other sites in the network at an increased level.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont want mrs gravy to lose her husbands posts, ya know because they mean a lot to her.

look at it this way. out of 9,412 threads on rerolled over 4 years. we have only 7 threads in the SS HoF and only 13 in the RR HoS.
just 0.21% of that entire board was worth remembering. throw in pgt and cooking thread and a few others you still dont even get 1% of the content.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users