Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Chaos and Tarrant have no chance in hell of being voted in. I suspect they probably know that and will spare themselves the embarrassment of running in the first place.

Chaos overturned both times I was stupidly rick shawed by Tuco. He at least took the time to listen to reason before making his decision.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like how we're the bad guys because we didn't swear fealty to Craig. He buys the forum without any input or knowledge on the community's side and we're horrible for looking out for ourselves instead of ensuring Craig's impulsive and poorly researched purchase is a success.

And Craig is either over-simplifying things or doesn't understand why we left if he thinks it was just because "someone else took ownership". Someone was going to take ownership either way if Draegan no longer wanted to run things. But having there be a change in ownership without informing the community does not do a lot to inspire trustworthiness, particularly when you're found out and it's only then that you try to jump in with assurances. Had they been upfront with the sale and Craig actually outlined what he had planned for the boards, we might still be posting there. It isn't a change in ownership that caused us to jump ship, it was the poor way they choose to handle the change.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Chaos and Tarrant have no chance in hell of being voted in. I suspect they probably know that and will spare themselves the embarrassment of running in the first place.

I wish i could share your expectations, but give me a minute to introduce you to this fine battered housewive internet community i just met on the intarwebz...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kudos

<Banned>
I like how we're the bad guys because we didn't swear fealty to Craig. He buys the forum without any input or knowledge on the community's side and we're horrible for looking out for ourselves instead of ensuring Craig's impulsive and poorly researched purchase is a success.

And Craig is either over-simplifying things or doesn't understand why we left if he thinks it was just because "someone else took ownership". Someone was going to take ownership either way if Draegan no longer wanted to run things. But having there be a change in ownership without informing the community does not do a lot to inspire trustworthiness, particularly when you're found out and it's only then that you try to jump in with assurances. Had they been upfront with the sale and Craig actually outlined what he had planned for the boards, we might still be posting there. It isn't a change in ownership that caused us to jump ship, it was the poor way they choose to handle the change.
The place was on a downward spiral before it got sold. Their moderation team killed it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just make sure your voice is heard during mod elections. Nominate candidated you trust, give voice to why you want them versus someone else, and vote.

The community will is the decider now.

• 2Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider

Democracy is a terrible form of government. The average poster in this community is mentally incapable of selecting competent leadership. Look no further than the requests to keep the old mod team!

a_skeleton_03 fronted the cash. The smart choice would be for him to rule as a benevolent dictator.

Should he prove to be incompetent we can abandon this board for a new one and shame his failure.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just make sure your voice is heard during mod elections. Nominate candidated you trust, give voice to why you want them versus someone else, and vote.

Well Jihodj ill prolly be running for janitor just cause im unemployed and not us-based atm resulting in earlier online times to check in on this very board.
Guess i could clean up as well while checking in then. Though i doubt i will rally up enough support anyway. Unfortunatly not much is decided upon the upvoming elections like date or length of terms for example.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Part of me wishes that the people at the MMORPG forums played en masse on an PVP EQ server, or maybe in EVE, because I'd honestly be all for creating a guild/corp and making their collective lives as miserable as possible. But it seems like they're all over the place when it comes to what games they play, even more than we are currently.

I will actually consider playing Pantheon if they have sandbox PVP and MMORPG has a forum guild over there. I don't think either is likely...I'm not even sure Pantheon will ever see the light of day...I'm just saying.

Convo on!

• 2Like

Warflagon

Peasant
....... The average poster in this community is mentally incapable of selecting competent leadership.........

Yeah, I have no idea who the mods are, were, what they do or why, so this above is very true for me.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Well Jihodj ill prolly be running for janitor just cause im unemployed and not us-based atm resulting in earlier online times to check in on this very board.
Guess i could clean up as well while checking in then. Though i doubt i will rally up enough support anyway. Unfortunatly not much is decided upon the upvoming elections like date or length of terms for example.

RIP your enjoyment of the forums* :(

*unless you can be like Soygen and do as little as possible. Always be like Soygen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
It's just a popularity contest.

Known and popular names will be voted in.
At some point someone known and popular will get shawed a bit too often and will raise a stink, as a result someone is going to get fired from the mod team.

Doesn't mean bad people will be mod, but what's above is essentially what will happen.

• 2Like

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

get a job instead

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This drama with mmorpg.com is totally news worthy somewhere. This has to be unique in social media business - an entire community just up and moving after a sale?

This happened to the Tarew Marr server board years ago with exactly the same result. Moral of the story is that if you think you "own" a community because you own the site they post on you are mistaken and if you buy that site from someone then you are a moron.

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
OKxDgz0.png

• 18Like
Reactions: 17 users