Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why automate it? Hodj is more than capable of hand crafting thousands(?) of emails.

Took me a minute

At_23a60c_886842.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
hodj could sign each email with a unique explanation of how he didn't abuse his mod powers.

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Erronius Erronius Profile -> Preferences -> Options section, first toggle has a sub toggle "and receive email notifications of replies" uncheck that.

The alerts sections is solely for the alerts within the forum, this does not effect email spam so you can turn all of those back on.
Think I'd already tried that. Fortunately I just screencapped some settings and sent them to a_skeleton_03 a few minutes ago. I need to go get ready for work, but I'm going to try manually un-watching a couple threads via email when I get home later, bumping them, and seeing if that works.

http://i.imgur.com/66AUb7Q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VVu6eIg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/m7cEnDc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mvgw26g.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mvgw26g.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I told Erronius Erronius already but I don't think unchecking that retroactively removes it from watched threads.

So if you are getting spammed check the threads you are getting spammed about and uncheck it there.

I did switch to a different email address since it was coming from my personal one.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You fags are gonna have to find someone else to do your bitch work, sorry bros.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I told Erronius Erronius already but I don't think unchecking that retroactively removes it from watched threads.

So if you are getting spammed check the threads you are getting spammed about and uncheck it there.

I'm not seeing where/how to unwatch a thread.

Oldbased

> Than U
I got the mail. Only one I ever got I can see. It was right next to how I could make my penis 5 inches larger though. Sorry, I went with the penis email instead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok, all the emails from RR have been sent out. I am curious if anyone who was registered there, had 10+ posts and had a valid email address did not get one. I am afraid that spam-filters got activated partially through the email blast.
naw that won't activate spam filters only if it's sent from a known "bad" ip address/server do filters get rustled.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
naw that won't activate spam filters only if it's sent from a known "bad" ip address/server do filters get rustled.

Not true, multiple mail services will blacklist email addresses if they see high volume mailing. We use Edgewave for email for customers of my business and it blacklists mailers with more then 250 recipients.

It actually has a function for outgoing where it will chop up emails into send lists of about 100 to skirt under the filters of most major email providers (hotmail, yahoo, google, etc.)

We've had customers accidentally get blacklisted for sending out their monthly newsletter to too many people in one send.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ok, all the emails from RR have been sent out. I am curious if anyone who was registered there, had 10+ posts and had a valid email address did not get one. I am afraid that spam-filters got activated partially through the email blast.

Why did they need 10+ posts? Fuck the lurkers?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>

Probably just for the sake of cutting the amount of emails sent out. As he said they are gonna work on a better solution to mail to the full 10mb of addresses.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

How about we try and cut a deal. You hand craft the emails and maybe we can talk the administration into subtracting 1 vote per email from Tanoomba's mod campaign.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
To reduce the number of emails. I can make another one that sends it to every poster with 9 or fewer posts, but I wanted to hit all the active members of the community before RR was shut down or I was locked out of my admin access.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The entirety of the lists implicitly thinks you're wrong about whether they should be a part of the community. From your posting history that should be motivation enough to write some 100,000 hand crafted arguments.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Because waiting to get email addresses to communicate makes much more sense than making posts on a forum a community is built around prior to traffic dropping like a brick.

That's fucking why

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The entirety of the lists implicitly thinks you're wrong about whether they should be a part of the community. From your posting history that should be motivation enough to write some 100,000 hand crafted arguments.

I'm trying to grasp the logic here but its not working out.