Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Right now every one of those people that own those emails have the current last word, you going to let that slide?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I guess I disagree with your assumption that they implicitly think they shouldn't be a member of this community.

You've created a false dichotomy where if they aren't here, it must be because they don't want to be here.

I can think of at least a few other reasons this could be true.

For one, some of them very likely could be dead.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But aren't a lot of people saying it's in their spam box?
eh, the server ip only tripped 2 out of 22 blacklists from spamassassin, the score is high (good) so i wouldn't worry about, wait a day or 2 to resend (different worded email, change header, don't use the same addesses again, i.e. fireofheaven.org) and it should hit the others inboxes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's the best way to send a similar email to say, 100,000 addresses, many of which are shit addresses from tyen spam bots?

Personally I like mailguns api for doing mass mailings. I used it for a couple of systems for consulting projects. Best to setup a sub domain for it and point it their server to reduce bounces and make sure all the sub domains dns is setup right to not get blocked. First 10k emails are free, after that there is a bit of a cost, probably around $45 to send out 100k at once.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
those are more for "newsletters" and importing a list would be near impossible b/c they usually require double opt in.
confirmationlink-1.png

cuz they have to make sure the user actually wants to be emailed.

I used mail chimp a bit for one project, but it would work better for managing the list once it gets cleaned up. It would probably work best to cleanup the list with something like mailgun that I posted about above or sendgrid, they will both give you bounce notices and stuff, cleanup the list with those then import them into something like mailchimp which might be nice to use to keep a community mailing list, but like Lanx posted they require double opt in.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I guess I disagree with your assumption that they implicitly think they shouldn't be a member of this community.

You've created a false dichotomy where if they aren't here, it must be because they don't want to be here.

I can think of at least a few other reasons this could be true.

For one, some of them very likely could be dead.

Actually, most of them bailed out as soon as they heard you were abusing your mod powers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
those are more for "newsletters" and importing a list would be near impossible b/c they usually require double opt in.
confirmationlink-1.png

cuz they have to make sure the user actually wants to be emailed.

The picture there is an email right? Can they make that confirmation email say what they wanna say?