Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
They were very ban happy over shit like that to get rid of some of the noise. It was the premier strategy site for WoW for years. Most of the site was meant to be a resource, not a community.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His name on reddit is James-VZ

I sent him a message last week telling him to come but no response. But maybe if WE ALL spam him with messages we can draw him out.

I've got James's email. When original FoH folded I was on vacation and had no idea what happened or where we moved to. I emailed James for answers, but the guy never wrote back. Into the abyss I guess.

MV5BMTIwMDA4MTEzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcxMTU1MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Back in the day, EJ banned people for punctuation mistakes or typing in all lower case letters
Not sure what day that was but it sounds like either bullshit or a bullshit excuse to ban someone that wasn't contributing. I was a semi-active member of EJ through vanilla->wotlk and they had pretty sensible rules.

We hardcore gamers know how often you'll run across dudes posting the most illegible shit ever that is an absolute gold mine of ingame info. Like the Korean dude smashing together the perfect shadowpriest DPS rotation in broken english is never getting banned from a place like EJ for bad punctuation.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The picture there is an email right? Can they make that confirmation email say what they wanna say?
if you were getting new subscribers, sure, but if you're importing a list, i think it's the standard greeting.

reason is, they have no idea where the fuck you got an email list from, if it's yours or your uncles and of course to avoid many avenues of fuckery and spam complaints and shit, they'll just do this double opt in, which almost no one ever opts in to.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey, i've gotten to used to shift more with these boards, I have no idea why you're all rustled, but it's been shifting for a few months now.

Just a stupid thing that rustles me. But yes, you've gotten far better over the months! Bro hug?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what day that was but it sounds like either bullshit or a bullshit excuse to ban someone that wasn't contributing. I was a semi-active member of EJ through vanilla->wotlk and they had pretty sensible rules.

We hardcore gamers know how often you'll run across dudes posting the most illegible shit ever that is an absolute gold mine of ingame info. Like the Korean dude smashing together the perfect shadowpriest DPS rotation in broken english is never getting banned from a place like EJ for bad punctuation.

Not sure what day that was, but I distinctly remember getting turned off by the almost robotic enforcement of these exact rules. I wouldn't have posted if it was BS, but carry on...

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
EJ was definitely NAZI'esque in their approach, but as has been stated that led to the quality of content with very little normal forum fluff. It bordered on being a Wiki in a forum format.

It's funny to see that they went down in a similar manner with the forum/domain being purchased and the community rapidly moving onto something else.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
EJ was definitely NAZI'esque in their approach, but as has been stated that led to the quality of content with very little normal forum fluff. It bordered on being a Wiki in a forum format.

It's funny to see that they went down in a similar manner with the forum/domain being purchased and the community rapidly moving onto something else.

Also funny was the fact that the guy who used to own it and also never told anyone about the site being sold was still pulling in money from benefactor subscriptions.

But yeah, like Seb said AJ went right off the fucking deep end into SJWism. Non-koolaid posters, of which I think there's maybe single digits of us left, are constantly ganged the fuck up on in any kind of political thread and then probated when they get sick of it and use a mean word or two. It's kind of sad when I feel more comfortable posting here than on the "mature" forum these days.

Speaking of James, he hasn't posted there in forever, either. He was one of my favorite posters on FoH and I really wish he'd come back. Guy was always a blast to hang out with.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought I saw James had been shilling/trolling for Bernie there up until the last month or so?

Is anyone still raiding? What's the climate like? I wonder if I tried to run a guild today like I ran Juggernaut if my own guild mates would end up reporting me to a GM for being mean.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I thought I saw James had been shilling/trolling for Bernie there up until the last month or so?

Is anyone still raiding? What's the climate like? I wonder if I tried to run a guild today like I ran Juggernaut if my own guild mates would end up reporting me to a GM for being mean.

He hasn't been heard from since the decision to not prosecute Hillary, or whatever. Hasn't stopped people from dog piling on him, though!

Also you being a dick was good motivation not to fuck up, at least for me. I fucking suck at WoW now.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Also funny was the fact that the guy who used to own it and also never told anyone about the site being sold was still pulling in money from benefactor subscriptions.

But yeah, like Seb said AJ went right off the fucking deep end into SJWism. Non-koolaid posters, of which I think there's maybe single digits of us left, are constantly ganged the fuck up on in any kind of political thread and then probated when they get sick of it and use a mean word or two. It's kind of sad when I feel more comfortable posting here than on the "mature" forum these days.

Speaking of James, he hasn't posted there in forever, either. He was one of my favorite posters on FoH and I really wish he'd come back. Guy was always a blast to hang out with.

I thought James left our community because of in game shit. I remember he was leading side raids with a group outside of our main group. He got into it with some other members on the boards and eventually left and returned to Serious Casual? Or was there more to it, I never really hung out in IIRC or the other chats we had.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I honestly don't remember what caused him to quit WoW. The last I raided with him was in wrath when I joined SC and raided with RUM then the RUM 10man before leaving for Juggernaut. After that I played the occasional DotA game with him and met him in Texas and at Blizzcon but I can't remember anything off the top of my head about any sort of drama or shit causing him to quit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...but but but wait, we got a new level cap, from lv 100 to lv 1000.[/QUOTE]

When Realm 3x came out, there was no level cap. Spotlight hit level 1726 I believe. Then they added the level cap of 1000, so the GM's told him if he ever gained or lost xp, it would instantly drop him down to 1000. He was also forced to go anonymous, so people couldn't see his real level. Pretty crazy with a 180 SDM mage having the same HP as a level 1000 warrior. He DESTROYED people in PvP.