Craig McGregor just replied on Rerolled. THIS IS GREAT

Ryoz

<Donor>
You can't blame people for being skeptical. a_skeleton_03 has been around a long time but he's also just another random person who could fuck us over. It's happened twice now after all.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It has and he could, however I'm baffled why people aren't giving Tyen more shit. He caused the original mass exodus with his bots. I know everyone is pissed off at Draegan but we can't just give the bot lord himself a free pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
It has and he could, however I'm baffled why people aren't giving Tyen more shit. He caused the original mass exodus with his bots. I know everyone is pissed off at Draegan but we can't just give the bot lord himself a free pass.

He has pretty much stuck to Screenshot's, its possible people don't even know he is really posting here

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
It's been 4 years bro. Let it go.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can't blame people for being skeptical. a_skeleton_03 has been around a long time but he's also just another random person who could fuck us over. It's happened twice now after all.

That could be said about anyone here. When it comes down to it, few of us know each other well enough to know we won't screw up managing the forums at some point. I can understand people being more skeptical this time around, but I'm far more skeptical of some outsider with moneyed interests than I am of a long-standing community member managing things. Either situation has a lot of unknowns for sure, but a community member has far more knowns.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I still think the original exodus was a bit silly, but it was obvious before it began that Requiem's interest in the site was increasingly low. Tyen's role was more of a catalyst for the existing issue that Requiem's enthusiasm had waned. a_skeleton_03's opinions are frequently unpopular, but his interest in maintaining/extending the community is probably the most sincere of any admin since '08 or so.

I think it's correct to state that Draegan wanted to leverage the forum community toward a gaming website, and I was even keen on that. That didn't ever really manifest, and he didn't seem to have much enthusiasm for the forum itself.

I still think we could magnify our relevance as a community with some side project like a review aggregate of pop media (games/movies/tv) derived from the forum discussions or a truthiness scorecard of journalists (political/gaming/etc.), but that's the key element, derived from. Any and all elements of the forum should highlight the importance of threads.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Like we all know a_skeleton_03 is a really weird creepy military guy who has been pining for authority in the community for many years and received none and really liked to report shit on rer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
As far as I know Tyen's only real offenses were being too slow to deal with a malware flag and trolling the shit out of everyone with his girlfriend. If I recall correctly he even went back and fixed the malware after the fact but the majority opined that we were better off with Jeffylys and Draegan. Pretty minor offenses in the grand scheme of the forum. Also 4 years in Internet time is like 400 years IRL, let it go pal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
tyen will contribute some minor lulz and possibly 1 more eqbrowser zone that can be played in the forum because this one isn't running on 1990's technology.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
idc if Tyen is back just dont give staff position and all is well

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As far as I know Tyen's only real offenses were being too slow to deal with a malware flag and trolling the shit out of everyone with his girlfriend. If I recall correctly he even went back and fixed the malware after the fact but the majority opined that we were better off with Jeffylys and Draegan. Pretty minor offenses in the grand scheme of the forum. Also 4 years in Internet time is like 400 years IRL, let it go pal.

Pretty much. The malware thing was really bad, and so we all said fuck this. When we came back after Jeffvlys, FoH was fixed. The problem was we were burned at that point, and Draegan swooped in to save us.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
From what I remember, Tyen didn't really have anything to do with the malware issue. That was from req's negligence and complete silence on the issue forced the move. All Tyen did was troll 24/7 and piss people off. Eventually req showed up long enough to fix the malware and tell us all to fuck off in so many words. So we did.

People thought Tyen and trex had more power over the site than they actually did when really they were just a couple of chucklefucks with limited mod powers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And unless I remember wrong, the outrage against Tyen was that we found out the server traffic was largely driven by his bots about the same time as all the other shit. So I think he just got lumped into it all.

Otherwise he was just an annoying troll.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Tyen and Trex annoyed me so bad at the time, anytime I hear someone say totes, I get the urge to hit a white chick in a wonderbra.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
theres chucklefucks with mod powers on every forum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user