Crowfall

Vitality

HUSTLE
From the kickstarter for those that don't want to dig:

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 12 minutes ago
MelloLily - After the kickstarter campaign we will have a system so you can merge your pledge with your crowfall.com account - then account status will correctly show your group!

@Amine - "Exclusive Kickstarter stronghold (small fortification) for your personal Kingdom" Does this mean that anyone not pledging that tier will not be able to get that in game eventually?" - Correct! These will be unique for backers, you can earn structures in game but they won't look same as these.

@David Caldwell - We estimate it will be around $10-$15 a month but the exact pricing is TBD. The +5 years of membership is a substantial deal!

We will be in touch at a later date to confirm shipping address! (For collectors boxes and other things)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks to me like it is Continent sized world maps. They are likely randomly generated with the voxelfarm tech in house, then have a node map generated over that seed world from the ACE guys. They take the now processed "World" then distribute that to the players to compete over.

That gives them the base to slap down mobs, nodes, and objects and interesting places. Giving a random feel to the world but polished by devs.

I really would love if they stole the storybricks idea as well, (heirarchy of needs based AI) or some of Rifts Beta ideas. Having the nodes contested by NPC guilds as well as pc would be interesting.

Either way they are getting my money, just for having a new idea, but I still hate Ralph Koster.
If it is anything like shadowbane your storybricks is going to be other players not PVE stuff. If its done like shadowbane the PVE is mostly there for resource farming and hunter/gather type stuff the main challenges are enemy players.

Vitality

HUSTLE
They mentioned rift style PVE difficulty scaling based on how long a world has been running. Going through seasons, mobs likely will damage the terrain and subsequent buildings etc.

I'm imagining a scenario where the primary win condition is to have the primary faction castle survive until the very end against increasingly more difficult waves of monsters with periodic attack cycles.

A PVE survival sort of thing.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
They mentioned rift style PVE difficulty scaling based on how long a world has been running. Going through seasons, mobs likely will damage the terrain and subsequent buildings etc.

I'm imagining a scenario where the primary win condition is to have the primary faction castle survive until the very end against increasingly more difficult waves of monsters with periodic attack cycles.

A PVE survival sort of thing.
this IS gonna rock!

Vitality

HUSTLE
from Jtodd on pre-funding dollar usage:

4. Can the character appearances be customized?

Yes. We will offer the ability to customize your character (hair styles, color and face) in Character Creation. Further customization can be done in-game, by collecting equipment.

You are correct -- as you can see in the video, the only gear swapping we have right now is weapon sets., but that's just for now.
We opted to use our pre-funding dollars to fund a wider array of base characters, because we thought it would demo better than having only 1 or 2 characters that we could customize.
If I had it to do over again, I would have reduced the number of characters and opted for more customization. To be honest, it never even even occurred to me that people would see them and think "MOBA." Hind sight is 20/20, I guess.
Oh, and the reason that I made all the base versions fully clothed is because I think naked characters in an MMO look stupid.
Remember, this is a work in progress. We believe that customization (via gear swaps) is important, and it's in our plan. We'll get there.
Todd
ACE

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
rrr_img_91193.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
EB amber. Riding this train straight to hell. Physical collectors edition plus six years subscription sounds good and if it doesn't work out I'm only out 14 pizzas.

Bruman

Golden Squire

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Shit is getting funded in the next two days IMO.

dailypledges.png

This game didn't get much press pre-release, but now it will.