Cruises: Good Value Vacation or White Trash Rafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm v intelligent btw

You live in Portland. They tell everyone that so you don't feel bad about yourself. In the real world you barely rate higher than a mouth breathing mongoloid. Just barely smart enough to bash at a keyboard in a poor attempt at butchering the English language.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

SAVE US AKU

vdzwol.gif

Phew. Crisis averted.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So back to the festival, someone who attended is doing an AMA about it:

I'm a 35 y/o Fyre Festival attendee AMA

$750 a ticket ain't bad for the way this was sold.

We signed up ~12 hours after it was first announced. At that time, there was no information about music/artists, and I don't recall Ja Rule's name being used prominently. If it was, that shows how much weight we gave his name.

When we bought our tickets, it was $750 each for "private plane flights to/from a private island, food & lodging included". We decided to do this as our vacation, and considering everything that was included, it was a great deal. They also allowed the tickets to be paid over six months for free.

The non-discounted price made sense for what was included, so there was no feeling of "it's too cheap to be true". We figured if it was terrible or didn't match the marketing, we could file a credit card dispute. No one expected the organizers to create a dangerous situation.

Surprise surprise, they didn't pay their workers.

I'll update this one once I get to a keyboard, but the worst thing I saw was probably the group of 10-12 local workers who had surrounded one organizer and kept yelling "I NEED MONEY, WHERE IS MY MONEY". That's when the situation started to feel dangerous. All the attendees had iPhones, laptops, cameras, etc, and the workers were eyeballing all these kids laying around.

A couple of the workers were getting physical, so some security guard broke up the dispute by slowly driving a truck through the group, forcing them to move so the organizer could go back inside.

The workers went to the bar and took a bunch of bottles of Hennessy, I assume as temporary payment.

Regarding the "refunds", I have a feeling the moneys already been spent and they're not coming.

They sent a hilarious email this morning asking us to fill out a Typekit form to start our refund. They also warned that they wouldn't refund any transactions which were disputed unless we cancel the credit card dispute. If they don't refund in a week we'll just dispute the transaction.

The best part of the form was an offer for complimentary VIP passes to Fyre 2018, followed by the suggestion to "LET IT RIDE" and convert our refund into additional 2018 tickets!

I'm feeling lucky...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

trex

Queen Bee
If you have to tell the people with whom you are interacting that you're intelligent, you aren't. But keep trying!

At least I have something better to do with my life than follow around some girl I claim to hate on a message board and pick at every single one of her posts.

Get a life fgt

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Will people go to jail over this?

The short of it is, as long as the scammer provided a phone number (he did) and provided support and continuous support throughout the ordeal (he did) its not a criminal matter. As long as he remains in contact with everyone and continues to provide support I don't see anything happening.

Even if that support amounts to explaining their policies, denying them refunds, and explaining the services rendered...as long as he is communicating, its difficult to hook someone on fraud.

I know of many credit scammers who operate quasi-legit businesses and that's how its done from my understanding. You run a legitimate face, you make "legitimate" statements, you can literally overbill and rip someone off and the worst thing that can happen to the credit scammer is that they will have their merchant account closed by Visa. But if the scammer is willing to claim that they did X Y Z for you, sometimes they can continue to operate for another 30-60 days and make another six figures. And when they are finally stopped, nothing really happens unless there is a whistleblower. If a fraudster has an air-tight business with air-tight employees, and he is signing affidavits that say the exact opposite of what the customer claims, it becomes a draw. It sucks but that's real life.

You need that whistleblower, a live talking witness who is privy to private conversations with the fraudster. I.E. a business partner in order to make a case for criminal intent.

This is no different than credit fraud to me, which is even more serious an offense (malicious overbilling and lying in affidavits saying the customer agreed to the services). Not much can be done when someone is willing to be a complete worm.

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is Generation Y still a thing? I feel like '86 is too long ago for me to be a millenial.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So back to the festival, someone who attended is doing an AMA about it:

I'm a 35 y/o Fyre Festival attendee AMA

$750 a ticket ain't bad for the way this was sold.

Surprise surprise, they didn't pay their workers.

Regarding the "refunds", I have a feeling the moneys already been spent and they're not coming.

Interesting ama

So all they got was some spotify playlists and a local band, then the stage was shut down. lol

• 2Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
At least I have something better to do with my life than follow around some girl I claim to hate on a message board and pick at every single one of her posts.

Get a life fgt

Yes, instead of you being an insecure twat, the issue is clearly me following you around, and being a fgt. Good catch.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a bunch of salty fuckers here, butthurt from never being invited to the cool parties, gleeful that some Millennials got their "comeuppance"

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I Worked at Fyre Festival. It Was Always Going to Be a Disaster.

With so little having been prepared ahead of time, the official verdict was that it would take $50 million to pull off. Planners also warned that it would be not be up to the standard they had advertised. The best idea, they said, would be to roll everyone’s tickets over to 2018 and start planning for the next year immediately. They had a meeting with the Fyre execs to deliver the news. A guy from the marketing team said, “Let’s just do it and be legends, man.”

lol

• 3Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a bunch of salty fuckers here, butthurt from never being invited to the cool parties, gleeful that some Millennials got their "comeuppance"

If it weren't for these dumbass liberal kids freeloading I'd be successful

• 2Salty

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is just typical human behavior winning over sound logic. Very few people have a healthy enough sense of skepticism. Rushing in and buying tickets without knowing details is not something a cautious person would do but then again I don't understand people who rack up thousands in cc debt either. Why would u buy stupid shit when you know you can't pay for it? Yet thousands of people do this dumb shit.

What I *really* can't wrap my head around is who pays this much for a concert with blink 182 headlining? Who's even paid any attention to them in a decade

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What I *really* can't wrap my head around is who pays this much for a concert with blink 182 headlining? Who's even paid any attention to them in a decade
They have a new album that has done well. They were just the first and only band listed to headline though, Ja Rule was the top name. They were just one name on the list. They were actually the only name on the list because they announced that they were pulling out the day before it happened.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
lots of hindsight 50/50 faggots here

festival looked legit, there was celebrity endorsement, which most well run festivals dont even have. tickets were expensive but considering it was basically pitched as an all-inclusive vacation in caribbean wrapped around a music festival -- it wasnt that dramatic

• 1Salty

xzi

Mouthbreather
Matt Skiba was a fantastic addition to blink 182 and I definitely attribute their newest album to having him come play guitar for them

also this whole festival who cares a bunch of rich kids went and wanted to have a good time

hilarious how it turned out though

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.