Cruises: Good Value Vacation or White Trash Rafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldbased

> Than U
I've heard 1200-12000$. Most people probably dropped in the 2000$ range.
ya most I read was $1200. I laughed at the guy who bought deluxe lodge package for $3500 though and was told to take a tent, any tent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea, i figure most people got the 1200$ and got dinged for 800$ in various ways as is pretty typical on trips like this.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you weren't able to legally drink before Luclin came out, you're a millennial.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Why was I paged here and what movie am I writing? I got a day off tomorrow so someone actually elevator pitch and short form explain this mess in 3 sentences or less. I'll have a rough draft by end of day.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Why was I paged here and what movie am I writing? I got a day off tomorrow so someone actually elevator pitch and short form explain this mess in 3 sentences or less. I'll have a rough draft by end of day.

Famous rapper announces a extremely upscale music festival on a Bahamas private island, with celebrity endorsements with tickets going from $500 to $250,000. 6 months later festival goers start arriving by chartered jets onto the island only to find that almost nothing has been built, food and water is scarce, security is nonexistent and theres no way to get back to mainland. Modern Lord of the Flies reenactment commences.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you never knew a world without ATM's, getting high in school from ditto paper, loved the smell of gas stations, learned about extended or expanded ram or know what *.* means you are a millennial.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I have a friend who in his 20s started out promoting club events and over a two or three yrs worked up to doing a small local 4 band all day concert mini-festival each summer. It took a solid 12 months of planing to make it happen. And it is boring as fuck, lots of meeting lawyers and tons contracts, selling vendor space and lining up sponsors, hiring emergency services and security before an insurance company will bond you and a venue won't rent to you till you have proof of all of that. It's all about getting your ducks in a row. Not to mention have capital to put down deposits on everything.

Anyone trying to add to that organizing travel + lodging + catering was high as fuck. It's too much to deliver and would take years to organize.

After my friend hung it up and switched gears to restaurateur , a few other kids tried following in his foot steps. Each one of them tanked it and got the shit sued out of them 8 ways from Sunday. It takes a special kind of organizational autistic spaz, who has good people skills and some family connections to mafia legbreakers to succeed doing that kind of gig.

Serious money to be made if you don't fuck it up. His first festival left him in the hole $50-60K, and he said he got off lucky. The next year it paid for his house in cash.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Famous rapper announces a extremely upscale music festival on a Bahamas private island, with celebrity endorsements with tickets going from $500 to $250,000. 6 months later festival goers start arriving by chartered jets onto the island only to find that almost nothing has been built, food and water is scarce, security is nonexistent and theres no way to get back to mainland. Modern Lord of the Flies reenactment commences.
Oh this I can work with.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Sounds like a bunch of salty fuckers here, butthurt from never being invited to the cool parties, gleeful that some Millennials got their "comeuppance"

Oh come on, where is your sense of lulz? It's not like this was some kind of top shelf elite Russian Cutler-Putin orgy party. Anyone with $750 to spare could go. Even poors like @tyen and @trex could probably scrape up enough to go.

It's funny because they paid "celebs" like Bruce Caitlin Jenner's daughter 250k to shill for this about how totally awesome this was going to be and then provided shit like this for their "gourmet" meals:

cheese%20sandwich.jpg

To be fair to Kendall Jenner, I don't blame her for being totally fucked up. I mean her biological mom and dad are the same person, and she has 2 moms.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Oh come on, where is your sense of lulz? It's not like this was some kind of top shelf elite Russian Cutler-Putin orgy party. Anyone with $750 to spare could go. Even poors like @tyen and @trex could probably scrape up enough to go.

It's funny because they paid "celebs" like Bruce Caitlin Jenner's daughter 250k to shill for this about how totally awesome this was going to be and then provided shit like this for their "gourmet" meals:

To be fair to Kendall Jenner, I don't blame her for being totally fucked up. I mean her biological mom and dad are the same person, and she has 2 moms.

Oh dont get me wrong, I think its funny. I have a lot of friends in nightlife industry around the world, especially in US and my feed for 2 days was nothing but Fyre Fest shit.

But this has nothing to do with millennials, or people being stupid or whatever else people are "discussing" here The only constant thread I see is some sort of visceral hate from the normies who never got to go yacht parties, or Ibiza, or some afters, reveling now in how "it all gone Pete Tong" for the "spoiled brats"

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If this is a normal thing to buy all inclusive concert cruise packages with limited information and off of celebrity endorsements then it's well beyond my reality. I guess if I had been routinely doing this with success, I suppose I'd be surprised at how this blew up. But reading this it sounded more like an inevitability rather than a shocker

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
If this is a normal thing to buy all inclusive concert cruise packages with limited information and off of celebrity endorsements then it's well beyond my reality. I guess if I had been routinely doing this with success, I suppose I'd be surprised at how this blew up. But reading this it sounded more like an inevitability rather than a shocker

yeah, "inevitability" if all the customers were privy to all the behind the scenes stuff but no one was, and why would they be?

did blink-182 know it was going to be a disaster when they signed up for this? and theyre the headliners!

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
yeah, "inevitability" if all the customers were privy to all the behind the scenes stuff but no one was, and why would they be?

did blink-182 know it was going to be a disaster when they signed up for this? and theyre the headliners!

Having seen Blink live in the 90s, I feel its safe to say every gig they play is a disaster.
Singing flat and playing out of tune. And not in a cool punk way. Probably worst live show I have seen.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Having seen Blink live in the 90s, I feel its safe to say every gig they play is a disaster.
Singing flat and playing out of tune. And not in a cool punk way. Probably worst live show I have seen.
They grew up in San Diego and we were only a few years apart. Saw them in parking lots when I was in high school before they made it big.

Not sure how their real concerts were but the parking lot punk at skate shows was good.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Can anyone affirm this? Blink is a studio band? News to me. Opposite of what I've heard.

Their reason for canceling was due to a lack of sound equipment guarantee and stage equipment from my understanding, so I don't get that picture from them at all since they were willing to cancel to preserve themselves.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Saw them on the Warp Tour they were awful. NoFx and the Vandals kicked ass on the same stage. Same sound system. Sometimes you can blame venue or the mix. They just sucked and didn't seem drunk. The Vandals were drunk as fuck and awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.