Cruises: Good Value Vacation or White Trash Rafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm doing that too with 5 people and spending a lot more than that.

We obviously have different tastes if you are backpacking across Europe for $5,100 for 12 weeks. My 16 day vacation when seeing Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, Bertchesgaaden, Lucern Switz, Monaco, and Barcelona will run about $16k.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Manny's and 6Smith are two of the best known steakhouses in the midwest, Manny's is top ten in the US.

Top ten according to whom? men's Journal and AOL CityGuide?

They're not, nothing in your frozen anus of a town is top 10 anywhere. Let's be fucking serious here. You barely have Chicago (the butcher capital of the world) steakhouses breaking into top 10 and not your Minneapolis Ruth Chris' knockoffs.

I always laugh when some midwesterner crawls out of Dubuque and proclaims whatever steakhouse is 5 miles away from his house as DA BEST IN MIDWEST. People just don't know any better.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Top ten according to whom? men's Journal and AOL CityGuide?

They're not, nothing in your frozen anus of a town is top 10 anywhere. Let's be fucking serious here. You barely have Chicago (the butcher capital of the world) steakhouses breaking into top 10 and not your Minneapolis Ruth Chris' knockoffs.

I always laugh when some midwesterner crawls out of Dubuque and proclaims whatever steakhouse is 5 miles away from his house as DA BEST IN MIDWEST. People just don't know any better.

Where are you from? Guarantee you I have been to a steakhouse there, or any other in the vicinity, whether it's New York, Chicago, Vegas, LA< you name it... And I will compare 6Smith and Manny's to them word for word on what I liked better.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Spendy? $680 bucks on a Royal Caribbean 7 day East Caribbean cruise on the "Oasis of the Seas" as recommended by someone earlier.

That sounds like you are buying a cabin on the Achille Lauro. I get nervous when I have to hop a small ferry in Asia, those fuckers go down all the time, taking people and their livestock to a watery grave.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm doing that too with 5 people and spending a lot more than that.

We obviously have different tastes if you are backpacking across Europe for $5,100 for 12 weeks. My 16 day vacation when seeing Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, Bertchesgaaden, Lucern Switz, Monaco, and Barcelona will run about $16k.

Dafuq?

Ex and I rented a nice convertible sports car in London, took it and spent two weeks on the road Eurostar to Calais, through all of France, down to San Sebastian Spain, over to Barcelona, few days in St. Tropez in 5 star accommodation, then Monaco, Italy, back into France, Switzerland, a Mont Blanc Chateau, and back up through to London. We stayed in high rated B&Bs the whole way and we didn't even spend a fraction of that much. Hell, I even tossed back a couple $400 glasses of Hennessey Ellipse in St Tropez to give you an idea of my spending habits... we still didn't come close to your budget.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Where are you from? Guarantee you I have been to a steakhouse there, or any other in the vicinity, whether it's New York, Chicago, Vegas, LA< you name it... And I will compare 6Smith and Manny's to them word for word on what I liked better.
Highlighted the important part. I still find Vernons in Albuquerque New Mexico to be in my top 10 because of the experience, and I have eaten at just about every single high end steak house in LA and New York. It really is subjective and based on an experience. Any decent chop-house can make me a medium rare steak with light char and make it taste amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Chicago.

But who cares what YOU liked better, since this then become a subjective anecdote?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dafuq?

Ex and I rented a nice convertible sports car in London, took it and spent two weeks on the road Eurostar to Calais, through all of France, down to San Sebastian Spain, over to Barcelona, few days in St. Tropez in 5 star accommodation, then Monaco, Italy, back into France, Switzerland, a Mont Blanc Chateau, and back up through to London. We stayed in high rated B&Bs the whole way and we didn't even spend a fraction of that much. Hell, I even tossed back a couple $400 glasses of Hennessey Ellipse in St Tropez to give you an idea of my spending habits... we still didn't come close to your budget.

That's what we are doing. But with 5 people instead of 2.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Chicago.

But who cares what YOU liked better, since this then become a subjective anecdote?

Explains the temper.

Sorry about the Hawks. And what your Bears did during the draft was comical. I would be upset over a steak discussion if I were you too.

Point is, you go off on Midwestern ideals without realizing most of the best meat cuts come from the midwest. And a lot of the higher end cuts come from a town called Windom Minnesota, and that is flown daily to some of the best restaurants in the US.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Highlighted the important part. I still find Vernons in Albuquerque New Mexico to be in my top 10 because of the experience, and I have eaten at just about every single high end steak house in LA and New York. It really is subjective and based on an experience. Any decent chop-house can make me a medium rare steak with light char and make it taste amazing.

Yep, this.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Nothing easier to cook correctly than a steak. Who the fuck goes to Peter Luger's to drop $200 for a $30 piece of meat.

Buy a cast iron pan and some grass fed butter and hit a good wholesaler for some dry aged beef.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That as well. We have a place in MN in Maple Grove called Brothers Meat and Seafood. Best dinners I have ever cooked.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Gibsons or BOA?

these days the good ones seem to be RPM, Chicago Cut and Boefhaus. I was at Boefhaus late last year, it was really good.

I think Gibson's is mostly tourists now, I dont know what BOA is.

bralkan

The old ways are still best
pretex: this all seems pretty lame now that you've gone on a cruise derail for awhile.

Yeah. Hate to say it, this has been going on for generations.

Every Every Every Generation Has Been the Me Me Me Generation

upload_2017-5-2_15-1-47.png

upload_2017-5-2_15-2-39.png

upload_2017-5-2_15-3-12.png

Everything from the cotton gin, to TV dinners, phones in more than one room and don't need an operator, remote controls for tvs, video recorders in the 1980s....

It's all the same shit just in new devices. There may be something to said for scale, but I don't really buy it.

The need to even label and describe "generations" is retarded.

The only real difference, is there are statistics that show the "world" "millennials" are growing up in is worse off than what Boomers grew up in. Its all bullshit too, for the most part. Harder for previous generations to say that.

People need to just get shit done and stop worrying about everyone else so fucking much.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Nothing easier to cook correctly than a steak. Who the fuck goes to Peter Luger's to drop $200 for a $30 piece of meat.
Exactly.

I pay $200 for a squid ink martini served by a 20 year old former model in a tight shirt calling me Sir and playfully wiping the grease from my jowls.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
That as well. We have a place in MN in Maple Grove called Brothers Meat and Seafood. Best dinners I have ever cooked.

sounds like everything is DA BEST around Dubuque... i mean Minneapolis.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Buy a cast iron pan and some grass fed butter and hit a good wholesaler for some dry aged beef.

Fucking ey bro!

Got two 1.5 in thick ribeye I did up on the grill last night to a perfect med rare. Total cost was $29 from Walmart (lol) :smuggly:

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.