Curb your Enthusiasm

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
You could tell everyone on the set there had problems not bursting out laughing the entire time

The beast in the field tirade and breath mint bit that he used in the first episode on that judge had me howling so loud.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you watch the Dick Chiropractor scene again you can see Larry David almost lose it, that stuff was likely way, way off script.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
The snort by Larry to hold it back was awesome. If you dig back into the entire run of the series you'll see a lot of weird cuts around Susie Essman's scenes where nobody was prepared for how she was going to dig into Larry. There are stories told that she's one of the nicest women ever and the rest of the cast constantly loses their shit when she goes off on Jeff and Larry

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah susie yelling is one of the greatest things ever, she is like the ultimate nightmare jew wife

only thing i didn't like about the last episode is how it put larry again in the rich hollywood elite, between a oyster shucker guy blackmailing him to him forking over $2500 like its NBD because he doesn't wanna piss off lin manuel, it doesn't quite feel like the larry david who doesn't care about money and only cares about the principle of always being right (and an asshole). the cowboy shit and everything else was great.

should be an interesting finale, wonder how many years until the next season

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dude that episode was unbelievable. Fucking Leon questioning the Miranda counsins had me crying. His face and just his body language and Larry trying to stop it was unbelievable. I think this was the best episode of the season, a really good way to go out for a season finale.

Also F Murray killed it.

spronk

FPS noob
Dude that episode was unbelievable. Fucking Leon questioning the Miranda counsins had me crying. His face and just his body language and Larry trying to stop it was unbelievable. I think this was the best episode of the season, a really good way to go out for a season finale.

Also F Murray killed it.

Meh, I didn't really like it that much. Leaned way too hard on Broadway for my tastes. Also a few characters didn't really ring true - Suzie would never allow Larry to speak at her daughters wedding and she was way too nice the entire episode really. Leon woulda joined in the orgy and brought over some more women. The duel stuff was just weird as was how excited everyone in a broadway play was to play paintball the weekend before opening. I expected some twist like Lin Manuel told everyone that Larry David was flying them out to the Caribbean to play paintball or something. The whole last two episodes felt like a setup for something that never paid off like previous seasons.

Larry going ballistic over Ron Swanson keeping an extra $500 was also pretty dumb considering how he just paid $2500 a few weeks ago to his clam guy and didn't protest at all.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Larry doesn't care about the amount of money. It is the principle of it. That is perfectly in line with his character.

He wasn't happy about being extorted by the shucker, but he had no other choice. In typical Larry fashion, he had to win against Lin so he needed the ticket back.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I enjoyed the last episode a lot. Overall the season was a great success (I'd even go as far as calling it pretty, pretty good).

The only downside is that I have no idea if this will be the last season, or we're waiting another 2, 3, or 4+ years.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm fine with waiting 3-4 years between seasons if we keep getting quality seasons like this one.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Season finale felt a bit flat based on how successful almost all of the rest of this was but it was still better than a large percentage of what other shows put out this year. Almost wish that Jeff and Larry had spent more time with Sammi's fiance. Tom Hanks's other son was awesome in Maron last season and it would have been nice to get to see him pop up in a few more episodes of this

LD was looking old this season but him and the cast killed it. I'm hoping that he can keep this up

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The snort by Larry to hold it back was awesome. If you dig back into the entire run of the series you'll see a lot of weird cuts around Susie Essman's scenes where nobody was prepared for how she was going to dig into Larry. There are stories told that she's one of the nicest women ever and the rest of the cast constantly loses their shit when she goes off on Jeff and Larry

my fav

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
How do you lead with curb over Super Dave! They didn't even mention that in the headline I saw! RIP!

Szlia

I am in a TV show mood these last few weeks, so I am catching up on things and watched season 9. Still a lot of good comedy and observations in there with these marvelous "larrydavidisms" like outfit tracker, accidental text on purpose, fatwa sex, etc... I feel the writing is a little sub par in the way the episodes are built though. Maybe I saw the previous seasons too long ago and it was already a bit lackluster in 6, 7, 8 or whatever, but when I think Curb Your Enthusiasm, I think how expertly the episodes reached their hilarious punchline. In this 9th run, it's more about the scenes, the lines even or the surprising cameo, than the structure of the episodes. So a little less brilliant, but still very enjoyable.