Curb your Enthusiasm

spronk

FPS noob
Curb your Enthusiasm is apparently gonna return for season 10 on Jan 2020

This is also one of the best larry david stories ever. The ending ties perfectly into Seinfeld

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Did not realize tonight is the first epsiode until someone posted about it on FB. Made my day.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Larry David, John Hamm "Ehhh? Ya ehhh let's go" was great

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
writing felt super lazy in the first episode. There's setup with no payoff and payoff without a setup and he's kind of a caricature of the previous season's Larry. So much random that went nowhere

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I mean MAGA hat/Weinstein/Me too was the set up and "paid off". I found it funny but there is a certain group that will be triggered. Also, Leon will never NOT be funny.

I get the caricature argument though. The snapping the selfie stick and knocking down the scooters was random.

spronk

FPS noob
wearing a MAGA hat to repel Hollywood libs was pretty funny, I bet there will be more payoffs as he doesn't really think through the consequences. I expected Jeff to walk in telling him that everyone on social media was cancelling him and calling him a rapist or whatever, but that may be upcoming

Jeff looking like Harvey Weinstein was funny as hell too, they even had him with a little beard fuzz and you can totally see it. Cheryl hooking back up with him was a bit weird, it wasn't as tight as previous seasons where it would all come back together to fuck Larry in the ass but its only 1 episode

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
The MAGA hat and Jeff Harvey Weinstein shit was amazing. As well as the boob grab.

But they overdid it the first episode with making LD some crazy social lunatic. Almost every scene is him doing some ridiculous shit.

Worst part is the Cheryl hookup. I hate her character so much.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
The MAGA hat and Jeff Harvey Weinstein shit was amazing. As well as the boob grab.

But they overdid it the first episode with making LD some crazy social lunatic. Almost every scene is him doing some ridiculous shit.

Worst part is the Cheryl hookup. I hate her character so much.

LD isn’t a crazy social lunatic? Have you seen this show before?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny stuff but I agree with everyone saying they dialed him up to 11 this season. Very first scene he just randomly breaks that couples camera stick in half and they never have any call-back to that at all, almost seemed like an editing issue where they forgot to add in the payoff to that - unless I missed it somewhere. Everything else had a payoff on the backend - talcum, MAGA, baby, Weinstein, etc.

Curious if any of you are like me in real life and you pretty much ARE a dialed down version of Larry David?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Funny stuff but I agree with everyone saying they dialed him up to 11 this season. Very first scene he just randomly breaks that couples camera stick in half and they never have any call-back to that at all, almost seemed like an editing issue where they forgot to add in the payoff to that - unless I missed it somewhere. Everything else had a payoff on the backend - talcum, MAGA, baby, Weinstein, etc.

Curious if any of you are like me in real life and you pretty much ARE a dialed down version of Larry David?

Pretty much think the episode was fine outside of that first 5 minutes.

Also, I have a friend who's personality is identical to his. There's rarely a plot or comment where I couldn't see my friend doing the same thing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Him breaking the selfie stick was the best part to me, honestly. Just casual curmudgeon. The rest of it was pretty over-the-top Curb stuff, which is fine. But the best part is Leon just accepting it and not even stopping their conversation as it happened. It's great. It was like George and Jerry walking down the street witnessing New York horrors and just being like "oh that's a shame" and continuing on.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Curb Your Enthusiasm
You're Not Going to Get Me to Say Anything Bad About Mickey
Season: 10
Episode: 4
Air date: 2020-02-09

Guest stars: Jeff Garlin, Susie Essman, Cheryl Hines, J.B. Smoove, Ted Danson, Timothy Olyphant
Larry brings an impromptu date to a destination wedding.

Latest episode IS Curb again, holy shit that was great. Fuck you Vanilla Joe!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck, that was a damn good episode. They need more JB. His scenes have been lacking this season.

That whole "I don't give my weight, or my god damn height. That's called a description of a motherfucker" absolutely floored me. Had to pause it.

That was also a super long episode. Came in at 45 minutes.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That whole "I don't give my weight, or my god damn height. That's called a description of a motherfucker" absolutely floored me. Had to pause it.
I lost my shit too. If that was improv'd, it might be the greatest thing anyone has ever said.