Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
With all the neg press this has had I'm surprised Idris Elba put his name to this.
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Edit: Harshaw Harshaw beat me to it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
With the way people wildly exaggerate how much negative press this has had, I'm surprised that anyone thinks an actor would have some kind of problem taking the job.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOl this shit sold 20 million boxes, why would they not make expansions for it and why the hell would Elba not sign on? They are literal whores for cash. As we are all whores to something or other for cash, lol.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
With the way people wildly exaggerate how much negative press this has had, I'm surprised that anyone thinks an actor would have some kind of problem taking the job.

The press was pretty brutal, but was a bit overblown for what the actual issues were. The game only sucked on PS4 (the preferred platform of video game journalists) but should've never released on that platform anyway, and it was a major letdown to people who roleplay as wage slaves and hookers in GTA all day. If CDPR had chosen to not engage with those two populations (focus on PC release and market narrative instead of old gen and marketing open world), all the press would've been glowing a la Witcher 3.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I heard this is their only expansion for this game.

If that's the case damn they're really are wringing their hands clean of this game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah it really seems out of place compared to the dozens of expansions they released for Witcher 3.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Weren't they supposed to release a whole slew of free content as well? Seems like a giant waste of the IP if this expansion and what they've trickled out so far is it when the game and world is actually good enough to continue building upon.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think Covid and them spending so much time trying to fix the game for last gen systems fucked the long term plans for the game.

• 4Like

Cybsled

I heard this is their only expansion for this game.

If that's the case damn they're really are wringing their hands clean of this game.

They aren't abandoning the Cyberpunk IP, they're just ending support for this particular game. They plan to make a new Cyberpunk game set in the same universe (but won't continue the same main story as CP2077 - aka V's story is done) using the Unreal 5 engine. I wouldn't be surprised if they make more Edgerunner themed stuff in the new game.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah they def fucked themselves trying to get this game to run on PS2s and shit.

• 1Like

Cybsled

yeah they def fucked themselves trying to get this game to run on PS2s and shit.

It felt like 90% of the complaints were from the PS4 version of the game. If you look at almost any "lol cyberpunk sux" video on Youtube, they are almost all showing footage from the shitty PS4 version.

No surprise they abandoned that version - the new DLC isn't even available for last gen consoles

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No one could meet the expectations this game had the years running up to release. And the game did come up short, it was rushed and not finished, bugs, and balance was fucked. But I played through it 2X on PC with a 1070 at the time and it ran great and I enjoyed the stories and im not even a big story guy in games. So fuck yeah I want more and I hope this Cyberpunk thing goes on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
They aren't abandoning the Cyberpunk IP, they're just ending support for this particular game. They plan to make a new Cyberpunk game set in the same universe (but won't continue the same main story as CP2077 - aka V's story is done) using the Unreal 5 engine.
As others have noted, the year ticker in the newest trailer now hits 2079. While I was always on the Shadowrun side of the fence, I don't recall any tabletop 2079 events, and Phantom Liberty certainly looks pre-base ending, so a 2079 setting for the sequel would line up well with a mostly reused world (though again, who knows how easy it will be to port the existing world to UE5).

I'm just hoping they get it out before 2029.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It felt like 90% of the complaints were from the PS4 version of the game. If you look at almost any "lol cyberpunk sux" video on Youtube, they are almost all showing footage from the shitty PS4 version.

No surprise they abandoned that version - the new DLC isn't even available for last gen consoles

While I accept they took a roasting on last gen consoles the game itself was riddled with bugs. Even setting that aside, whole chunks of the game were left unfinished and the world just felt too sterile. Anyone who played a Cyberpunk RPG or read anything remotely William Gibson couldn't help but be disappointed in the huge lack of customisation available.

Some of the storylines were exceptional and I've played it to completion a number of times over in spite of all of the above but the fact remains they disappointed many people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
While I accept they took a roasting on last gen consoles the game itself was riddled with bugs. Even setting that aside, whole chunks of the game were left unfinished and the world just felt too sterile. Anyone who played a Cyberpunk RPG or read anything remotely William Gibson couldn't help but be disappointed in the huge lack of customisation available.

Some of the storylines were exceptional and I've played it to completion a number of times over in spite of all of the above but the fact remains they disappointed many people.

So many missed opportunities in this game, like the recorded memories playback. They could have made this game a banger of a detective style mystery game with a ton of hard to find clues inside those memories; instead we get three of them and it holds your hand to find every clue in every layer which makes the mechanic pointless.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Puzzle handholding has been an issue in a lot of recent titles. God of War has NPCs dropping puzzle hints left and right, whether you want them or not.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Puzzle handholding has been an issue in a lot of recent titles. God of War has NPCs dropping puzzle hints left and right, whether you want them or not.

This is configurable in settings I thought or doesn't it work?